• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I wonder when it will be Ash turn to catch some Pokémon that he never catch them before in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola and Galar?

While it is controversial, I do think that Ash having other Pokemon is fine, if nothing else because not having them won't make it worse and it can counter at least some Goh issues.

Ash might as well catch more Pokémon- his Journeys team doesn’t get much focus anyway, whether he catches more or not

I'm not really on board with the whole reasoning that Ash might as well catch more pokemon in Journeys because of the way his team has been handled. It feels like something that people want to happen just because, with no real reason behind it. I would hate for Ash to catch more pokemon because not only would it be pointless, it would make no sense for the writers to do so.

I'm not really on board with the whole reasoning that Ash might as well catch more pokemon in Journeys because of the way his team has been handled. It feels like something that people want to happen just because, with no real reason behind it. I would hate for Ash to catch more pokemon because not only would it be pointless, it would make no sense for the writers to do so.
To add: and what exactly makes people think these possible new mons would've been treated better than the rest of his current team??? They might be new but the writers and their incompetence would be the exact same.

They wouldn't have a better fate, sadly enough.

I had a funny dream last night involving Pokemon where Goh actually caught himself a Jynx

Which made me realize, he probably won't be catching one in the anime alongside Kadabra or the Porygon line
Jynx has apprared in the anime just fine since its skin color was changed. And the lawsuit regarding Kadabra ended a year ago, actually pretty much to the date.

Jynx has apprared in the anime just fine since its skin color was changed. And the lawsuit regarding Kadabra ended a year ago, actually pretty much to the date.
Jynx hasn't been seen since AG, neither has Kadabra but it would be nice to see them both return, especially Kadabra if the lawsuit is over

I had a funny dream last night involving Pokemon where Goh actually caught himself a Jynx

Which made me realize, he probably won't be catching one in the anime
A effective way to walk around the ''Jynx issue'' imo would be if he caught a Smoochum. This Pokémon, while being Jynx's pre-evo, has no issues at all because it doesn't really has a lot of association with Jynx itself. I mean, one of them appeared in JN already, so it's not like the controversy affected it to much to the point where they can't use it, unlike it's evolved form.

So my idea would be of giving him one, and as long as they don't pull the ''It doesn't wants to evolves for X reason!'' trope on it, there's at least the implication of it evolving one day, off-screen ofc, but in a good way this time.

Poor Gengar. Apparently all Pokémon can Gigantamax nilly willy without restrictions, but Gengar somehow needs to work extra hard for something that literally even wild Pokémon can do. I guess that’s what happens when two trainers neglect your existence.

Poor Gengar. Apparently all Pokémon can Gigantamax nilly willy without restrictions, but Gengar somehow needs to work extra hard for something that literally even wild Pokémon can do. I guess that’s what happens when two trainers neglect your existence.
Gengar just appears to lack the Gigantamax Factor.

Gengar just appears to lack the Gigantamax Factor.
This is literally the first indication we've had that the factor even exists in the anime. We literally had random, wild Pokémon G-Max left and right. Even if it exists, Gengar is literally the first Pokémon in the anime to canonically lack the Gigantamax Factor. It’s weird that it has suddenly made an appearance for the worst developed member of the saga without any explanation. Hopefully Gengar is at least involved somehow.

This is literally the first indication we've had that the factor even exists in the anime. We literally had random, wild Pokémon G-Max left and right. Even if it exists, Gengar is literally the first Pokémon in the anime to canonically lack the Gigantamax Factor. It’s weird that it has suddenly made an appearance for the worst developed member of the saga without any explanation. Hopefully Gengar is at least involved somehow.
In the games, we also have wild Pokémon capable of Gigantamaxing in Max Raid Battles.

Back
Top Bottom