• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon that deserves a mega-evolution

Can I get a link to the interview?

Pokemon devs on Mega Evolutions - criteria, Slowbro over Slowking more - Nintendo Everything

This quote specifically:

Sugimori: For example, there are Pokemon that were rejected as a Mega Evolution candidate because it’s like they couldn’t evolve any further design-wise.

They can always change their mind down the line if one of the artists gets an idea, I suppose. We'll have to see because "rejected" sounds pretty firm and final.

I personally think that every pokemon should eventually get one, I don't see why certain ones are getting Megas and some are not. A lot of these Megas seem to be in some sort of trend; The starters, Evil organization Boss Pokémon, a lot of the high popularity pokemon and also I see some pokemon and there almost counter parts like Houndoom and Manetric, two smallish dogs, Aggron and Tyranitar, two monsters, Gengar and Alakazam, Ghost and Psychic and Heracross with Pinsir, two powerhouse bugs. But then I also look at it that a lot of the popular ones still aren't getting megas like Pikachu's Family and opposites that should be involved that aren't like Zangoose and Seviper.

So I personally feel every Pokémon should be getting a Mega but what groupings they should be put under and released at a time is very much up in the air. I think they need to bring out more pokemon that don't have any evolutions. Id love to see a Mega Skarmory or Lapras and of course the other pokemon that just have no spotlight what so ever like Dunsparce.

So now for my favorites, Id love to see them come out with Megas for:

Flygon
Arcanine (maybe with electric or dark as a second typing)
Dragonite (maybe make it look more fearsome)
All the other Starters (Feraligatr!!!)
Eevee (I mean think about it, we have nearly every type of an Eeveeloution, and Megas are near enough a new type, might aswell make one I feel and give Eevee a chance)
Kingdra
Milotic

that's my piece

Feraligatr needs one along with other starters. Water/Dragon combo for Mega Feraligatr since Charizard and Sceptile have megas with dragon type.

Mega Eevee
Pure Power
HP 55, ATK 105, DEF 50, SPATK 35, SPDEF 50, SPEED 130
It would be a great revenge killer with retaliate. It would just have serious problems with steel types.

I was taking a look at all the pokemon that aren't part of any evolutionary line (yet) and Spiritomb stood out to me. Thus, this Ghost-loving fangirl decided to do some (extremely shallow) research on how this creepy critter preformed competitively.
To quote Smogon: "...however, Spiritomb is now weak to Fairy-types. It also suffers from having a low HP stat and crippling Speed, making it susceptible to Taunt and status. Spiritomb also lacks strong moves, having to rely heavily on Dark-type moves such as Dark Pulse and Sucker Punch to deal significant damage. Other than Nasty Plot and Calm Mind, Spiritomb does not have many useful setup moves to sweep the opponent."
Alongside this qoute, his tier isn't the best, so why not give him some extra options in the form of a mega? I have no idea where his design or stats would go for, but Spiritomb has the potential, it just needs to be brought out properly.

Pendror/Scolipede: It could poison opponents and Venom Shock them out of battle in an instant with high Speed.

Parasect, Girafarig, Corsola, Lumineon, Sunflora... sometimes I even forget they exist, and I think a Mega Evolution would be nice. Specially a Fire/Grass Mega Sunflora.

Mega Eevee
Pure Power
HP 55, ATK 105, DEF 50, SPATK 35, SPDEF 50, SPEED 130
It would be a great revenge killer with retaliate. It would just have serious problems with steel types.

I dont think the eevelutions should get megas, but before all types were made, a mega evolution for just eeve would be cool. It would be practically the normal type eevolution.

I don't know really if it deserves a mega-evolution but I'd really like to see a Blissey one, not because their stats are bad or anything but purely because the Chansey line is one of my favourite lines (Chansey is one of my top three Pokémon...) and I'd love to see what GameFreak would do with the design of Blissey! Maybe it's mega form would be Normal/Fairy, which would work quite nicely with Blissey's general aesthetic.

I'd also love to see a mega Dragonite, design-wise probably a combination of Dragonair and Dragonite's designs; something elegant yet also cutesy, which packs a massive Attack stat, and maybe boosts to Sp.Defence/Defence or Speed.

Still waiting for Mega Dunsparce (Normal/Dragon) and Mega Shuckle (Steel/Bug)... :D

No seriously though, a nice Mega Nidoking/Nidoqueen would be awesome x_x

Also, perhaps Mega eeveelutions, I d pay good money to see Mega Sylveon take on Mega-evolved dragon types

Edit:

Parasect, Girafarig, Corsola, Lumineon, Sunflora... sometimes I even forget they exist, and I think a Mega Evolution would be nice. Specially a Fire/Grass Mega Sunflora.

I would actually not mind a mega evolution of a grass type gaining a secondary Fire-type, that would be pretty cool, neutralising ice, bug and fire for the grass-type and neutralising ground and water for the fire-type. Leaving it weak only to Rock, Poison and Flying and resistances to grass, electric, steel and fairy.... I like that idea :D plus sunny day + STAB solar beam & STAB fire blast is pretty awesome (then a nice rock or ice type move for coverage would be nice, since this combination is only resisted by Dragon, Fire, Flying and Poison). Nice..

Last edited:
Arceus. It's God. It needs a mega simply so it can have the highest BST again. Perhaps his ability will make him every type at once.

Arceus. It's God. It needs a mega simply so it can have the highest BST again. Perhaps his ability will make him every type at once.

That would be Chaos ! Base stats of 840 (140 everywhere), and we d finally get to see his "thousand arms" that we hear so much about in the pokédex. And come on man, every type at once? How about an ability that makes him receive neutral damage from all types, no resistances, no immunities, no weaknesses. Also, would have to receive STAB from all damage-dealing moves...

This would be so unplayable ! Not sure even Mega Rayquaza could stand in the way of this O_O

All hail the almighty Arceus..

Honestly, almost all Gen 1 Pokemon should get megas, since they are outdated. But from those, I would be happy with just Rapidash (give it wings, so easy), Lapras, Sandslash and Cloyster.
From the other Gens, I'd like to see one for Magnezone, Unown (yeah, you read it right... give it some usage), Flygon (Gamefreak already said it was planned, but didn't have a good design for it), a Mega X for all starters (not just for Charizard) and Zebstrika (ok, this one is not something I really want, but if Rapidash eventually gets one, Zebstrika should get it aswell for being its counterpart).

These are the ones I remember right now, but there are many others. Also, there are a lot of fan art for possible Mega evolutions. If lack of creativity is the only thing that is preventing Gamefreak to launch some Megas... just Google'em...

All of the Unova starters.

And of course Dunsparce.

Honestly, almost all Gen 1 Pokemon should get megas, since they are outdated. But from those, I would be happy with just Rapidash (give it wings, so easy), Lapras, Sandslash and Cloyster.
From the other Gens, I'd like to see one for Magnezone, Unown (yeah, you read it right... give it some usage), Flygon (Gamefreak already said it was planned, but didn't have a good design for it), a Mega X for all starters (not just for Charizard) and Zebstrika (ok, this one is not something I really want, but if Rapidash eventually gets one, Zebstrika should get it aswell for being its counterpart).

These are the ones I remember right now, but there are many others. Also, there are a lot of fan art for possible Mega evolutions. If lack of creativity is the only thing that is preventing Gamefreak to launch some Megas... just Google'em...

Rapidash should get a Fire/Flying pegasus Mega. I feel pretty strongly about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of all the Megas I want happen, I'd really love Mega Sawsbuck. Just imagine: The 4 four seasonal forms could have different designs, and even differing Base Stats, typing and Abilities! So many possibillities... Maybe the abilities could be the weather ones (Drought etc.), or maybe the move type-changing ones (Refrigerate, Etc.). How you'd distribute the specs and such to the Sawsbuck forms could be quite fun to speculate! ^_^

Now, Mega Vivillon... Maybe a little overboard to differ the stats, but the design pattern changes might be interesting, too.

Sceptile, Swampert, Blaziken, Venusaur, Blastoise deserve a second mega-evolution like Charizard did.
Imagine Swampert water/poison (3 moves, solves grass problem), Venusaur grass/ghost(1ghost move, but could learn more by first evo),
Blastoise water/steel(learns a lot of steel moves), Sceptile grass/fighting(learns a lot of fighting), Blaziken fire/ghost or fire/dark, ghost seems cooler and better against fighting and normal but dark is good against psychic(flying as a secondary would be too much).

But a fire /ghost could possibly get a new ability that would reduce fairy/psychic/dark/ghost/dragon damage by half, making it resist it.(or something else and better)

Last edited:
Corsola and Girafarig.
They are cute, but they don't do a thing. They didn't even get an evolution during Gen 4. Poor souls.

The newly announced, useless Dragonite event just reminded me that our loveable cutesy dragon still doesn't have a Mega.

Wait for Lance to use it when we return to Kanto ;)

Mega Machamp, Jynx and Gengar confirmed as well, then. *remembers Mega Gengar exists* o_O

I truly believe that Machamp is getting one. Machamp has gotten a lot of spotlight from Pokken and TCG. It also has the highest HP in Pokken.
It feels like they are buffing Machamp's popularity.

Last edited:
Is it wrong to say I want Dragonite solely to see how they pronounce the stone's name?

Also, Dunsparce and Farfetch'd deserve Megas

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom