• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon-The Rocket Story

Yumega

Epic Sea Otter ftw
Reaction score
-This fic is rated 15 because of dark scenes, strong language in some parts, some minor sex hints and violence-

First I would like to point out some obvious and not so obvious things about this fic. It’s my first one so keep that in mind when reading. This does not mean I want you to spare on criticism because I need that to move on in life.
Don’t let the title and first chapter fool you. Sure Team rocket plays a big part in my fic but that’s not really the main story.

The plot will become obvious as the story goes on (a new trainer, gym leaders ect)

There will be some characters from the games in my fic ex: Giovanni and Red. But the main plot is based on characters originally created by me.

The story is based in the Draco region, so the towns, cities and places are made up. (There should be hints at places from other regions of course)

I’ll be adding chapters throughout, so this post will contain the first chapter or prologue.

And have fun reading my fic and I hope you will enjoy it. ;) Reviews wanted.
-----------------------

Chapter one-Team rockets new terror

The rain poured down mercilessly onto the city streets and roads of Thrush City. The fields of grass around the large city (usually beautiful) were soaked through and in some places, flooded over. The murky puddles of mud would become larger and larger, the rain starting large ripples from the centre, ending at the edges. A large crack of thunder came from the grey sky and a single Mudkip (who had been playing in the muck and enjoying the summer storm) suddenly cried out and crawled away. It’s only companion, a small Poliwag, tried to follow but tumbled over its large tail only to fall down again in the mud. It wriggled for all it was worth but could not sit up. It whimpered in fright as another large bang came from the sky. The Mudkip had seen his friend fall and rushed back to help, biting onto the Poliwag’s tail and pulling, attempting to drag it to the safety of the forest beside the city. As the Mudkip pulled its friend along a sword of lighting blasted from the clouds and disappeared into the forest. There was a screech as a flock of Pidgeys flew from the trees, banging into each other and crying out to the sky.

Both friends whined and the Mudkip gave the Poliwag a sharp tug, helping it get to its feet. The pair scrambled off to a bush to take shelter and they huddled together as they shivered in the freezing cold. Both being water types, the rain or cold was enjoyable but it was pure fright of the night (and all that lived in it) that made them wish that they had stayed at the swamp rather than explore. The Mudkip looked at the Poliwag and the Poliwag stared back. They both where crying but it weren’t possible to tell because of their already soaked skin. Both friends prayed that at sun rise their families would find them and the storm would blow over.

-*-

-Four hours latter-
A frightening howl was heard through the city as two men, dressed in a black jumper, gloves, hat and boots ran through the streets, their feet stamping through the puddles. The cry had come from the Pokemon running in front of them. It was a Houndoom a hungry beast that was trained to find other Pokemon. On its head was a red tattoo in the shape of an R. Its ribs could be seen on its sides as it took another deep breath and let out a huge howl. It’s howl struck fear into both people and pokemon’s hearts, making them feel as if their biggest fears in life where all happening at the same time. The two men hated each other’s guts despite working with each other for most of their careers. They both worked for team rocket, which was obvious by looking at their soaked jumpers. On each Jumper was a large red R similar to the one on the Houndoom’s head. The older one of the pair was called Fredrick Rock but he would happily murder anyone who called him by his real name. He was known as Rick both by friends (which was few) and enemies (which was many). Only a select number of people even knew his real name and fewer still dared speak it. Most of those people where the most powerful in his career and if he even dared sneezed near them without permission he could wake up with a knife in his back. The only other person who would say his embarrassing name was the man beside him. Rick could murder him if he got the chance if he wasn’t his brother.

His brother was called Danny Rock. He was nineteen years old; three months shy of his birthday. Even then he would still be two years younger than his brother. Danny had a mean streak but unlike his brother he wasn’t pure evil. He hated working for team rocket and hated his brother even more for dragging him into his dead end career. His life plan was to get married, have kids and own a decent house and car. Sure, he hadn’t been the most behaved teenager when he was in school but he had never imagined this. In the darkest times of his life, Danny had considered killing himself. He hated what he had done sense he joined the treacherous Team rocket, and if he ran away then the team would kill him anyway....slowly.

The sound of the brother’s pounding feet on the road was drone out by the thunder and the rain, but they didn’t need it. Other than themselves and the rockets there was no one else outside. The people had been locked in their houses, each building guarded by a rocket grunt. Their Pokemon where currently being stolen and the brothers had the job of finding the ones that had run away. Any humans would be slaughtered along with any weak pokemon that where found. The strong ones would be captured and taken to the trucks, dotted around the city. Of course resistance was put up by police, but it was useless thanks to the three Garchomps running rampage in the city, killing anyone that dared to fight back unless they where a rocket themselves. Even as they ran the brothers could see bodies on the ground. Some injured some dead. It was hard to tell.

The Houndoom barked and bounded forward onto one of the fields of soaked grass. It started running towards a bush that was blowing in the wind.

‘Good boy,’ said Rick Rock as he, followed by his brother, joined the Houndoom on the field. The rain was still on full blast and every time their boots touched the grass the mud would rise up an inch or more, clinging to their boots and slowing them down. The Houndoom didn’t wait on his master (Rick) and put his nose into the bush.

The Mudkip and Poliwag where still huddled together and had been unnoticed by any other searcher that passed. But as the red snout and devil eyes appeared both Pokemon cried and tried to run from the beast. The Houndoom effortlessly bit onto the Poliwag’s tail and lifted him and his wriggling body from the bush.

Rick screamed out in anger and hit the dog. ‘How many times do I have to tell, you! Where looking for the strong ones, you big idiot,’ he yelled as the Houndoom whined and bowed it’s head.
Danny shook his head and took off his cap, wringing the rain water out.

‘This is stupid, Fredrick,’ Danny moaned. ‘We have been here for hours and only found weak pieces of crap. This is Shitty. Let’s go-‘

‘Shut the hell up Danny! Why do you have to act like a bloody teenager all the time? And for the last time, stop calling me that!’

Rick had little control of his burning anger and resisted the temptation punch his brother.
The Houndoom was patiently waiting for permission to attack the Poliwag. Despite his master’s harsh words Houndoom always stayed loyal.

Under the bush the Mudkip hadn’t run away. He was scared stiff and could only stare at the Houndooms black body and it’s stomach, rising and falling. The only thing keeping him from running was Poliwag. He couldn’t leave him; no matter what.
Another roar of thunder was heard and it seemed to bring Rick back to reality.

‘Okay! We can go back to the truck empty handed! But you are getting the blame!’ As he said this he poked his younger brother in the chest and turned to his partner Pokemon.

‘Hmph! Okay, Houndoom! Kill that thing and get going!’

A large lump suddenly appeared in Danny’s throat. He couldn’t stand here and watch the innocent be murdered.

‘Don’t be stupid, Rick! Let it go,’ he protested.

Rick turned around and Danny looked at his face. The rain had caused his fringe to go flat and it put a shadow over his eyes. He looked darker than usual.

He let out an evil laugh and pushed Danny. ‘Why do you have to be such a soft, gay bitch?!’

Danny was annoyed but tried not to show it. He wasn’t gay, he knew that. And Rick knew that too. He knew that because it was he who killed Sarah. Danny tried to fight the tears. But a single one rolled down his freezing cheek. Sarah was his late girlfriend. Rick had killed her. He had killed her after apparently driving her home. But he knew that wasn’t true. Rick had admitted it a year after, when he was particularly drunk and feeling mean. A flash back started began in his head.

--- ‘Yeah, well guesses what, Danny boy! I raped her! I raped her then murdered her! But let’s be serious! She enjoyed it....’-

Rick had been drunk and his voice had been slurred but Danny knew that the first part was probably true. Danny knew what Rick was capable of. He was sick. But not so long ago he had always looked out for Danny ever since their mother died! But then he started drinking and Danny was also sure it isn’t just tobacco that he smokes.

He noticed the tear on Danny’s cheek and laughed even harder. ‘OH! He is going to cry now, isn’t he! Oh that’s just awesome!’

He turned to Houndoom. He nooded at the black beast and it tipped it’s head up into the air throwing the defenceless Poliwag into the sky. It looked up at his prey and prepared to catch it in its mouth.

It was true that the Poliwag wasn’t capable of battling the Houndoom but as he made his decent he did the only thing that would ever save him.

The spiral on his stomach lit up blue and the Houndoom’s eyes slowly closed and it feel onto the wet grass. The Poliwag landed onto the grass and scampered away.

Rick could only watch in anger as the Poliwag dashed away attempting to escape, the Mudkip running alongside it.

In the mud he had no help of catching them and with the Poliwag using hypnosis on his Pokemon, it couldn’t catch him either.

Danny smiled silently but was horrified to see his brother pull out a stun gun from his belt.
Rick went very red. He wasn’t letting the useless piece of crap get away. He aimed the stun gun at the fleeing Poliwag but Danny pushed his arm down gently.

‘Don’t be at it, Rick. It’s not worth the bother,’ Danny said
and surprisingly Rick obeyed.

Rick coughed and pulled out a Pokéball and aimed it at the sleeping Houndoom. A red beam of light came from the button on the Pokéball and caught the Houndoom, returning it to the red and white sphere.

‘Let’s go,’ he said, gesturing towards the street. ‘Apparently the Gym leader here is planning to battle Gothim.’
Danny nodded. ‘He won’t stand a chance,’ he stated and the two brothers walked away. But Danny couldn’t help thinking about Sarah and how much he missed her.

-To be continued.....

Last edited:
A lot of spelling errors, for example 'sense' instead of 'since' and 'where' instead of 'were'.

A nice idea but I really don't like the character of Rick. And I don't mean I don't like him as a person, what I'm trying to say is he's a really one dimensional villain, he just seems a bit ridiculously evil, which I find a little unbelievable.

There's nothing wrong with making someone totally ruthless and cold blooded, but there's something about Rick which just makes him into a bit of a cartoon, I can't quite put my finger on it though.

ver macbre, a evil character with no compassion is revealed this early makes me hesitant, I can't see this turning out well....

Thanks for reading guys and I understand what you are saying. I wasn't planning on posting this but that's sort of the point. He is purposely written like this. I'm currently working on the second chapter and it sort of explains why he is the way he is. (Backgrounds) that's my problem with writing a fic that I add to through time. More things on the character is revealed ect.

I've taken what you guys have said on board but I hope you read the next few chapters before finally deciding if your going to read it or not :)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom