• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Legends Z-A Pokemon Legends Z-A General Speculation & Discussion

I have a hard time imagining this game won't have all the Pokemon species introduced in Gen 6 and all of the Pokemon that got Mega Evolutions (with the possible exception of Rayquaza).

I have a hard time imagining this game won't have all the Pokemon species introduced in Gen 6 and all of the Pokemon that got Mega Evolutions (with the possible exception of Rayquaza).
Why would Rayquaza be the exception? Isn't there coding in the SV games that indicates that the weather trio's abilities which they have during Primal Reversion were included in the game?

Mewtwo would be a more feasible exception if this game were to take place in the past but Z-A is confirmed to expand on Mega Evolution lore even further and considering that, I feel removing Mewtwo for it being in the past is unnecessary.

Last bit we explicitly got of Mega Evolution lore in the game was during the Delta Episode, where it was said that Mega Evolution energy (infinity energy, Pokémon life energy) can create distortions to alternate universes, allowing them to be observed, and during the Delta Episode, Mossdeep Space Center scientists tried to use infinity energy to create a wormhole so they could warp a world-destroying meteor to an alternate dimension.

Their idea was to use a device called the Dimensional Shifter in order to do so. Both the scientists and Zinnia knew transporting meteors to alternate dimensions through wormhole creation with infinity energy was possible, holding up the credibility of this idea.

This means the people in Legends Z-A could try to use some sort of technology which'll cause wormholes to appear and transport various Pokemon across different time-space continuums to show up, just like the space-time rifts of Legends Arceus.

Infinity Energy is Pokemon bioenergy/Pokemon life energy. It is sourced from Xerneas, distributed across, taken by Yveltal, and converted into Yveltal's own energy that it also distributes. All living beings contain their energy as they are all living things and they're able to channel this energy in different ways

However, one thing greatly overlooked about infinity energy, is how the lore behind it seems to heavily tie into Generation 7's own Pokemon lore.

We not only witnessed scientists try to use mega evolution energy to create wormholes leading to alternate dimensions and got confirmation of this same energy allowing for the observance to other universes, we saw Looker, suffering from amnesia, after he suddenly fell from the sky out of seemingly nowhere...

only for the very next game to be all about wormholes leading to alternate dimensions, have Looker involved in the postgame, and him working with someone who fell out of the sky out of nowhere, from a wormhole, suffering from amnesia...

Regarding the region for this game...

"According to Shigeru Ohmori, the name "Alola" is meant to incorporate a meaning of a land that overflows with life force and supports various forms of life.[1] Specifically, the name may come from ola (Hawaiian for life) and the traditional Hawaiian word aloha, which, beyond its use as a greeting, also signifies a respect and love for the shared life force between all. "

This is incredibly huge coming after the generation all about life force and the effects it has on the Pokemon multiverse. Alola overflows with the same energy responsible for Mega Evolution, and it is shared among all in the series.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon strongly hint out that the reason Alola is overflown with life force has to do with Necrozma losing a huge chunk of its own energy following a terrible incident, as Necrozma is at risk of death if it doesn't absorb this energy back. The game's context also proves Necrozma is not capable of creating the energy in which it lost, the energy responsible for Totems and Z-Power being distributed across Alola.

There's several other similarities between Z-Power and Mega Evolution energy
  • They are both capable of creating wormholes to alternate dimensions/alternate universes, including ones where other main series games take place in.
  • They both come from Pokemon proven to be capable of making people or Pokemon physically giant upon overexposure to the energy (Mega Evolution Energy was responsible for AZ's large stature and while New Pokemon Snap fails to make this explicit, the "Illumina Pokemon" from that game were also made in the same way (by a different cause). Dynamax isn't the same way because with that mechanic, space is being manipulated to make Pokemon appear giant rather than actually make them giant. It's sorta like an anime character using using "ki" to create a giant avatar of themselves.
  • They both require a strong connection between a trainer and their Pokemon in order to be utilized effectively, indicating a shared life force is necessary
  • They are both channeled through light. Alola puts much more emphasis on Z-Power being utilized through light, but Gen 6 expresses the same for Mega Evolution Energy via Zinnia's description of Rayquaza's transformation in the Delta Episode dialogue, AZ's dialogue explaining the weapon in his backstory, Eternal Floette's move being "Light of Ruin", Xerneas's ability to transform into a ball of light in New Pokemon Snap, and Xerneas distributing life energy in the form of light in the movies.
  • Sina vaguely suggests there's a direct connection between the two here: "You know, when you think about it, the Z-Power Ring helps the feelings of a Trainer reach their Pokémon so it can use its Z-Move, right? It only follows that it should be able to achieve Mega Evolution, too!" Technically, you can use any accessory with the key stone in order to achieve Mega Evolution, but I find it not unlikely of Gamefreak jabbing in this dialogue to indicate a possible connection.

