• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Pokemon Advanced: The Johto Region (START UP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Luna's leg was wrapped with the towel, she stood up and smiled at Vance.

"Thank you," she spoke politely as Winter rolled her eyes and began walking beside Summer. She then heard Tabitha and nodded, "I do, actually. It's become...a rather bad habit of mine. I don't even remember where I got started, but I think my first kick came to my neighbor when he took a lollipop I dropped on the ground. I got mad and kicked him in the knee. I was eight."

Meanwhile, Melody had finished her long, drawn out battle with the youngster. The only reason it was so drawn out was because of the youngster using weak moves in an attempt to keep looking at Melody while he "battled". He even had the audacity to ask for her number afterwards, to which she politely declined. When she was far enough away from the youngster, she caught up to Bobbi and Tyler.

"Okay, so I'm gonna head on a bit to look for some Pokemon...preferrably around Route 46. There's a gate that goes up that way. I've read that there are rock types that way." with that, she returned her Finneon to it's Pokeball before heading in the direction of the new route.

"Well, if you don't tick me off, then no," Luna replied rather seriously, unaware that Vance was merely toying with her. Winter growled in annoyance as she shook her head. If the Vulpix had telepathy, she'd be telling Summer exactly how she felt about this ordeal. She wanted a real trainer, not someone who cares more about a boy. Then again, it was only the first day, so there was a glimmer of hope that Luna would be more rational.

"Yes! Nice one, Xav!" Bobbi said when Neptune flew back. While he was down, Bobbi quickly called back to Melody, "Ok, meet us by that gate and don't catch any good pokemon without me!"

Turning back to Xavier, Bobbi noticed the piplup charging with pound and was about to tell Xavier to dodge when Xavier glowed yellow and released a powerful cyclone of yellow electricity from his body towards Neptune, the normal and electric type having recently leveled up and had learned a new move.

Woh, what was that? Bobbi thought, taking out the pokedex and pointing it towards the move. "Woh! He learned thunder shock!" She said, reading about it. And there's a chance that he can paralyse Neptune... Bobbi thought, grinning.

"Hazard use pound!" . The grass Pokémon did a somersault from it's trainer's shoulder to whack it's tail on the wild Fletchling. But the wild Pokémon was quick and in a swift movement dodged the attack. It then flew towards Treecko and smacked it's wing on his body. Treecko stumbled backwards.
"It's fast. It's not gonna be easy." Yash said to himself.
The wild Fletchling moved higher in the air. It then started charging towards Treecko. "Hold your ground Hazard!" his trainer exclaimed. "Wait.......wait.....now dodge and use pound!" Just as the Fletchling came pummelling towards the ground, Treecko moved away and the wild Pokémon crashed into the ground. Treecko slammed his tail onto the wild Pokémon. The Fletchling started standing.

"Now Hazard, for the last time, use Pound!" Treecko slammed his tail hard on the Fletchling and sent it reeling away backwards. Just when it fell to the ground, Yash threw a Pokeball at it. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The Pokeball stopped moving. And the circle on the centre turned white.

"I caught it. We caught it Treecko." Yash said.

Just on a tree nearby, a Pidgey rested itself.

" You just caught your first Pokémon." Cheryl said. " Now its my turn! Go Zeus!"

Summer saw the look in the Vulpix's eyes and laughed. "You get used to him little one. His heart is in the right placemost of the time. He's just a little..." Summer chuckled, cutting herself off. "You'll understand when you're older Winter."

Vance smiled at this. "Duly noted." He said with a smile. "Now lets get you to the center."

Tabitha had strayed a bit from the group, having heard sounds of rustling in the bushes. Upon finding a small clearing, the girl and her Poochyena took note of a small fighting-type in the center of the area. And so, Ib stepped forward and let a battle commence. The Scraggy had attacked with Low Kick, though the Bite Pokemon was smart enough to evade, knowing that she was at a disadvantage.

"Alright. Fire Fang, let's go!" Tabbi called out, as the little hyena lunged with flames teeming at her jaws. She was able to land a solid hit to the Hoodlum Pokemon's shoulder, being smacked away a second later. However, the Dark-type canine seemed to have hit a weak spot; as a result, small patches of flames leeched the Scraggy's health. It was clear the Pokemon had a burn.

