• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Pokemon Generation Two Mafia! [Night Eight]

How would you like your Days, I have plans for both.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem "fairly certain" I know who's in the mafia? How? All I did is state the fact that ho-oh and lugia are obviously mafia, and propose the likely options for the third mafioso. Which is, you know, useful, considering the type of the third pokemon matters as far as attacking/being attacked by it goes.

I can at the very least follow your logic behind your claim that I tried to bait out a grass-type into softclaiming, but this just comes across as a blatant fabrication designed to incriminate me. I don't like it.

Vote: Elemantar

some of zexy's latest posts make me a bit less wary of him, I'm eyeing you more now.

I just have a feeling about you that makes you seem as though you're trying to mislead us.

TheCapsFan said:
I see nothing wrong with Zexy either at this point, but keep in mind that with these games the type of Pokemon, as well as species of Pokemon, is not necessarily alignment-indicative.
I thought that the legendary Pokemon of the region (such as Entei, Suicune, Raikou) were mafia like how in the last Pokemon Generations game the mafia was made up of Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno.

@Elementar Can you point out which specific post of Rainsquid's you're saying that she 'suggested an idea and asked for soft-claims' because I still can't find it unless its super vague and that's why. There are barely any pages and I still don't see it...

I thought that the legendary Pokemon of the region (such as Entei, Suicune, Raikou) were mafia like how in the last Pokemon Generations game the mafia was made up of Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno.

@Elementar Can you point out which specific post of Rainsquid's you're saying that she 'suggested an idea and asked for soft-claims' because I still can't find it unless its super vague and that's why. There are barely any pages and I still don't see it...
this one
I don't currently have a strong opinion either way, but I am leaning more towards distrusting it, I suppose...also, it's of note that if he was town aligned, he'd be announcing his weakness to both aeroblast and sacred fire, two moves the mafia almost certainly has access to. Not the wisest of decisions.

on one hand, I'd be interested in seeing if there are any grass-types that desire to speak up and softclaim. There can only be so many grass-types in the game, especially considering celebi is probably taking up its own grass slot on the mafia side. But on the other hand, they'd be opening themselves up to attacks from ho-oh and lugia, as I said. Hmm...

on one hand, I'd be interested in seeing if there are any grass-types that desire to speak up and softclaim. There can only be so many grass-types in the game, especially considering celebi is probably taking up its own grass slot on the mafia side. But on the other hand, they'd be opening themselves up to attacks from ho-oh and lugia, as I said. Hmm...

Here. They ask for softclaims, then say it's dangerous. It gives the impression that they are sitting on the fence.

Feelings are not logical.
Logic games require logic.
Mafia is a game of logic.
Your feelings have no place here! Please present a case that isn't feelings and contains actual logic.

Let's look at Rain's post, where they voted for me...

I seem "fairly certain" I know who's in the mafia? How? All I did is state the fact that ho-oh and lugia are obviously mafia, and propose the likely options for the third mafioso. Which is, you know, useful, considering the type of the third pokemon matters as far as attacking/being attacked by it goes.

I can at the very least follow your logic behind your claim that I tried to bait out a grass-type into softclaiming, but this just comes across as a blatant fabrication designed to incriminate me. I don't like it.

Vote: Elemantar

some of zexy's latest posts make me a bit less wary of him, I'm eyeing you more now.

The first bolded and underlined phrase shows that even the person voting for me sees logic. And it looks like others liked my logic before where they followed up by asking Rain to elaborate.

And the second bolded and underlined shows that they don't like something, which is based off feelings. You are pointing out that I have no logic to defend Rain, yet they've said I have logic, and they've used the same feelings. And if you don't like my case, may you please create a suitable alternative?

Thank you both for showing me the post! That helps.

Anyhow, this is pure conjecture, but if Celebi is mafia then that would make Lugia and Ho-oh mafia as well? Then I guess I was wrong about Entei, Suicune, and Raikou.

@Rainsquid do you have full confidence that I am mafia? If you do, by all means leave it on. If not, may you please remove it? Voting is more dangerous in this game, and should only occur if someone is certain. I suggest the same to everyone else who's voted.

Vote Count:
Zexy: 1 (AussieEevee)
Elementar: 1 (Rainsquid)

Little under 5 and a half hours left.

Everyone who is voted takes damage equal to their votes on them.

@Rainsquid, do you think your vote could be seen as OMGUS?
just because I voted for you doesn't mean it's suddenly OMGUS....I explained why your reasoning against me makes me suspicious of you.

no, I'm not convinced you're mafia, but I think it's likely. I'm keeping my vote on you.
@Calvin ッ what happens in a vote tie? The rules don't mention it.
as far as lynching goes, kills only happen when hp strikes zero. That was how it worked in the first mafia, which I read a lot of

mafia probably gets both nightkills and night attacks, though

just because I voted for you doesn't mean it's suddenly OMGUS....I explained why your reasoning against me makes me suspicious of you.

no, I'm not convinced you're mafia, but I think it's likely. I'm keeping my vote on you

So because I said that you may be misleading players into Pokemon that may not be mafia (which is quite a small reason), you're voting me and think I'm likely mafia? That reasoning is far more weak than mine, and I'm not even voting you... And it is OMGUS if you vote for someone because they accuse you, which is what this looks like.

Yeah having suspicion thrown at you shouldn't really result in a retaliation vote. If anything I think AussieEevee is more suspicious right now. If Zexy really is Sunkern then they have crap HP. It could be a case where they have LESS than 15hp.

Honestly because of their vote. Zexy answered their questions which was AE's demand. This isn't a simple case where the votes will be tied and nothing happens.

Plus Zexy atleast tried to move the game forward with a claim whereas AE is stiffling town progression without much cause.

no, I'm not convinced you're mafia, but I think it's likely. I'm keeping my vote on you.
Rainsquid, I feel like your reasoning isn't good enough to keep your vote on Elementar. By keeping your vote on you're doing more damage than good. You think that is is likely that he's mafia, but you're not fully convinced, it just isn't enough logic. It does seem like OMGUS since you're lashing out and voting against the first person that puts suspicion on you. I know I'm basically repeating what others have said but that's because I really feel you should take your vote off.

Honestly because of their vote. Zexy answered their questions which was AE's demand. This isn't a simple case where the votes will be tied and nothing happens.
Zexy made an early game soft claim, which I always find suspicious. Plus zexy used WIFOM.
Plus Zexy atleast tried to move the game forward with a claim whereas AE is stiffling town progression without much cause.
Yeah? That's not indication of alignment in either case. Zexy is a strong player that is able to manipulate the game to his advantage, and I'm an okay player that relies more on powers for my reads. If Zexy hadn't done these two things I find suspicious, I'd probably be dormant until day 2.

But as I said,

Zexy soft claimed...It's like he's saying "Hey, look at me... I'm a grass type, and can't possibly be scum."... If this game is anything like the original, then the scum team will be two or three pokemon from the legendaries obtainable in the game. That is Fire, Water, Electric, Fire/Flying, or Psychic/Flying. If Zexy really is grass type, then he can't possibly be scum, can he?

Zexy also used wine in front of me... He claims he was answering meta with meta. Whatever. To me, it felt like he was leading us by the nose into thinking he was acting like his town self, especially for those of us that haven't played with him before or in a while.

You might not agree with me on these reasons, but they ARE reasons for my vote... and I don't see how I am "stiffling town" since I do have a reason for my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom