• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So crazy thought, but we may not be getting a regional bird this time?

They’ve gone out of their way to show us Starly and Fletchling, and I have a feeling Rookidee will be joining them, and we didn’t get an early route bird alongside the others. Granted, no bug either which is consistent with how they handled Blipbug in SwSh.

But what also makes me think this is Pawmi. I’m wondering if it maybe does evolve (making it more like Yamper than a Pikaclone) into something that glides like a flying squirrel or sugarglider.

I know based off previous gens it's unlikely that Pawmi will evolve......but for some reason I immediately got the feeling that it could have an evolution.

Maybe it's because Pawmi feels less cute than previous Pikaclones. (not saying Pawmi isn't cute it just seems less obviously cute to me, like it's eyes and mouth are smaller....like it looks a lot less "look at me I'm cute!!" to me)

Yes :) :) i feel like it could evolve into the Gen 9 equivalent of Gorochu??

We finally have a new Grass/Normal time in Smoliv?! Niice!

Koraidon honestly looks neat. Miraidon feels like a cross between a Digimon and a Sonic the Hedgehog character to me. Makes me think of Metal Sonic + Metalseadramon.

Predictions for typing of the Legendary duo:
Koraidon - Fire or Fighting / Dragon
Miraidon - Flying or Dark / Steel or Electric

Does anyone else feel like these games could have a theme of Past vs Future moreso than Tradition vs Innovation? I wonder if time travel could play some kind of role....

Seeing the professors and their clothing styles has given me the impression that the theming could go beyond just idealogical differences like Tradition vs Innovation.

What if Sado and Turo are actually travellers from the past/future?

Does anyone else feel like these games could have a theme of Past vs Future moreso than Tradition vs Innovation? I wonder if time travel could play some kind of role....

Seeing the professors and their clothing styles has given me the impression that the theming could go beyond just idealogical differences like Tradition vs Innovation.
I was thinking so too! Plus Koraido and Miraido literally mean "Ancient" (Korai) and "Future" (Mirai), and they both fit that theme for sure.

Pretty curious about those 4 symbols on the corner of the SV's logo. Though I've got no idea what that could mean. :unsure:

logo.png

I was thinking so too! Plus Koraido and Miraido literally mean "Ancient" (Korai) and "Future" (Mirai), and they both fit that theme for sure.

I was also thinking this could be a good opportunity to have something similar to Space Time Distortions in Legends Arceus but go even further with it.

Like sometimes an entire area shifts to the past or future. (and maybe it could have multiple time periods it could shift through, like Prehistoric, Medieval, Near Future, Far Future)

It could change the Pokemon available in an area, maybe some Pokemon would only evolve in the past/future as well. Certain items are only found in a certain time period. Maybe different quests would be available in different time periods too.

I was also thinking this could be a good opportunity to have something similar to Space Time Distortions in Legends Arceus but go even further with it.

Like sometimes an entire area shifts to the past or future. (and maybe it could have multiple time periods it could shift through, like Prehistoric, Medieval, Near Future, Far Future)
Maybe Legends links somehow to this game? But how that would work I don't know.....

I don’t know Spanish but saw someone said professor name was basically “paSADA” and “fuTURO”.

I’m gonna assumed futuro mean future and pasada is something related to past right?

Do we know if those landmarks are gyms (or I guess, gym-equivalents)? I’m curious to learn more about how the game is structured. It’s open-world, you can challenge things in any order you want, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s open-sandbox. I’d imagine the story changes based on the order you do things and the decisions you make in-game.
at least one of them looked like a gym, the first one. i'm kinda unsure about the other two. based off of what they showed of them, i'm not fully convinced they're gyms.

Meaning that while we can go wherever we want, some areas will be locked off until we progress the story, right?

No, they're implying the opposite, that nothing is locked by the story. You want to go completely to the other side of the region? You can. Want to go to the snowy area and catch some ice types? Go ahead. Want to go find the game's pseudo-legend from the start? Go nuts. They're trying to say that this game is going to offer an unprecedented level of freedom beyond anything we've ever seen from this series.

Dang, they really want to knock us over the head with the "past" vs "future" thing, don't they?

I feel like the future theming for Violet is really cohesive but the past theming for Scarlet feels more awkward. The art nouveau font for Scarlet doesn't really match up with the professor dressed like a cavewoman. It feels a bit like they're just going to take anything that was more than 100 years ago and smush it together.

On another note, looking at this image: https://images.nintendolife.com/2001a4a7c5cd6/what.900x.jpg

It seems obvious than two of those shops (the blue and red counters) are the pokecenter and pokemart but I wonder what the green counter is. The shape kind of looks like either a lightbulb or a t-shirt. Being able to buy clothes there seems more plausible, maybe that green block is actually a booth to change your clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom