• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon games 17+?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugon

Iris fan #1
Reaction score
So, Pokemon Black & White are now 17+, or in some countries they're gonna be 13+. Did you hear about it? What do you think about it?

So, Pokemon Black & White are now 17+, or in some countries they're gonna be 13+. Did you hear about it? What do you think about it?

Do you mean that there rating is going to be that much? I don't really believe that, since I think that Pokemon has always tried their best to be kid friendly. My kid's first game will be Pokemon, once he learns how to read.

Yes, I meant rating.

Last edited:

lolwut? That sounds like you made it up. Source please.

Please tell me this is some kind of joke. Pokemon has always been directed toward younger audiences. I find it very hard to believe that this is true.

It's hard for me to believe too, but it seems like they've already rated it Mature in Japan :l I hope it will be at least 13+ outside Japan...

Wait a second, was that the official site?! Holy crap! Parents are going to flip when they hear about this.

Cool, except they got Japan's version of E, so I'm not worried. If they do end up as T or M in the USA, I'll be able to buy it myself so who cares. And if there is a more mature story that would be awesome.

Anyway, the site you linked to looks unlegit. No sources and I looked on Google for some evidence to back up what it says and got none. So I dismiss this as someone trying to incite a bit of panic for their own amusement. Translation: you got trolled. Hard.

Wait a second, was that the official site?! Holy crap! Parents are going to flip when they hear about this.

Well, all the information 'til now have been official on that site...

edit: Does anyone know if this is actually confirmed true? I mean I've always checked the latest B/W information on that site and they've never lied...

The Black and White Versions got rated "A" in Japan, which stands for "All Ages", which means that it isn't 17+.

Pokemon games will never be rated T or M (or 13+ or 17+), period.

That fansite is stupid...In some stores, you have to be a certain age to pre-order anything.
In fact, in GAME (the main game store in the UK, would you believe?) you have to have a Reward Card to pre-order, which iirc, you need a minimum age of 16 to get one.

As for the rating of the game itself. The "A" in Japan pretty much means anyone can play it. Now, in the West we appear to be less accepting of stuff than they are, so due to the increased focus on the plot, and the gym puzzles, I can see this game getting no higher than a 7+.

Also, it's "Britain" not "Brittan"

It only says 17+ to PREORDER the game.

/thread

However, I do wonder what a 17+ pokemon game would be like...
Skitty used Helping Hand!
Wailord used Gunk Shot!
Skitty used Swallow!
Wailord's attack continues!

It's A in Japan (equal to E-E10 in America).
I know it's a little edgier than previous games, but so far they've all been rated A/E/3 (Battle Revolution was 7 EU and Rumble was E10 US). There's just not enough realism in the action or a mature enough plot to make it anything more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom