• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

pokemon 5th generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one idea for a special ability for basic grass plant unevolved pokemon: Bellsprout, Oddish, Sunkern, Budew and cherubi (1% chance of finding one with this abiliy)

"Miracle Grow" These pokemon Gain 1.3x Experience and +2 to every start each level up until lv35 then gain normal experience and EVs, once they evolve they lose ability. And pokemon with this ability cannot hold lucky egg

Its basically because these pokemon evolve early and are not really that great in their unevolved state. Cacnea should not count as it has sand veil and can use sandstorm and it would be bad if it used sandstorm and buffetted itself if it had "Miracle Grow" and not "Sand Veil"

Wow that sounds really stupid.

Anyway,
By the looks of it [Rotom],
In Gen V we'll have Pokemon made after cars and computers.

My friend is convinced that legendaries will have evo's.
Though I don't see that happening anytime soon.

But I do think that it's way too soon to be thinking of Gen V.
Considering it'll probably be on Nintendo's next handheld,
Which I also don't see happening anytime soon.
This is just my opinion though we'll just have to see what happens.

Here's a list of the as yet unused dual-types. I didn't include the "reversed typed" as a Rock/Ground-type is the same as a Ground/Rock-type. There are 66 65 possibilities, 67 66 including a pure Flying-type.

Normal/
Fighting
Poison
Ground
Rock
Bug
Ghost
Steel
Fire
Grass
Electric
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Fighting/
Flying
Ground
Rock
Ghost
Electric
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Poison/
Rock
Steel
Fire
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dragon

Ground/
Ghost
Electric
Dark

Rock/
Ghost
Electric
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Bug/
Fire
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Ghost/
Steel
Fire
Water
Grass
Psychic

Steel/
Grass
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Fire/
Water
Grass
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dragon

Grass/
Electric
Dragon

Electric/
Psychic
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Psychic/
Dark

Ice/
Dragon

Dragon/
Dark

Last edited:
If they do make a pure Flying-type in the 5th gen, how do you think they'd pull it off? I know I thought Altaria was a pure Flying-type when I first saw it, so they might do something along those design lines, but I'm not sure.

People thought Chatot was going to be pure Flying and they didn't seem to have a problem with that.

I know people say now that the Iron Ball would make it impossible to have a pure Flying type, but they could give it an ability that would make it impossible to use such a thing on it (maybe that said pure Flying type can, say, only equip Berries or something, or even nothing at all). And it couldn't learn Roost, but that'd be easy to program.

I don't see why it can't hold an Iron Ball. It doesn't get rid of the type, it jsut gets rid of its ground immunity (and slows it down one level).

Roost is a different story, but I doubt it gets rid of the type aswell. it likely just does away with immunities, resistance and weakness.

Pure flying type? As it says ingame "Bird pokemon would eventually crash" if they flew too much without resting, so they being the nearest thing to pure flying, you'd see a pure flying would not exactly work, unless it slept while flying and would that not be a bit dangerous?

But the closest thing we have to a pure flying type I'd say would be "Drifloon or Drifblim" minus the exception of being part ghost as they don't sit on ground or whatever to sleep and always float around.

I don't see why it can't hold an Iron Ball. It doesn't get rid of the type, it jsut gets rid of its ground immunity (and slows it down one level).

Roost is a different story, but I doubt it gets rid of the type aswell. it likely just does away with immunities, resistance and weakness.

It won't get rid of the type..
Well i don't think it will anyway?

Pure flying type? As it says ingame "Bird pokemon would eventually crash" if they flew too much without resting, so they being the nearest thing to pure flying, you'd see a pure flying would not exactly work, unless it slept while flying and would that not be a bit dangerous?

But the closest thing we have to a pure flying type I'd say would be "Drifloon or Drifblim" minus the exception of being part ghost as they don't sit on ground or whatever to sleep and always float around.

Actually, real-life Albatrosses sleep while flying, so it is possible. However, I agree, they do land eventually, only to nest and rear young. Maybe a pure Flying-type could be based on an albatross? It could (I know this is stretching it) even possibly be an evolution to Pelipper (because Arceus knows that thing just sucks and needs another evolution).

Maybe your right about pelipper, it does suck. And I think its same for the Arctic tern, it spends most of its life on wing thinking about it.

Maybe we need an alternate evolution to wingull maybe with water stone to become the albatross pokemon?, but then it would still be part water

And yes,unless it does not breed, all flying types would need to land an make nests to breed in

Also at Fightingg/Psysic type = not a great type combo, I mean if you had the ability to fight really well or use psysic powers well, what choice would you do?

Last edited:
Also at Fighting/Psychic type = not a great type combo, I mean if you had the ability to fight really well or use psysic powers well, what choice would you do?

Well, Gallade seems to be doing fine.

Here's a list of the as yet unused dual-types. I didn't include the "reversed typed" as a Rock/Ground-type is the same as a Ground/Rock-type. There are 66 possibilities, 67 including a pure Flying-type.

Normal/
Fighting
Poison
Ground
Rock
Bug
Ghost
Steel
Fire
Grass
Electric
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Fighting/
Flying
Ground
Rock
Ghost
Electric
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Poison/
Rock
Steel
Fire
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dragon

Ground/
Ghost
Electric
Dark

Rock/
Ghost
Electric
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Bug/
Fire
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Ghost/
Steel
Fire
Water
Grass
Psychic

Steel/
Grass
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Fire/
Water
Grass
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dragon

Grass/
Electric
Dragon

Electric/
Psychic
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Psychic/
Dark

Ice/
Dragon

Dragon/
Dark

Wow, I'm surprised there are that many. Was that list directly-made from you?

Well, Gallade seems to be doing fine.

So does Medicham. Also, Medicham was originally a fighter that supposedly gained psychic powers through its meditation. I'm guessing that is what gave Medicham its ability Pure Power. In the end its psychic power seems toh ave hightened its physical one.

Wow, I'm surprised there are that many. Was that list directly-made from you?

Yes. I went through and checked all the type combos myself. I've created various Pokémon lists before finding out that Bulbapedia already has a lot of them.

Last edited:
Yes. I went through and checked all the type combos myself. I've created various Pokémon lists before finding out that Bulbapedia already has a lot of them.

Cool, I've looked into future typing possibilites myself, but didn't go as deep as you. Even though it would be interesting, I don't think GF will incorporate every single one of those combonations.

DP isn't over and this has already started.lol

The only thing about this that makes me curious is the 5th gen female trainer. I mean, if there is a pattern of starting of the girls with elemental birds(if you don't mind me calling them that) then they'll probably give her a grass bird of some sort. If that is the pattern they're going with, then I wonder what the bird would be. I mean, we've had a chick, then a penguin...what's next?

I've had a thought similar to yours, Nomura. I've been trying to think myself about what the next gen starters will be based on (animal-wise). Whats left? Monkey, turtle, penguin, chicken, crocodile, etc has all been done.

An armadillo starter might be fun ^^ it would probably be the grass-type starter, but have a really unexpected -- or at least rarely used -- type combo to go with it. Maybe since armadillos are desert dwelling creatures, we might be in for another Grass/Ground type. Or maybe it could be Grass/Rock or even Grass/Fire (since it lives in such a hot environment). I don't think they'd combine two 'starter types' in one starter pokemon, though, but it still might be fun.

I still say the 5th gen's fire starter should be a Fire/Psychic type. Water could be combined with something else...I don't know, besides Squirtle, I never really liked the water starters.

DP isn't over and this has already started.lol

Dude, this thread's been around since DP started. It's not like someone just made it a few weeks ago.

An armadillo starter might be fun ^^ it would probably be the grass-type starter, but have a really unexpected -- or at least rarely used -- type combo to go with it. Maybe since armadillos are desert dwelling creatures, we might be in for another Grass/Ground type. Or maybe it could be Grass/Rock or even Grass/Fire (since it lives in such a hot environment). I don't think they'd combine two 'starter types' in one starter pokemon, though, but it still might be fun.

I still say the 5th gen's fire starter should be a Fire/Psychic type. Water could be combined with something else...I don't know, besides Squirtle, I never really liked the water starters.

If they go by the possible pattern I mentioned then I have no idea as to what the grass could or will be.

For the fire type, that wouldn't be a bad choice at all, just as long as it completely moves away from the fire/fighting we've had for the last 2 generations.

For the water, I hope this is the one Ash gets. Normally I would say fire, but since he got chimchar, and already has his charizard...and the quil if you wish to add him, he really doesn't need a fire starter again. Neway, I hope it's lizard based, part physic/dark/dragon or anything besides steel that Ash has not had yet, just so he can have it...and like his other lizard based starters(charizard and sceptile) it will hopefully fully evolve into a complete badass.

Dude, this thread's been around since DP started. It's not like someone just made it a few weeks ago.

That's not exactly what I meant. I just think it's funny how impatient we can be about the next series....no matter when this thread began.

The Armadillo probably would be more ground and we alrady have sandshrew which is kinda armadillo like. Whats left animal wize...hmm....

Antelope, Gorilla, Zebra, Platapus, Kangeroo, Kowala, Cookaburah (spelled wrong I think, that Australian bird), Salamander, Newt, Tiger, dolphin (to take care of those nasty ol sharpedo), Flying Squirrel, Badger... all I can think of now.

and for the Grass/Fire - it could have damp moss on its back to stop the fire attacks accidently doing much damage to itself or something cause grass/plants can burn easily if dried up, look at how bush fires go.

Maybe we need a Toad pokemon for a starter for a Fire/Ground - Starts as a "Tadcroak"(Tadpole pokemon that lives in ground) then "Croaker" (tadpole with legs)and "Croking" (The final evolution toad pokemon) we don't need another poison frog/toad do we?

Last edited:
The Armadillo probably would be more ground and we alrady have sandshrew which is kinda armadillo like. Whats left animal wize...hmm....

Antelope, Gorilla, Zebra, Platapus, Kangeroo, Kowala, Cookaburah (spelled wrong I think, that Australian bird), Salamander, Newt, Tiger, dolphin (to take care of those nasty ol sharpedo), Flying Squirrel, Badger... all I can think of now.

and for the Grass/Fire - it could have damp moss on its back to stop the fire attacks accidently doing much damage to itself or something cause grass/plants can burn easily if dried up, look at how bush fires go.

Maybe we need a Toad pokemon for a starter for a Fire/Ground - Starts as a "Tadcroak"(Tadpole pokemon that lives in ground) then "Croaker" (tadpole with legs)and "Croking" (The final evolution toad pokemon) we don't need another poison frog/toad do we?

Useing your animal examples, I'm gonna make a team for ash that will never happen.

Pikachu
The water lizard based pokemon(not likeing the newt, and salamander is fire)
that australian bird for his bird
the tiger will be his fire
zebra can be his grass
kowala can be steel...give him something new for once.

I gotta new question now....what pokemon do you guys see getting pre-evo's and evo's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom