• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Predictions/Speculation/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the gym story is linear. Maybe it's just the other two stories that aren't.

Like you have to fight the gyms in order, but you can do everything else out of order.

With the sparse positioning of the towns and the amount of them and the sheer amount of landscapes we're seeing, I really, really hope that the region will actually be fun to explore with things to do and find in this vast open space. I'm hopeful that the treasure hunt quest will provide a good feel of exploration but. . I'm still worried

The whole Legendary turning into a Duel Runner Motorbike is true! Now I can go about playing the game while citing every known cheesy Yu-gi-oh 5Ds quote imaginable. :giggle:

The Map is interesting to see as well.

Obviously, we start bottom middle (Which is interesting in itself, since it seems to be the smallest area, only containing your house and the Pokemon lab. But in between there and the major hub city, there seems to be another smaller town (Which is most likely where you encounter Nemona first.

So far, i haven't spotted the league building yet, so that might be set in the academy itself and the teachers are the Elite 4.

And unlike with the Galar map, there doesn't seem to be a lot of space to have a DLC area (I doubt its in the middle of the map, in that big crater, since that doesn't seem a lot of fun. The only possibility i see is going southern france.

If the gyms don't scale, I hope they set it up so that the levels are equal on both sides, because from the center town you can go either left or right. So have it so that like, the first gym on the left is the same level as the first gym on the right.

Southern france = Southern Kalos. Maybe a DLC will take place in the past or future of the region depending on your version.

The wheels felt totally out of place in koraidon. It doesnt use the wheels while running, so, there is no point in putting them out. It was supposed to be the organic creature to contrast the mechanic miraidon, but the wheels ruined everything.

Also from the website
At Naranja Academy and Uva Academy, you can meet new people, new Pokémon—and a new you
In the center of Paldea sits the largest city in the region, Mesagoza. It is here that you’ll find a school boasting a history that few other schools do, where people from all sorts of regions come to hone their skills against each other, be it through academics or Pokémon battles.
Age is not an issue in enrollment here, so a wide range of age groups—from children to adults—take the same classes, which mostly relate to Pokémon.

Gamefreak missed a huge opportunity here to let us start as an adult or at least let you choose if you want to play as a child, teen or adult.

I do find it interesting that they said that but I don't think we have seen any Adult students. There's ones around the protagonists age, older teens, and younger kids. But I don't recall seeing any adults.

Also from the website
At Naranja Academy and Uva Academy, you can meet new people, new Pokémon—and a new you
In the center of Paldea sits the largest city in the region, Mesagoza. It is here that you’ll find a school boasting a history that few other schools do, where people from all sorts of regions come to hone their skills against each other, be it through academics or Pokémon battles.
Age is not an issue in enrollment here, so a wide range of age groups—from children to adults—take the same classes, which mostly relate to Pokémon.

Gamefreak missed a huge opportunity here to let us start as an adult or at least let you choose if you want to play as a child, teen or adult.
that would have been interesting!

Something just occurred to me, could the hats on Terastal forms be influenced by fruit hats like those worn by Carmen Miranda?

e120bdd19abb5f5e51ffca8ff7e1b94f.jpg

Now I can't really find any evidence that this is popular in Spain and she was more popular in Brazil, but she was born in Portugal and I can't help but look at the hats and think they take some kind of inspiration here. Especially for the Grass type Tera forms.

Something just occurred to me, could the hats on Terastal forms be influenced by fruit hats like those worn by Carmen Miranda?

e120bdd19abb5f5e51ffca8ff7e1b94f.jpg

Now I can't really find any evidence that this is popular in Spain and she was more popular in Brazil, but she was born in Portugal and I can't help but look at the hats and think they take some kind of inspiration here. Especially for the Grass type Tera forms.

I doubt it, since the Flying type terra forms get balloons.

So its probably only for Grass types and possibly for Poison and Bug types (But i think Poison and Bug get also something else, else it gets confusing).

I missed the initial direct due to not being home at the time so I'm playing catch up.

I love the Ice whale. I may have found my new favorite Ice Mon. And having Thick Fat and Slush Rush for abilities are pretty good. Hopefully that means it won't be a total defensive slowpoke that needs Slush Rush to be useful a la Avalugg. Especially since I'm not a big weather setter guy.

I have to say Fidough's name just makes me laugh. Right up there with Lechonk. They're nailing the names this gen. And I wouldn't be surprised if Fidough evolved into Doughberman or something along those lines. Part of me wants to be surprised that it's a Fairy Mon but then I remember Slurpuff and Alcreamie were pastry-based Fairy Mons so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Meh, I'm not too interested in the "gimmick" of this gen, though it's better than Gigantamax, as all the Mons in the region can have it, not just select few. At least they made the Raid Battles more interesting that you don't have to wait for everyone to make their moves. Hopefully if we get stuck with some AI trainers they won't suck to the high heavens like the ones in Galar as GF's "method" to "encourage" online play.

Is it just me or do a sizable number of Regional Variants tend to have the Poison type? This new Wooper seems to be continuing that trend. Just something I've noticed, though I could be wrong.

I have mixed feelings about being able to ride the legendaries like the motorcycle/aircraft hybrid skimmers from Storm Hawks (not bashing Storm Hawks as I loved that show). On the one hand it does show that their designs make sense. On the other they look ridiculous in their "bike" mode. And unless they come into play later in the story it seems strange that we're gonna be "partners" with the boxart legends without much effort. I hope we have to "prove" ourselves to them and not get them handed to us on a silver platter, as that would pretty much reduce their value even more than most legendary Mons are nowadays.

Overall, interesting trailer. I liked a good portion of the stuff and have mixed feelings about others. But I won't deny it looks good so far. I'm still cautiously optimistic about these games (more on the cautiously side) but it does seem that GF is putting their best foot forward this time. Hopefully they don't screw it up at the last nanoclick.

I do like Cetitan's design but I just don't trust an Ice-type that is likely to end up being slow and bulky.

We'll always have Mystery Dungeon headcanon, I suppose.

I like the reference to real-world whale evolution in Cetitan's design, I've always wanted a Pokemon line referencing it. Also a bit curious about Paldean Wooper, since there's no mention of a Paldean Quagsire perhaps there's a chance it'll be evolving into something different? Or I could be mistaken lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom