• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

MATURE: Pocket Monsters (7)

Whew, I finally, finally, FINALLY caught up!

In everything I've read so far, aside from the aforementioned technicalities, it's all been great! Now, I will admit that, as I've said before elsewhere, that I am easily impressed, and that I'll consume whatever you or any other great author puts in front of me, but your skills as a writer and the quality of this story still stand.

But I'm upset...

The only really unfortunate thing about finally catching up is that in that time, everything I probably could've said has been taken out of my mouth. However, that doesn't mean I won't say anything. But first off, since chapters four and five were ones I liked and the ones still fresh in my head.

When he approached the group, he suddenly noticed Rena standing amongst them, still in her sleep attire. Her silky boxer shorts and form-fitting tank top immediately caught his eye, and the sight seemed to taunt him further about his decision to not accept her invitation to sleep in her room.

C'mon, Milo, you can't be controlled by your balls and lack of manliness!

Seeing that Rena seemed like a very sweet, kind girl, helped Milo feel a little more comfortable in her presence. He was pleased to find that she wasn't like most of the stuck-up “pretty girls” he had gone to school with in recent years. From talking to her, it appeared as though Rena was actually very smart, driven and sensible at the ripe old age of sixteen.

Notice how she wasn't controlled by her vagina feminine charms when she was speaking to you and appeared to be quite wholesome.

As for this rival boy everyone's gushing about...I raise my hand in agreement for how amazingly well done he is. When I first saw Bryce belittling poor Milo I was about to yell at the screen.

But when I stopped myself at the last moment and thought it over, as much of a dickhead he was, he didn't fit the criteria for being called that. Milo was kind of being a dickhead as well, after all (Man I just love throwing that word around.). So, excellent work on creating a dude who I want to curse out but still concede in the end that he's got a point. But still call him a jerk for how easily he flaunts his status.

Oh, yes, and on the lie Milo told Rena...in all honesty, compared to what he could have said, it wasn't that big a deal. Fawkes wandered too close to an Ursaring. That's fine. But what if he had said that he was trying to catch the damn thing? He'd then have to circumvent her chastising by coming up with yet another lie, like Fawkes is tougher than it looks and how it's taken down a Gyarados before or something, and things would have piled up much faster. What if she'd asked for an interview? Oh, snap, the little guy would have been done in.

Although, to be fair, I don't blame him. After all, who wants to tell a sweet and pretty girl that your Pokemon is in the infirmary because it got shanked by a weird baby bug with 'shrooms on its back?

Now, for this chapter, well...nice work on it. Outside of what was said, I do wonder about a thing or two.

I noticed that you compare Pokemon battles to boxing matches in your descriptions, like you did with your previous two fics. Is there any particular reason for it? I know it's more realistic and all, but is that really the only form of fighting you could compare realistic Pokemon battles to, or is it just the one that comes to mind the easiest?

Speaking of that battle, I could definitely imagine the result as a flight-or-fight response kicking in big time. Whether or not it was something else, I'm all ears for when you decide to explain. And the effects on the playing (more like killing) field were well-described. I almost felt like I was sunk down into my gut like little Shinx. Of course, it didn't hurt that I was slumping in my chair while reading, either.

As for suggestions, well, I was curious. Do you have every single location planned out for the journey? I was thinking maybe you could borrow a location or two from the anime, since we saw a lot of them in Kanto but only for one episode. I figured you could try something like that, and since we only usually saw those locations once, maybe you could expand some more on them. Or have you already adapted certain towns from the anime into this fic already? If you've been doing this, then I apologize for bringing it up.

Anyways, excellent work. We've all come to expect no less from you. I hope things only get better from here on.

Oh, and uh...if you want me to take those certain comments down, I'll be glad to, ehehehe.

Last edited:
Thanks @LightningTopaz and @Johnny Gaddar for the comments!

I hope that I can improve a bunch on my writing as I continue this story :) I know I have lots left to learn and get better at, mainly my characterization and stuff like that.

Thanks again to anyone who takes time to read my little story, and even bigger thanks to those who comment. It really means a lot to me to hear feedback from you guys!

Good chapter. I first thought that the Shinx scene was a bit overushed with Golduck falling in one strike,but when I thught again the odds were in it's favor (Golduck already hurt from battling Arcanine+type matchup+STAB+Rivalry+the training it had before which is hinted by it's damaged Pokeball)-anyway a great finish and an epic scene.

Yeah, I was struggling with the pace of the battle, but in the end, there is going to be a reason that Shinx beat Golduck so quickly. I'll start to address it in the next chapter.

Thanks for the comments everyone, though!

I think Chapter 8 should be up soon.

I thought Shinx was going to evolve for a second there. But then I realized it was much too early. So now I'm curious.

Thanks for reading everyone :) I'm spending the week in the hospital again (surprise surprise) due to some inflammation of my prosthetic heart valve (yay!), and browsing through my beloved Writers Workshop on my ipad.

Just want to say how much it helps me get through the days to see you guys comment on my little story. It sounds weird, but it kind of gives me a sense of thrill and liveliness to see people commenting on a collection of words that I have come up with. I guess being in the hospital as much as I've been lately makes you kind of emotional and thoughtful, so yes, I appreciate you all!

Please feel free to lend more criticism, suggestions, thoughts on the story thus far :)

Chapter 8 might take a while, as I have a surgery scheduled for a few weeks from now. But I promise I will continue this story!

Ditto here. Our thoughts are all with you right now, so best of luck, get rested and be well and safe.

My thoughts are added to the book of thoughts you probably have by now :), so get rested and good luck!

Your health should always be on the first place,so don't feel bad about about not posting as often as you would want to. I wish you best of luck and will be sure to continue to comment.

Not sure how I want to humorously comment on this new development, and believe me, I have like 4-5 ways in mind, so I'll just settle for an unfunny and straightforward "get well soon".

In the meantime, since we got a bit before the next chapter rolls along...

Milo x Rena, or Milo x Izzy?

Being an anti-shipper, the fact that I'm even thinking of this is saying something. Either that I want to think of this story regardless or I care for the characters enough. And even though said anti-shipperness is preventing me from seeing the latter as plausible at the moment due to her not appearing in a while (although it can be chalked up to Milo not having a phone on him 24/7), there's still the off-chance it could happen depending on what goes down when the beans get spilled to Rena.

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be re-writing Pocket Monsters to include a vast array of new and exciting plot changes that will end up making this story so much better!

I know I did this with ASL/TPI as well, but I'm a perfectionist, and will all my time in the hospital, I have a lot of free time. For those of you who have stuck by this story, I apologize, but promise that these changes will be well worth it as the story progresses.

Some of the changes will seem minor at the beginning, but again, it is essential to the grand story, which I plan on spanning through 3 separate novels.

Thank you.

Interesting, good thing I didn't read chapter 7 then. XD

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom