• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Adventures Predicted Ages and Timeline

Blob

Reaction score
Ever wanted to know the ages of the Pokémon Adventures Poké Dex Holders?

NOTE: I'll only be listing the dex holders from the chapter they received their dex in. Some chapters take place before/after others, such as ORAS taking place before XY and I will include ORAS predicted ages for X and Y.

Confirmed ages:

Red - 11 (RGB), 13 (Y), 14 (GSC), 16 (FRLG, E), 19 (ORAS)
Blue (Green) - 11 (RGB), 13 (Y), 14 (GSC), 16 (FRLG, E)
Green (Blue) - 11 (RGB), 13 (Y), 14 (GSC), 16 (FRLG), 17 (E), 20 (ORAS)
Yellow - 9 (RGB), 11 (Y), 12 (GSC), 14 (FRLG, E)

Gold - 11 (GSC), 13 (E), 16 (HGSS)
Silver - 11 (GSC), 13 (FRLG, E), 16 (HGSS)
Crystal - 11 (GSC), 13 (E), 16 (HGSS)

Ruby - 11 (RS), 12 (E), 15 (ORAS)
Sapphire - 10 (RS), 11 (E), 14 (ORAS)
Emerald - 11 (E), 14 (ORAS)

Diamond - 12 (DP, Pt)
Pearl - 12 (DP, Pt)
Platinum - 12 (DP, Pt)

Black - 14 (BW)
White - 14 (BW), 16 (B2W2)
Lack-Two - 12 (B2W2)
Whi-Two - 12 (B2W2)

Predicted Ages:

Red and Blue (Green)
- 15 (RS) - Looking at the Predicted Timeline, it seems like RS takes place about a year after GSC.
- 19 (HGSS) - Makes some sense, since Red and Blue are about 3 years older than Gold, Silver and Crystal and they were all 16 in HGSS.
- 22 (DP, Pt)
- 24 (BW) - Probably only takes place a few months after the beginning of DP.
- 26 (B2W2) - B2W2 takes place two years after BW.
- 27+ (XY) - There's going to be a PWT in B2W2, so for Blue to be in in Kalos, XY probably takes place a few years after B2W2.

Green (Blue) Same goes for her, but since she's a few months older than the former two, so she's probably: 20 (HGSS), 23 (DP, Pt), 25 (BW), 27 (B2W2) and 28+ (XY).

Gold, Silver and Crystal
- 12 (RS)
- 16 (ORAS) - As previously stated, the events of HGSS and ORAS take place at the same time.
- 19 (DP, Pt)
- 21 (BW)
- 23 (B2W2)
- 24+ (XY)

Ruby
- 11-12 (FRLG)
- 15 (HGSS)
- 18 (DP, Pt)
- 20 (BW)
- 22 (B2W2)
- 23+ (XY)

Sapphire is a few months younger than Ruby and and Emerald is about a year younger than them.
- 10-11 (FRLG)
- 14 (HGSS)
- 17 (DP, Pt)
- 19 (BW)
- 21 (B2W2)
- 22+ (XY)

Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
- 9 (ORAS)
- 14 (BW)
- 16 (B2W2)
- 17+ (XY)

Black
- 16 (B2W2)

Black and White
- 9 (ORAS)
- 17+ (XY)

X and Y
- 5-8 (ORAS)
- 13-16 (XY) - Neither X nor Y have confirmed ages yet, but I'd say they're around these ages.

RGB
Yellow (+2 Years)
GSC (+1 Year)
RS (+1 Year)
FRLG (+? Months)
Emerald (Time passed from the beginning of RS to the beginning of Emerald is around 10 months)
HGSS/ORAS (+3 Years)
DP (+3 Years)
PL (+A Month or so)
BW (+2 Years~)
B2W2 (+2 Years)
XY (+1 Year~)

Total Time Passed: Around 16 years

Last edited:
I'm talking about Pokémon Adventures, not the anime...

How did BW and ORAS started before DP? I thought that DP arc start at the same time as emerald?

Thanks for the predicted ages! I think these should be pretty close to the truth.

I've always loved the fact that the Pokedex Holders are allowed to age. I wonder, if the series will keep going on, they might choose to start avoiding mentioning their ages and make it ambiguous. I wouldn't mind reaching points where we have the first Pokedex Holders reaching ttheir 30s and so on, though.

How did BW and ORAS started before DP? I thought that DP arc start at the same time as emerald?
ORAS is definitely before DP, but I screwed up the timeline on BW. I'll update it later.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom