• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

7th day spin gave me my 2nd Up-Grade but today I caught a 93% Chikorita. Hope I get a 90%+ Cyndaquil before i hit 125 candy.

Level: 25
Pokedex: 143 -> 144
New species: Magcargo

Got back into GO after several days, couldn't do so earlier as I would be busy, sick or have problems with my phone :(
Anyway, I didn't manage to do much in the Eggstravaganza because of that either, but now I'll try to play more.

Found the last Slugma needed for evolution today, it took me 2 Razz Berries + Ultra Balls though because they're hard to catch. I remember the first time I saw one and how hard it was to catch I posted about how I was afraid Magcargo would take forever... at least they are very common here, so I was thankfully proven wrong.

Hatched a Pineco, Larvitar, and Dratini. Larvitar gave me enuf for Tyranitar. Now at 126 caught/127 seen. Have the Up-Grade and candy for a Porygon 2 but hoping for a better Porygon. Only 5k of walking left til I got the candy for Quilava and Typhlosion.

I haven't found too many noteworthy Pokemon lately. I caught a few Yanma the other day. That was pretty neat. I also finally found another Cyndaquil earlier this week and I even caught another Horsea earlier this morning. I'm pretty disappointed that the Grass Pokemon event is only for the weekend, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to find some Grass types that I really need. Even just enough Oddish to get a Bellossom would be nice, although I'd also hope for some more Chikorita and Hoppip too.

I almost forgot to mention that I got to level twenty nine and as part of the leveling up bonus, I got fifteen Pinab berries. That brings the total to twenty eight. That's pretty great timing for the Grass Pokemon event. I'll still try to use them sparingly so I don't run out of them, but I'm glad that they're included as part of the leveling up bonus now.

Pokedex: 144 -> 145
New species: Gligar

Couldn't play as much as I'd like to during the Grass Event because it was announced too late and I had different plans for the weekend. Although when I did manage to play a bit I still didn't encounter any Grass-types other than Paras/Parasect :( At least I caught a lone Gligar.

I haven't had too much success with the Grass type event. I have found a couple of Chikorita and Hoppip near my home, but not nearly as much as I would have expected. I almost never see any Grass Pokemon in my local park, but I thought that they'd show up much more during this weekend. I'm still really disappointed that I only found one Oddish thus far. I was so sure that it would be more common during this event, but it seems like Sukern and Bellsprout are the most common Grass types in my area at least.

Fortunately, today was a better turnout. I found three Horsea and I caught another one last night to bring the total to four. I find it really weird and ironic that I'm having way better luck finding Horsea during the Grass event than I ever did during the Water event. I also caught a few more Chikorita, Hoppip, some Murkrow and a couple of Magikarp. I currently have sixty Chikorita candies and thirty-three Hoppip candies. It isn't enough to fully evolve them, but it's at least some progress, especially for Chikorita. I'm not sure if the event will still be on when I walk later tonight, but maybe I'll be able get a couple of more catches in there.

The event has been really disappointing for me, easily the worst Pokemon Go event thus far for its limited time alone, but my catches for this morning helped to make me feel a bit better about it, especially with all of the Horsea I've been able to find.

I had a little success with the grass event. I have about 50 Chikorita candy and I caught a Bayleef in the wild. I have about 80 Hoppip candy and I already have a Skiploom. Also caught enough Sunkern for a Sunflora (just need the Sun Stone). I'm at 199 caught and 213 seen.

I'm predicting a big event in a couple of months with the one year anniversary of the game coming out, so I'm stocking up on good balls, coins and Pinap berries. I'm also not using any of the incubators I got from leveling up to 30.

Hatched a Chansey at some point. Hatched another Abra today so I finally got to evolve it all the way through to an Alakazam. Finally able to switch buddies~ New buddy is Growlithe cause I just need ONE MORE candy to evo it. Caught a bunch of Voltorb at the doctor's office. Just realised that the one Smoochum I hatched was enough to evo it so I have Jynx now too. 178 caught, 186 seen.

Caught a Chansey last nite. Only the 2nd wild one I have seen and the first was in the same spot about 9 months ago.

Pokedex: 145 -> 156
New Species: Azumarill, Misdreavus, Mareep, Qwilfish, Dunsparce, Cloyster, Ledian, Slowbro, Croconaw, Ariados, Umbreon
New Medals: 200 Water Pokemon, 2000 Pokemon
Items used: 1 Incense

Great session today. Thing is I got a new phone with a much longer battery life than my old one, and I went to the best seaside place for Pokemon GO in the city, that has tons of Water Pokemon (that's how I've got things like Kingler and Tentacruel, I wouldn't stand a chance otherwise) and often some nest (this time it was Magnemite, another time it was Exeggcute, I miss that as that's how I barely missed getting Exeggutor back then) + the occasional rare standalone Pokemon! It was a perfect occasion, wanted to test how long the phone can last, felt like exercising/strolling by the sea and in the nearby park, had nothing better to do on Saturday morning.

TL;DR I caught much much more Water Pokemon in a few hours than the entire Water event combined.
For reference, I got the gold medal for Water (my 5th after Normal, Flying, Poison and Ground) early on in the session and now I have 256 caught wow a power of two, just how more perfect can this day get?. And this doesn't count the tons of Magnemite I got to be ready for a Wonder Magnezone when Gen IV hits.

Let's take things in order though. First new species is Azumarill as I already had a few Marill from the Water event, being a 25-Candy I didn't need much more. By now I already have 25 more Candy for an extra evolution reserved for the Lucky Egg binge. I then found a Misdreavus in the tracker so I went and caught it. A bit later the 10km Egg I was walking around hatched into a wonder Mareep :D Then I found a Qwlfish and tracked it down. Then a Dunsparce.

In the meantime I've been getting lots of Water Pokemon, mostly focusing on Horsea as I have Dragon Scale (two actually). Did lots of progress there but not done, I need one more session there for it I guess. Also made lots of considerable progress on pretty much every Water-type I still don't have except Lapras (wasn't lucky with that yet) and Corsola (regional exclusive, not here), Seel is very close too (I was wondering if Cloyster or Dewgong would be my first Ice-type, the former won). Got enough Candy for Cloyster, Slowbro and Croconaw but didn't evolve them immediately (more on this soon). Also used the Incense I got at Level 25 as I was walking around and was sure by that point that the phone's battery could last for far more than 30 minutes.

Anyway I was excited and tracking around all the rare standalones and the battery just wouldn't go down quickly... in the end I actually got exhausted from walking this much, which has never happened before because I could never get such a long session. So I took a break and sat on a bench in the park, since I also had to transfer lots of things and I almost reached the Pokemon amount cap. At that point I figured which Shellder was the Wonder one and evolved it; I am considering whether it would be worth powering it up as it has a Gym niche as a defender with its stat distribution.

In any case, I also transferred a few other things I didn't care much about but didn't get through the Magnemite and the Horsea, and also was still considering what to do with Slowpoke and Totodile; for the former I had enough Candy for Slowbro and no King's Rock for Slowking, so I could go for Slowbro now (which I ended up doing later anyway); but what if I got a lucky Slowbro encounter a bit later and the 50 Candy went to waste? As for Totodile, I had a Wonder one I could evolve to get the new species ASAP (since that's how I like to play the game, care more about filling the dex than minmaxing for Gyms) however there was still a chance I could get an even better one by the time I'd have 125 Candy for the full run to Feraligatr.

Anyway, I let them be for the bit and just took a break to rest a bit, then I saw a Ledyba on the tracker; I knew this was the last one I needed fpr Ledian so despite being a bit tired I went for it. But it was a bit further away and I was too bored/tired to go back to the original place so instead I went somewhere further and took another break before heading back for home. Over there I decided to use the time to actually go through the things I've left be in the previous break (thinking I'd do them at home now). Also decided that I'd rather focus on getting many new species so I went for Slowbro/Croconaw, found the perfect Magnemite and Horsea etc.

Then as I was returning I saw a Spinarak on the tracker and also knew it was the last I needed for Ariados (since Spinarak was my buddy), so I went for it too. And a bit later, also found a random Eevee, again last I needed for the next Eeveelution... yet as I still don't have any good stat ones I wouldn't go for Vaporeon/Espeon and as I already had Jolteon/Flareon I just nicknamed my worst stat one Takao and went for the evolve.

I plan on going there at least once more to finish Kingdra, Dewgong, Lanturn and Octillery. I also have lots of farming for Blastoise/Feraligatr/Poliwrath/Gyarados, I need luck for Lapras and both of the aforementioned for the King's Rock evos :(. But today I got great progress with almost every Water-type in the game, it was much better than the actual Water event.

Last edited:
Caught a 2377 Gyrados today. Been a long time since a Pokemon has come up with ?'s as its CP. Probably going to transfer it tho as its appraisal wasn't that good.

Also randomly got my 9th Kings Rock :rolleyes:

Pokedex: 156 -> 159
New Species: Dewgong, Phanpy, Pichu

I went to a place that apparently regularly has nests by chance... and by even more coincidence it had Seel. So there I have it, Dewgong.
The rest of the cool things I did today involved Eggs; 5km Phanpy, 2km Pichu and 10km Wonder Dratini! :D

Pokedex: 159 -> 173
New species: Cyndaquil, Stantler, Octillery, Smoochum, Yanma, Swinub, Bayleef, Lickitung, Teddiursa, Skarmory, Poliwrath, Quagsire, Lanturn, Exeggutor

Wow I didn't realize I got that many new species as I was playing through this session :D

First listed are the things I caught. Cyndaquil (several actually, I'm close to Quilava), a lone Stantler, a lucky Octillery (I was starting to complain about not seeing any Remoraid today then this happened), Smoochum hatched from a 5km Egg, Yanma, Swinub (several), a single Bayleef (I still don't have Chikorita; although now each Johto starter is represented a little), Lickitung and Teddiursa (I actually found these three at the same Pokestop and caught them in sucession! :D got a few more Teddiursa later), a single Skarmory. Got enough Candy to evolve Poliwhirl (still no King's Rock) and even made nice progress on Politoed for whenever the time comes. Also got barely enough for Quagsire and Lanturn, while getting the last few Candy needed for Exeggutor from Buddy.

I went to the place with the several Water-types again but as you can see apparently it has much more. It still had many Magnemite but ignoring them for a change was nice :p The only thing I didn't like from today's session is how I didn't get a single Horsea :( I don't get it, last time there were TONS of them, this time nothing.

I should go again to finish off Totodile and even Magikarp as I'm doing well with those. Squirtle are a bit rare, though.

Also got 2 Dratini and enough Candy for Dragonair but I'll wait until I can get straight to Dragonite.

Back
Top Bottom