"Cheating?" Bobbi echoed, smirking, "It's called leveling up - Xavier leveled up for the first time and learned thundershock." She explained, grinning. "Now Xavier, use it again!" Another cyclone of electricity was fired at the piplup.

After the fighting had gone on for long enough, the Scraggy had collapsed due to exhaustion. With a smile, she tossed a Pokeball at it and waited, listening for the click. Deeming it safe to approach the capsule, she threw it into the air and caught it expertly with one hand.

"Alright, Ib! Four more to go, and our dark-themed team will be complete!" The hyena responded with a happy yip, as the trainer ran to catch up with Summer, Vance, and Luna.

"We don't have to go just yet," Luna frowned, "I won't bleed out or anything. If you guys want to battle or catch Pokemon first, then feel free. I can always rest. I've had worse happen to me than this, and I'm not going down that easily. So, don't let me hinder your journey by any means." but her attention was soon turned to Tabitha and Ib. "Oh, you ready to go as well?"

Tabitha nodded, throwing her most recent catch into the air. The familiar red energy materialized from the capsule, revealing a Scraggy. "I'm gonna name him Kalus. He's the newest member of my team." That being said, Ib sniffed at the dual-typed Hoodlum Pokemon curiously.

Xavier, surprised that Neptune had dodged the thunder shock, got hit by the pecks. While Neptune was close to Xavier and pecking him, Bobbi seized the opportunity and yelled out, "Quick, while he's close to you and pecking you, use thunder shock once again!" A cyclone of electricity from Xavier was sent to Neptune through Neptune's beak pecking him.

Vance nodded. "We have a long road ahead and missing out on an hour of battling won't kill us. Leaving a poisonous snake bite untreated on the other hand..." He cut himself off. "Now let's get going. The sooner you get treated the quicker the recovery."

Summer nodded in agreement.

"You need to realize that Ekans at this age don't have poison in their fangs, so this bite isn't life threatening," Luna noted with a slight smile, "I'm not going to hinder your adventure. Now, let's just keep going." When she saw the Scraggy, she had a smile appear on her face as she tried to speak "Scraggy". "You walkin' dem tracks like you hot stuff, but you ain't." that's when she realized everyone else could hear her. "Um...yeah, let's just keep going." her face was clearly masked in a crimson hue due to the levels of her embarrassment rising.

Courtney had walked back to where Tyler and Bobbi were having there battle. 'Oh wow, they still haven't finished. Let me sit by this, oh wait, no it's dirty, here...let me observe and learn from their battling' she thought as she sat down on a large rock. She looked at the Pokeball that had her freshly acquired Pokemon; she hadn't thought of a name for her Nidoran yet.

A sudden gust of wind whizzes through Alice's hair and ruffles her dress. The red, ribbon shaped hairclip on her hair was blown away in the blink of an eye.

"Oh no!" She said as she watched her hairclip fly like a paper airplane. The hairclip itself was not expensive. It was only a common hairpiece bought by Laguna in a small souvenir shop in Violet City, but the sentimental value is worth more than anything. She started running towards the direction where it flew, Laguna following behind.

The hairclip landed in front of Vance's feet.

"Oh emm... excuse me, that's actually mine. I'm sorry," she said, panting from exhaustion. "I'm really sorry..."

"You're tired?" Laguna chuckled at the exhausted girl.

"I'm a florist, not an athlete," Alice slowly raised her head, her cheeks pink from embarrassment. "Ah! Oh, you're... emm... the new trainer from the lab!"

Alice remembered the scene from the lab. A cute young man with his sister who were late to the lab and picked a fire type starter. It didn't take long for some girls to start fussing over him.

Vance smiled as he picked up the hairclip and went over to Alice. "No worries. And yeah, I'm one of the new trainers from the lab." He explained before gently clipped the hairclip back onto Alice's head. "It's a nice clip, I like the color." He said quietly so only Alice could hear. "Oh by the way, I'm Vance. Vance Snow." A belated introduction. "Nice to meet you."

Summer rolled her eyes. Another one. Again... While she was used to it, she always wondered if it would kill her brother to use his actual brain for once. If her brother used even half the brain power it took to charm all the girls he met for... well for anything else, she knew that Vance would be an unparalleled genius in his chosen field. Instead of a slacker skater who cruised through life without a care in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom