• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Mafia - Day 4: Feeding the Flames of Firey Passion

The "cool", "fascinating", etc comments weren't sarcasm? Because they definitely read like sarcasm to me...
It's more like "good, but that's it???" reaction. Hard to convey through text but I can see how it can come across as a bit sarcastic.

I do see the vibe you get that he feels like he's under pressure, but it definitely feels like being a new player thing. I remember in my first game feeling a lot more pressure than I would've had I been in the same position with the experience I have now, just because I didn't know what I was doing. I don't get the vibe that he's trying to get people to get people to overlook him now, and he's been actively contributing a lot more than a lot of other people, which, especially from a new player, strikes me as town.
I understand your point perfectly, but in my opinion one thing does not necessarily have to cancel the other, in fact, it makes everything feel more realistic lol. It's just a possibility that crossed my mind, anything can happen, it would be the plot twist of the century though XD

On a different note, after rereading Jinjo's comments myself, Human Dawn's analysis makes a lot of sense.

I have a fear which I have to keep a secret until after the game because telling you would increase the chance of said fear come true. This may sound oddly msterious but I just wanted to announce that beforehand sonnobody can say I came up with it afterwards. So for now I have to keep silent because otherwise I would jynx it.

These are the players I plan on looking more into.

Pika_Pika - He only has one big post and hasn't interacted with any players or questioned. A big post like this I could see it as mafia who wants to avoid doing anything controversial and this is also a really safe play.
Space and Mido - Some of their posts looked like it was casting some doubt which I didn't like and mafia's goal is to cast doubt.

Vote: Pika_pika42

I'm so lost.
hi so lost I'm dad

Pika_Pika - He only has one big post and hasn't interacted with any players or questioned. A big post like this I could see it as mafia who wants to avoid doing anything controversial and this is also a really safe play.
if he's scum trying to post as little as possible but still appearing a bit just a single post breaks the activity rule so I feel like the inactivity is likely NAI

@HumanDawn sorry if I missed something but why is Pika_Pika so high? lol

while I don't agree with jinjo on them being so low I'm not sure I'd agree with his super lukewarm post staying on the fence enough to be like among the top towns

Double post

Hrmmm...

Vote: Midorikawa

She indeed implicated that two times already and it does kinda confuse me. There is the possibility though that by claiming to be mafia they would maybe appear to be less threatening than the arsonist - but that would be a kinda weird strategy, especially because there would be no guarantee that we aren't still lynching them because they're mafia after all.
:bulbaFacepalm: As others said it was a joke. I always make the joke especially to Jinjo who always scum reads me.
I disagree with the notion the Space/ExLight is a likely scumpair. Space agreed with my thoughts that scum would probably be taking my firefighter claim at face value, and ExLight's been like the biggest advocate for taking my word on it I feel like, so if that angle were to be pushed, then ExLight would be among the top people to push with it (though I'd personally take it against Pikapika first, his one post isn't doing a lot for me), and Space would be expected to push it as well given her already stated agreement with it, so not doing so would be scummy. At this point, there's no reason for her to set herself up so she might either have to push ExLight or look scummy if their on the same team.
Hahaha. Light and I once faked his ring different opinions.

Space as 3P herself - I kinda dig, yo! But it's more because her posts have been so underwhelming and uninteresting in this game I can't help but feel that something is up likely a piano she plans on dropping on me, gulp.

now i might

uninteresting, sure I can see that. But what about this is underwhelming?

I have a fear which I have to keep a secret until after the game because telling you would increase the chance of said fear come true. This may sound oddly msterious but I just wanted to announce that beforehand sonnobody can say I came up with it afterwards. So for now I have to keep silent because otherwise I would jynx it.

But if you're somewhat bringing it up, is that remaining silent at that point

On Jinjo, I agree there's no substance to their posts. Also I'm pretty sure they've scumread me and Midorikawa as mafia together before so that's typical of them, I feel. I'm not comfortable going after Jinjo yet because there just isn't enough reason to vote them. Especially not when there's Bigfoot

These are the players I plan on looking more into.

Space and Mido - Some of their posts looked like it was casting some doubt which I didn't like and mafia's goal is to cast doubt.

Vote: Pika_pika42
I can see how you would think that regarding Pika_pika42 - it's a very neutral post, but I haven't sensed they are laying low, at least not just yet.

About Space and Mido, what about their way of casting doubt makes them more suspicious as Mafia than Town trying to solve the game? The doubt they are casting - how is it suspicious?
does this have any special meaning regarding pairings or you just think we're like exactly the same level of towniness? lol
More or less, yes, but I would actually find it difficult to call it a Town read, because after I made the reads list, I ISO'd both of your posts in the game, and I got more of a "meh" feeling. Though, I might actually give more credit to Midorikawa for pushing voting. Your placings are more out of a PoE than any actual "wow, so Town!" reactions from me.
@HumanDawn sorry if I missed something but why is Pika_Pika so high? lol

while I don't agree with jinjo on them being so low I'm not sure I'd agree with his super lukewarm post staying on the fence enough to be like among the top towns
Partially because everyone below him is just that "meh", and partially because he gave me a "townie" emotion in making his thoughts clear from what little he had to work with. The effort is there.
Sorry but, what's NAI? :unsure:
Not Alignment Indicative - usually something really small and simple anyone from any side can do that won't tell their alignment.

Sorry but, what's NAI? :unsure:
Not Alignment Indicative

Hahaha. Light and I once faked his ring different opinions.
I'm sure autocorrect has probably done something to make this harder to read which is why I can't understand the specifics. But yes, I know ExLight is capable of scumtheatre; that doesn't mean I think Space would opt for setting herself up to have to potentially bus him should enough people agree with the "scum are gonna take firefighter at their word". She didn't have to draw attention to my post mentioning it, but she did.
Also if ExLight were planning scumtheatre I'd expect him to go all-in; meaning he wouldn't be defending Space.

Not Alignment Indicative - usually something really small and simple anyone from any side can do that won't tell their alignment.
Not Alignment Indicative
Thank you HumanDawn and DawningWinds :giggle:

After thinking about everything we've seen so far, here's my vote.

Vote: Jinjo

now i might

uninteresting, sure I can see that. But what about this is underwhelming?
Playing the game by the rope, except you are on staying on the ground despite putting your arms up to climb it.

The physics of the rope being pulled to climb it is there, but the body is not moving up because it is not making the effort to climb higher itself.

I think that's changing a bit now though.

Partially because everyone below him is just that "meh", and partially because he gave me a "townie" emotion in making his thoughts clear from what l
I disagree. His only read in the entire post is on me, which is a pretty safe read I feel like? He singled you and ExLight out because you'd talked more but didn't bother trying to take any remote stance on either of you. Then lumped absolutely everyone else in the post together as null reads.

Partially because everyone below him is just that "meh", and partially because he gave me a "townie" emotion in making his thoughts clear from what little he had to work with. The effort is there.

but what has PikaPika added to the discussion?

After thinking about everything we've seen so far, here's my vote.

Vote: Jinjo

sorry if you've said, but what are your thoughts on Bigfoot_the_Pokemon?

Back
Top Bottom