In English: Tapus and Silvally are missing from SV, the Ultra Beasts are missing in SV, the Kalos trio are missing from SV. These are the only special Pokemon missing from SV. I think it's extremely plausible for them all to fit into Z-A in some way considering the sheer connections Mega Evolution lore has with the concept of Z-Power for Z-Moves shared across all of Alola, and this will help explain Mewtwo being able to show up in Legends Z-A after all.

I've noticed a couple of signs connecting this same energy to Terastallzation as well but as I've thought about it throughout the months I realized they aren't as connected and some of the similarities between Terastallzation and Z-Power/Mega Evolution may be a stretch to make. We'll see about this in the next game however.

Why would Rayquaza be the exception? Isn't there coding in the SV games that indicates that the weather trio's abilities which they have during Primal Reversion were included in the game?
I said possible exception. Personally I do think Rayquaza (and probably also Groudon and Kyogre) will probably be in PLZ-A, but I can easily see them not doing that, too.

Eh I think all the legendary megas will be left out
So Rayquaza, Mewtwo, the Latis, and primal Groudon and Kyogre.
Gamefreak has left random unused pokemon data in their games before this could be the same case.

Edit: Exception of Diancie Obv

Last edited:
[Too much text to leave in a quote]
I feel like the problem is less getting mewtwo to the past, and more the fact you have to get him BACK to the modern day. (Granted Gamefreak would probably never explain how it happens) Unless theres just... two of the same mewtwo lying around this entire time. Given hes probably immortal.

I feel like the problem is less getting mewtwo to the past, and more the fact you have to get him BACK to the modern day. (Granted Gamefreak would probably never explain how it happens) Unless theres just... two of the same mewtwo lying around this entire time. Given hes probably immortal.
Nah they're just gonna have a random Mewtwo be caught by you, have it stuck in the time period you play Legends Z-A in, and call it a day. No more Mewtwo for that other timeline/time period unless another gets transported there, gets made by Arceus, or gets artificially engineered again. We don't know for sure though. There could have been many Mewtwo in the place Mewtwo could be arriving to Legends Z-A from.

The truth about Pokemon's cosmology is that there's an indefinite amount of every species spreading across the infinite universes in the series. It doesn't matter if the Pokemon is Mewtwo, Palkia, Necrozma, Arceus, etc.

Mewtwo is probably immortal. Mewtwo getting back to modern day requires no explanation other than the passage of time.

Come to think of it, how did Mewtwo end up in the Pokemon Village to begin with?...

I've seen a lot of people speculate that PLZ-A might have a lot of Alola stuff due to the lack of the Tapus and UBs in Scarlet and Violet. But why should the roster of SV have any say in what Pokemon may or may not be in PLZ-A? I'm just not seeing the connection here.

I've seen a lot of people speculate that PLZ-A might have a lot of Alola stuff due to the lack of the Tapus and UBs in Scarlet and Violet. But why should the roster of SV have any say in what Pokemon may or may not be in PLZ-A? I'm just not seeing the connection here.
Ever since Generation 6, Gamefreak has had the tendency to make every single existing legendary usable by the end of each respective Generation. This was done with XY + ORAS in Gen 6, US + UM in Gen 7, and SwSh + PLA in Gen 8. Generation 9 so far has nearly every existing legendary usable in their main series games, with only a few missing and all from very specific groups. Assuming Legends Z-A is the last Pokemon game of Generation 9, and Gamefreak keeps this pattern, it's a guarantee for Tapus and Silvally line to appear in Legends Z-A as they are the only other legendary Pokemon unusable in SV aside from the Gen 6 legendary trio.

Ultra Beasts are less predictable in this case but the thing about them is

Tapus are associated with fighting Ultra Beasts. They do it to protect the land and its nature around them in the Pokemon games.
Silvally line are associated with fighting Ultra Beasts. They were built to exterminate UBs and were known as "Beast Killers" according to series lore about them.
Zygarde is associated with fighting Ultra Beasts. It's the reason Zygarde's in the Alola region as hinted out by Dexio and Sina in the games, referenced in the TCG, shown in the manga, and by all means, the role Ultra Beasts have in the series directly interfering with Zygarde's role as a legendary Pokemon more than anything else.

The only legendary Pokemon who aren't usable in SV are all directly associated with antagonizing Ultra Beasts as a whole, or the two current box arts of X and Y, who are directly tied to Zygarde and ecosystem balance. Not even Solgaleo, Lunala, nor Necrozma actually antagonist Ultra Beasts like Tapus, Silvally, Zygarde do.

Ultra Beasts are also associated with wormholes, which we know Mega Evolution energy can create, and these Pokemon can appear anywhere in any region realistically.

With all this factored up, it's not as much of just a sheer coincidence that Ultra Beasts are missing from SV.

For legendaries, it would make so much more sense for several if not even most random groups of them to be left out if Gamefreak wanted to break this trend, but instead it's just a really small handful of specific legendaries who are all connected to each other in some way.

Last edited:
I think that the only non-Gen 6 Legendaries that will be in this game are Mewtwo, the Latis, and the Weather Trio as I believe that every single Pokémon that has a Mega Evolution or Primal Reversion will be in this game.

I mean... thats not that hard to imagine anyways.
All the XY Mega's will be in the game, since they can be found in there normally, the only oddities being Blaziken, Latias and Latios. Blaziken could be obtained via gift transfer, while Latias and Latios's Mega Evolution was in the games code.
Despite getting Mega's in ORAS, the Weedle line, Pidgey line, Sableye, Carvanha line, Swabu line, Ralts line (Gallade), Audino and Diancie were in the game
Numel line, Snorunt line, Beldum line, Bagon line and Buneary line were in the game, but weren't catchable outside the Friend safari.

So aside from Treecko line, Mudkip line, Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre (Who i throw in hear for convienence sake), all of them have been either in the game through natural gameplay or are in the game otherwise (Friend safari and data).

So yeah, all the current Mega's, except for maybe Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are probably in the game.

All the XY Mega's will be in the game, since they can be found in there normally, the only oddities being Blaziken, Latias and Latios. Blaziken could be obtained via gift transfer, while Latias and Latios's Mega Evolution was in the games code.
Despite getting Mega's in ORAS, the Weedle line, Pidgey line, Sableye, Carvanha line, Swabu line, Ralts line (Gallade), Audino and Diancie were in the game
Numel line, Snorunt line, Beldum line, Bagon line and Buneary line were in the game, but weren't catchable outside the Friend safari.

So aside from Treecko line, Mudkip line, Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre (Who i throw in hear for convienence sake), all of them have been either in the game through natural gameplay or are in the game otherwise (Friend safari and data).

So yeah, all the current Mega's, except for maybe Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza are probably in the game.
Bagon is catchable outside of the Friend Safari, specifically on Route 8. I knew about that since I first watched ZackScottGames’s Pokémon X Playthrough (I wouldn’t actually play the game until 2015 by the way).

I think that even Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Mega Rayquaza will be in the game, but those will be reserved for post-game sidequests.

Interestingly enough, off the little we know about Legends Z-A, Salamence is one of two megas fully confirmed to be in Legends Z-A so far. It was revealed by Corocoro a few weeks ago.

medium-53054c158a60ad15974987702a5117e9.jpg

Aside from that nah I remember Bagon can be caught in around Route 8.

Do you think Xerneas and Yveltal will be getting new forms? XYZ, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde so then would the new forms be Zygarde-A, Yveltal-B, and Xerneas-C?

Back
Top Bottom