• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

IMG_0509.jpg

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that Bunnelby evolved. While it isn't one of the more popular early route Normal types, I thought that Bunnelby would still be too marketable for them to evolve. Not to mention Diggersby definitely doesn't seem particularly popular. Although, given the choices of evolving Bunnelby or Chespin, Bunnelby would make more sense given it was used more frequently in battle by comparison.

I'm also still baffled and annoyed at how nearly every other returning character in Journeys thus far has changes to their teams and/or some kind of sign of their off screen progress, while Dawn and her team are seemingly stagnant.

I'm also still baffled and annoyed at how nearly every other returning character in Journeys thus far has changes to their teams and/or some kind of sign of their off screen progress, while Dawn and her team are seemingly stagnant.
The only thing I can possibly guess is some weird concern that the gen 4 nostalgia would somehow be ruined by changing her team anyway, but that feels unlikely. Just seems to be a very strange decision unless Dawn is coming back again and something will happen then.

Inb4 the writers save a team change for Dawn in her final cameo....

Maybe...

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that Bunnelby evolved. While it isn't one of the more popular early route Normal types, I thought that Bunnelby would still be too marketable for them to evolve. Not to mention Diggersby definitely doesn't seem particularly popular. Although, given the choices of evolving Bunnelby or Chespin, Bunnelby would make more sense given it was used more frequently in battle by comparison.

I figure it was allowed to evolve because it's no longer relevant for the current series's merchandising, similar to how Axew was finally allowed to evolve for the same reason.

New titles for upcoming episodes (PJ109-112) were revealed already 21 hours ago on YouTube and they also appear on Pokémon wiki website with their summaries - so they're 100% confirmed. Project Mew episode, Alola ep with Lilie's return, Ultra Class final battle against Raihan (Pikachu is battling as was seen in the preview) and Paul episode with Dragonite battling Garchomp.

New titles for upcoming episodes (PJ109-112) were revealed already 21 hours ago on YouTube and they also appear on Pokémon wiki website with their summaries - so they're 100% confirmed. Project Mew episode, Alola ep with Lilie's return, Ultra Class final battle against Raihan (Pikachu is battling as was seen in the preview) and Paul episode with Dragonite battling Garchomp.
Not seeing them on Serebii or Bulbapedia, so those are most likely fakes.

Wait. Raihan in the Ultra Class? Than that would mean Paul was in the Masters 8. Which, well, not impossible, but I definitely think it's fake.

I would make more sense for Paul to be #9, with his battle between Ash being the defining match to see who gets to enter the Masters 8.

Wait. Raihan in the Ultra Class? Than that would mean Paul was in the Masters 8. Which, well, not impossible, but I definitely think it's fake.

I would make more sense for Paul to be #9, with his battle between Ash being the defining match to see who gets to enter the Masters 8.
I think surely for Ash to get into the Masters 8 - he’d have to battle someone from the Master’s 8? Best not to think about the logistics of the PWC ranking system.

No episode title is real until it’s on Serebii though…

Sure, Sure. They set-up an Ash vs Raihan rivalry with them wanting to battle and defeat Leon and then they battle in Hyper Class. That alone is already an indication its fake.

You do realize that Pokemon Wiki websites can be edited by everyone right?

I think surely for Ash to get into the Masters 8 - he’d have to battle someone from the Master’s 8? Best not to think about the logistics of the PWC ranking system.
I mean, the ranking system makes no sense and seems oddly arbitray at times. It's messy enough that they can just do that and get away with it.

I think surely for Ash to get into the Masters 8 - he’d have to battle someone from the Master’s 8?
This isn't the case I think. In the past we saw otherwise.

When Ash and Korrina fought, they were both (very high) in the normal class. And they both knew the winner of this match would go to the great class. And Ash did. He went to a new class (the top 1000) without fighting a trainer from the top 1000. Korinna would also have gone to the great class if she won, even though Ash's rank was lower (Korinna was 1001).

I don't know how they will handle it this time, but thinking back, in theory, Ash as number 9 can go into the top 8 by battling for example the number 11 and winning this fight. Also, somewhere in the past they stated the rule official PWC matches could only take place between competitors from the same rank.

We'll see I guess.

Back
Top Bottom