• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually it is not a smart business decision if the game is on the Switch. It is robbery in my opinion. Splitting a gen up between two handhelds is just as ridiculous as gen 6.5 rumors in my opinion.
It's not robbery at all, it's simple business. You sell consoles by putting games on them. That's kinda how it works. It was the same for the 3DS, and all systems before it. I'll repeat that point about the Wii U: Part of why the system was such a flop sales wise was how long it took to get going with its software library. By the time it did, most third parties already jumped ship. The other part was how misleading the marketing was for the Wii playerbase (and just bad marketing in general).

Nintendo's goal, first and foremost, is to make money. To make money, you need a player base for your system. To get a player base for your system, you put games you can sell on them.

The hypothetical Pokémon Stars is one of those games.

While this doesn't have much to do with Pokemon. Nintendo has said on Twitter there will be new footage of Breath Of The Wild shown at The Game Awards on Thursday and the rumored released for Breath Of The Wild is June 16th and the same people who started that rumor have said EuroGamer is right about Pokemon. So on Thursday night if Nintendo gives any indication for a summer release of Breath Of The Wild then that it will only be more proof that this rumor is true but if they say it will be a launch title for the switch then it does hurt this rumor.

View: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/803376056107417601

Actually it is not a smart business decision if the game is on the Switch. It is robbery in my opinion. Splitting a gen up between two handhelds is just as ridiculous as gen 6.5 rumors in my opinion.

Actually no, there are no credible sources other than Nintendo and GF. The rest are either fake or got a few right but some wrong also. Even with a different name, I still want it on the 3DS.
How is this robbery? this aint even a Final Fantasy XV situation where it was announced 10 years ago before even the PS3 came out and was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive and yet its coming out tomorrow as a PS4/XBO game (hell i will be getting my hands on the game later tonight and this was one of the games to get to buy a PS4 at launch). I don't even consider that robbery just a broken promise instead and Stars coming to the switch isn't even a broken promise either since Gamefreak has said nothing about their plans post sun and moon.

Oh boy I actually had to make an account for this lol

First off I believe the Star rumors are real? Why because there will most likely not be a 3DS successor or any another handheld device from Nintendo again.
Not when mobile is as big as it is and still growing.
With Switch Nintendo will have all their franchises on 1 device that means Pokemon and it's a good way to start grow an audience.
Stars will also help GF learn the hardware instead of waiting until the inevitable Gen 8.
The 3DS is also not selling as much anymore. I follow the sales numbers and adoption has slowed down, units don't move much unless it's the holiday or when a popular game like Pokemon drops.
The 3DS is also old hardware that is showing its age, technology moves forward and engines evolve but its holding games back because of it's limitations. There is only so much you can do with it right now.
Stars will be on a more modern designed device that can actually keep up and have the game function to their fullest extend.

Switch is Nintendo's future, they will go all out for it. If it fails to take off they have nothing to fall back on not even the 3DS that's already on their way out. Then it's either Pokemon on Mobile or PS/Xbox

Trust me it will sell

One thing I'm upset about involving this rumor is the lack of varied biomes. If this is real, then this would be the third straight game taking place in a tropical paradise. I'm sick and tired of tropical areas right now and I want to go somewhere colder.

Oh boy I actually had to make an account for this lol

First off I believe the Star rumors are real? Why because there will most likely not be a 3DS successor or any another handheld device from Nintendo again.
Not when mobile is as big as it is and still growing.
With Switch Nintendo will have all their franchises on 1 device that means Pokemon and it's a good way to start grow an audience.
Stars will also help GF learn the hardware instead of waiting until the inevitable Gen 8.
The 3DS is also not selling as much anymore. I follow the sales numbers and adoption has slowed down, units don't move much unless it's the holiday or when a popular game like Pokemon drops.
The 3DS is also old hardware that is showing its age, technology moves forward and engines evolve but its holding games back because of it's limitations. There is only so much you can do with it right now.
Stars will be on a more modern designed device that can actually keep up and have the game function to their fullest extend.

Switch is Nintendo's future, they will go all out for it. If it fails to take off they have nothing to fall back on not even the 3DS that's already on their way out. Then it's either Pokemon on Mobile or PS/Xbox

Trust me it will sell
This basically what i in an earlier post (even the whole making an account just for that post) and yeah Nintendo needs Zelda Breath Of The Wild, and 3D Mario, and some kind of mainline Pokemon in the first year of the system and while Nintendo has made plenty of stupid mistakes in the past (other wise the Wii U wouldn't have been a failure) going by the Switch trailer looks they have learned from some of the mistakes of the Wii U they still need to show a killer first year line up and having Pokemon in November 2017 will be the perfect holiday especially this is a industry that has gotten systems sold just because of a remaster. Since well I of all people should know since i bought a 3DS for Ocarina Of Time and a Xbox One for Halo The Master Chief Collection.

One thing I'm upset about involving this rumor is the lack of varied biomes. If this is real, then this would be the third straight game taking place in a tropical paradise. I'm sick and tired of tropical areas right now and I want to go somewhere colder.
Now that I think about I think a region based off of Alaska or Russia would be pretty cool.

Hope Stars is a sequel

And after Alola the island theme can take a break for awhile. Hoenn is my favorite region too but some variety is good as well

But I do hope the next region has some open spaces so that it doesn't feel closed off

Hope Stars is a sequel

And after Alola the island theme can take a break for awhile. Hoenn is my favorite region too but some variety is good as well

But I do hope the next region has some open spaces so that it doesn't feel closed off

Me too. But either way I'm pretty sure GF will add at least a Few things and not just a simple copy and paste with better graphics. Most special editions of older video games have at least one thing different.

It's not robbery at all, it's simple business. You sell consoles by putting games on them. That's kinda how it works. It was the same for the 3DS, and all systems before it. I'll repeat that point about the Wii U: Part of why the system was such a flop sales wise was how long it took to get going with its software library. By the time it did, most third parties already jumped ship. The other part was how misleading the marketing was for the Wii playerbase (and just bad marketing in general).

Nintendo's goal, first and foremost, is to make money. To make money, you need a player base for your system. To get a player base for your system, you put games you can sell on them.

The hypothetical Pokémon Stars is one of those games.
Agree to disagree. I am sticking with my opinion that gen 7 should remain on 3DS.

How is this robbery? this aint even a Final Fantasy XV situation where it was announced 10 years ago before even the PS3 came out and was suppose to be a PS3 exclusive and yet its coming out tomorrow as a PS4/XBO game (hell i will be getting my hands on the game later tonight and this was one of the games to get to buy a PS4 at launch). I don't even consider that robbery just a broken promise instead and Stars coming to the switch isn't even a broken promise either since Gamefreak has said nothing about their plans post sun and moon.
To me it is robbery because not only does it forces dedicated fans to buy the console but it cuts off the game from Sun and Moon. I don't like that at all. We have to agree to disagree on this.

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.
Nintendo and GF don't come to your house and hold a gun to your head.

If you want the game you buy a Switch to play the game or you don't they're are not threatening you

That would be like me whining that the Gen 6 didn't stay on the DS because other people didn't have the money to buy a 3DS

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.
Nintendo and GF don't come to your house and hold a gun to your head.

If you want the game you buy a Switch to play the game or you don't they're are not threatening you

That would be like me whining that the Gen 6 didn't stay on the DS because other people didn't have the money to buy a 3DS
It be easier to put the game on 3DS. Plus there is some negative stuff about Switch which I don't like. And this is different. The whole of gen 6 was on 3DS and not half of it. Splitting gen 7 between 3DS and Switch is a bad move in my opinion. Agree to disagree on this.

Frankly, with the way Game Freak pushed the 3DS to its absolute limits, to the point where people with the original 3DS and 2DS are complaining about how slow and sluggish it is, it's probably better for them to develop Stars for the Switch anyhow. The Switch will undoubtedly be a lot more powerful than the 3DS and will be able to handle its processing.

Switch has less battery power and doesn't play 3DS games. Gen 7 should stay away from it all together in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom