• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Pokemon Advanced: The Johto Region (START UP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer rolled her eyes at the fact that her brother had short-circuited the girl he was talking to. It was far from the first time Summer had witnessed this, and it would be far from the last time. Grabbing his shirt, she began pulling him gently out of the lab. "Come on you. We should get going, we're the last ones here." She muttered, clearly irritated.

"Awwww come on Sunny." Vance dropped the pet name that only he could call Summer. "Luna, come with, we should group up it'll be fun." He didn't fight Summer because he knew that only ended in defeat.

That was when Luna snapped back into reality. Winter let out an annoyed howl before walking along side her new human friend, Summer.

"Winter already made that decision for me..." She trailed off as she began to follow them. "Which gym are we taking on first anyways?"

"I'm sorry I just can't take it seriously with those on," Tyler pointed at the sunglsses, trying his best to hold back his laughter from the others as he looked at Xavier. "I do like the name though," he pointed out with a smile, only to start looking around the field. "On that note, maybe Melody has a point. Our starters aren't exactly the best if we're going to be dealing with Falkner."

"We're taking on gyms?" Vance asked quietly. It was clear he hadn't given much thought to what they would be doing once they got started.

"Something that is easy for fire types would make the most sense right?" Summer asked, gesturing to Winter as well as the un-named Charmander and Growlithe that the Snow siblings had received. "Thoughts Luna?"

Courtney agreed and burst out with laughter at Bobbi's pokemon, "Xavier is a fitting name" she complimented before realising Melody's concerns for the next gym. She looked at Leviathan, which was still in her arms and contemplated how she would defeat the gym. It wouldn't be impossible, but it wasn't going to be a walk in the park, especially against a gym leader. Maybe she had to start training as well as start looking for some other Pokemon that would help diversify her team. Courtney hadn't really battled properly and wasn't sure if she would be any good at it.

Vinny and his Misdreavus were quite a way's ahead of any of the groups that had formed on the way to Cherrygrove, not that he minded right this second. He was too excited about having a Pokémon to really worry about it, and rather than talking, he was already battling some of the local wildlife. He wasn't doing the best, and Misdreavus was starting to get worn out already. After dispatching another Rattata, Vinny called Misdreavus to his side, of course standing under the shade of a tree.

Vinny praised the Pokémon, "You're doing great, Misdreavus!"

Returning Misdreavus to her Poké Ball, Vinny looked up to see his battling had given a good number of the folks back at the lab time to catch up to him. He proceeded to wave at them and jogged up to walk alongside them at the edge of their group, "Hey guys! I see you've got yourself a group already."

Bobbi smirked at Xavier, who was fuming for not being taken seriously. "Yeah, he does look pretty silly, doesn't he? But he insisted on wearing them so the first place where I can buy sunglasses, I'm going to." Xaiver bared his frills at Bobbi. "Hey Xiav - behave." Bobbi told him in a stern tone, not liking where it was going. Xavier cocked his head to the side, not used to be told what to do.

She turned back to the trainers. "We should probably go against the wild 'mon and maybe catch 'em while we're at it." She then saw Vinny. "Hey there, Vinny! Wait...who's is my group then?" She asked.

"Right," Luna replied with a nod, "If we want to take on Azalea Town's gym first, then we would need to bypass Violet City and head south, and through the Ilex Cave. Perhaps we can capture some Pokemon on the way there in preparation for the gym? We can't be too risky and just rely on our starters."

Meanwhile, Melody just nodded along with Tyler. They were going to have to catch something useful if they wanted to beat Falkner. Finneon definitely wasn't the best choice, but Piplup could be, if it got the right training and/or evolved. Finneon evolves way later than Piplup, and even then, it would be dinner for the birds if she used it. She needed to find a good electric type. Perhaps a Mareep or Pikachu? Did Pikachu even live in Johto?

An older teenager, with dark brunette hair and stormy eyes, was making her way leisurely from the water's edge in New Bark, being followed by an adorable dark-type. The Poochyena then ran ahead, glancing back to Tabitha - which resulted in the Bite Pokemon crashing headfirst into Summer. Running over to both her Pokemon and the other girl, she lifted her dazed partner from the teenager.

"So sorry, Ib's pretty reckless like that.. You're not hurt, are you?"

Summer shook her head, smiling at the event. "Not at all." Summer told Tabitha reassuringly. "Im Summer by the way." She introduced herself offhandedly.

"I'm Tabitha, but you can call me Tabbi. This is Ib, my hotheaded and reckless partner." Tabitha introduced herself with a smile, gesturing to the hyena-esque Pokemon beside her. The female Poochyena gave a slight scowl as Tabbi explained the dark-type's most prominent flaw, but shook it off and squirmed out of the teenager's grasp. Shaking out her fur, the Bite Pokemon gave her best glare to her trainer (which, much to her dismay, ultimately failed) and stared over at Summer.

"There's gotta be something here we can battle," Tyler commented, only to notice Neptune wander on his own. 'Hey where are you going!" he called out before following him into the tall grass, only to see the Piplup be smacked back by a gust of wind. 'The hell?" he groaned, seeing a Pidgey flapping its wings as it came out of the grass, a glare on its face. 'Well...looks like my prayers were answered," he stated with a frown.

Melody was actually surprised that Tyler mentioned a Pokemon and he gets his wish. She wondered if she could find a Pokemon like that. With that, she tried sending her Finneon, whom she still hadn't nicknamed, out of it's Pokeball. It just laid on the ground and flopped about as it tried to get into an upright position. Feeling rather bad for the Pokemon, she picked it up.

"Sorry," she apologized, "I guess that isn't the best scenario is it?" she wasn't sure how she was going to catch her first Pokemon if her Finneon was having difficulty just not flailing about on land.

"It's nice to meet you, Tabitha," Luna replied with a soft smile. Winter looked over at Ib, and sniffed her for a moment before letting out a yelp of welcoming.

"All right, let's give it a go Neptune!" Tyler called out to the Piplup, who simply chirped back while glaring at the Pidgey. Neptune charged forward, holding its peck towards the Pidgey before it jumped up and stabbed at it. The flying type simply avoided the attack before spinning around and slamming its wing against Neptune, throing the Piplup back.

"Um, what attacks to use hmmm?" Tyler wondered, realizing that he had yet to properly check his Pokemon's moves. He pulled out his Pokedex, feeling nervousness creep into him while he pointed it at the Pokemon. He had charged into the battle without preparing properly, thinkin that it would've been a lot easier to deal with a Pidgey. Unfortunately, he didn't take into account the fact that Pidgeo was clearly knowledgeable on what attacks it knew and saw as Neptune was smack aside once more by the bird Pokemon's wing attack. 'Dang it! Bubblebeam!" he yelled out desperately, almost clapping in delight when Piplup threw its head forward and fired a barrage of bubbles straight onto Pidgey's chest, making it fly back.

Winter seemed rather annoyed that the group hadn't fully left yet. Releasing an annoyed growl, she began her sprint away from the group and into the area of route 29. Luna quickly noticed this and released a groan of annoyance.

"Dang it, Winter! Come back!" she replied as she grabbed her backpack and began to follow after her Vulpix. When her Vulpix got into the tall grass, she looked around, hearing a rather odd sound. A rather unsettling slithering in the grass. Slowly, she began growling as she looked around. Before long, she was ganged up by five wild Ekans. When Luna ran to where her Vulpix was, one of the Ekans turn it's head and struck her leg. Thankfully, it was a young Ekans so it hadn't developed venom in the fangs. Growling, Luna ignored the puncture marks and blood from her leg as she kicked the Ekans in the head. "You are so rude! Don't you dare bite me! I'll end you, Ekans!"

Ib and Tabbi took off after the other trainer and her irritated Pokemon, only skidding to a stop as they saw Luna kick the Ekans in the head.

"Uh.. Ib, Fire Fang on the Ekans.."

Yipping, the Bite Pokemon's fangs began to teem with flames as she lunged at the snake.

Both Yash and Cheryl had began their journey to route 29. Yash stopped for a sip of water from his bottle. While he was drinking, something hurt hard at his shin. "Ow!" he said, pulling up his leg. And where he felt the pain on his leg, he saw a Fletchling pecking at his leg. By his sudden movement, the wild Pokémon moved away some distance.

Yash was rather surprised to see a Fletchling in these parts. But it wasn't the time to think.

"All right Hazard", he said to his Treecko who was sitting on his shoulder. "Get ready to battle. It's time to catch our first friend. Go! Use Pound!"

Bobbi watched as Tyler went to battle a wild pokemon. Maybe I should try catch a wild 'mon. But for now...

Turning back to the group of trainers, Bobbi asked all of them, "Hey, does anyone wanna battle Xavier here? Y'know, for experience and stuff so we can get them used to the idea of battling and experience for us as well." She said, casually. Xavier flashed all the starters a competitive smile.

While everyone else was busy training their Pokémon, Alice and Laguna was busy enjoying their stroll through the forest. They had strayed a bit from the main road and into more woody areas, since both of them love nature and knew the area well. They both loved the quietness, the earthy smell, and the light that shone through the trees. It made the forest look like a scene from a fairy tale. The moss growing on the trunks of the trees, and droplets of water dripping from large leaves gave a dreamy air to the forest and it made Laguna think, what a marvelous thing life was.

It was Alice that broke the silence by humming to the song "Lullaby of Birdland." She used to sing the song everytime she was walking through the town in the evening, her arms overflowing with wildflowers.

"So... Falkner, huh?" Laguna said as he gazed off at the distance. "I wonder what's a Gym Battle is like..."

"Scared?" A small chuckle escaped Alice's pink lips.

"No way!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom