• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean, I get that the Hawaiian islands are constantly growing and sinking due to changes in volcanic activity, but I'm not sure we should expect whole new islands to pop up. That would require a drastic rework of the game's structure.

Also, I still found it weird how the 3 year difference between BW and BW2 led to the development of 3 whole new cities.

Like The Outrage said, they could already be there, but in this case that could be litteral. it's possible that the new islands were produced simultaneously/together with current Alola islands. If it geologically makes sense is fair, but I don't think Pokemon has ever lingered to much on newly discovered regions/cities/sections. I mean, we played Gen 1 whilst not knowing there was a second region right next door.

But in truth, I wouldn't be the biggest fan of that, I'd rather see them expand on the current Alola Islands.

@Guidznl I don't think that explanation would work for Alola, since we can't even see the islands on the map.

I definitely subscribe to the idea that they could introduce at least one new island in the new game assuming it's a sequel. Maybe it was only recently developed by humans and now it's open for you to travel to. This could even be a good reason to include more new Alola forms (or potentially new Pokémon in general). Depending on how big the game is, they might have to have slightly less content on the previous islands, but I think that would be fine as long as its well balanced.

Logic doesn't work in Pokemon you know
Where was Emerald's Battle Frontier the entire time?
On the same island that existed in RS that had the Battle Tower. Emerald overwrote RS's canon. If we're talking sequels, new islands wouldn't make sense. If we're talking an updated third version, then I'd say new islands would definitely make sense...but we only have 4 Tapus so I don't see how any new island would be that populated without a guardian deity.

One thing about games after the first pair of a gen is that they tend to have more content and post game. So the next games should have more than SM has.

An entire new island popping up would be a bit odd, considering it takes a lot of time for an island to form from volcanic activity in the real world, though new cities popping up might be nice. I mean there's a whole load of space for that in Poni Island. You could even add a new city to Ula'Ula Island, as well as clean up Po Town for Stars.

An entire new island popping up would be a bit odd, considering it takes a lot of time for an island to form from volcanic activity in the real world, though new cities popping up might be nice. I mean there's a whole load of space for that in Poni Island. You could even add a new city to Ula'Ula Island, as well as clean up Po Town for Stars.

Nah, the islands all look jam-packed. There's really nowhere else to put new areas without introducing new islands.

And as for the idea of introducing new islands, the 4 Island system is pretty ingrained into Alola's culture. Each island has its own guardian, so new islands would require new guardians, i.e. new Pokemon. So I see near zero potential for new areas in this region, for the most part the only thing they could really do is make changes to existing areas, such as cleaning up Po Town. I don't think new areas are even on their mind for Alola.

Yeah. That's why I don't see another Alola game happening. We could have a game taking place in another region, like Kanto or Sinnoh (i'm hoping for the latter). Or, we could have nothing and jump straight to 8th gen.

Or Kalos. Looking at SM's unobtainables, there's a ton of Pokemon missing that are in the Kalos Dex, and they never really wrapped up Kalos at all. Hell, why not put Necrozma in Kalos since they seem to have no problem cramming mascots into unrelated regions?

But yeah, literally anything would be better than a generic third version in Alola right now. Seriously, pick any game idea and it would have more potential, both creatively and in several instances, in terms of sales.

I don't think Kalos is on the board in my opinion. There is always pokemon of other gens that are missing in newer games.

I guess Pokémon stars can feature more over world Pokémon and facilities. If you go back to the first teaser for Sun and Moon there was a Pokémon ambulance and what seemed to be a a fire truck with blastoise.

With the National Dex now, starting in January, being in Bank. They don't have to include every single Pokemon each generation.

But I do see some Pokemon being added. There isn't even one single Fire-type Pokemon on Poni! :O

I suppose we are getting a lot more pokemon. National dex will be missed but I think having just the regional dex will make it a bit easier especially when getting shiny charm.

I guess Pokémon stars can feature more over world Pokémon and facilities. If you go back to the first teaser for Sun and Moon there was a Pokémon ambulance and what seemed to be a a fire truck with blastoise.
What the ambulance isn't there in the games? I have finished the story but hasn't found one yet. Can anyone confirm it?
If it isn't there then....POKEMON STARS CONFIRMED! wooo!

So, has anyone wondered how will they incorporate the 12 hour difference between Sun and Moon?

Either we get to choose which one we like, they choose Sun's time or they choose Moon's time. I really want the first one to happen. But they'll probably just use Sun's time.

I prefer no more time difference
I like playing in night time but I want to see the sun every now and then

So, has anyone wondered how will they incorporate the 12 hour difference between Sun and Moon?

Either we get to choose which one we like, they choose Sun's time or they choose Moon's time. I really want the first one to happen. But they'll probably just use Sun's time.

We might get paired versions, since 'Stars' is the development name. We may get Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse as pared versions, and it would be the 'Stars' which we were speculating about.
Remember, Sun and Moon were called by the code name Rainbow (I guess?).

We might get paired versions, since 'Stars' is the development name. We may get Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse as pared versions, and it would be the 'Stars' which we were speculating about.
Remember, Sun and Moon were called by the code name Rainbow (I guess?).
The problem with this is that Eurogamer is comparing Stars to Yellow and Platinum. They also call Stars a "third entry". So only one game.

Technically, none of the sources for Stars are legit. They got their information from patents that have been floating around (not Stars, for the Switch itself), plus one of the sources in favor of Stars, Emily Rogers, got some things wrong (Mother 3 VC release and female Link in new LoZ game). So, there actually is no evidence in favor of Stars.

Back
Top Bottom