• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon - The second Generation.

Living in an area with no super big cities, and not having my own car to drive myself to different places ,there are still several gen 1 Pokemon I haven't gotten, but I'm so glad to finally see Gen 2. My two friends (who don't even play Pokemon to begin with), and I have stuck with this game for so long, just to finally see this moment.

It took long enough, i must say.

Gen 2 has been released in Japan, and some pictures of the new update has been released:
(Taken from Serebii)
metalcoatth.jpg
berryth.jpg
genderth.jpg

I've updated the app, but I haven't seen any of the new Pokemon yet. The updates to the screen are nice since it makes it much easier to get different Pokeballs and berries too without having to move around the menu.

So far I have captured 2 Chikorita. A Sunken escaped my capture. I have seen an Aipom, Wooper and Spinarak nearby as well, so hopefully I can find those around later when I go to work.

So far I have captured 2 Chikorita. A Sunken escaped my capture. I have seen an Aipom, Wooper and Spinarak nearby as well, so hopefully I can find those around later when I go to work.

That's pretty cool and lucky. I haven't seen any of the Johto starters yet. I have caught a Snubull, two Spinarak, two Sentret and a Murkrow. A Natu was nearby earlier, so I might be able to catch one of those later on too. It is really nice to find some new Pokemon in the game again.

Hopefully I'll start feeling better tomorrow so I can get out walking to get some new Pokemon. I updated the app and have gotten a few new ones today. No starters yet, but I've seen them around. My friend got a Cyndaquil, and I am so jealous. I know where I saw one last though so maybe it will stick around till tomorrow when it's day light. Too bad I don't have a car.

So far today I've gotten 3 Murkrow, 2 Sentret, 2 Hoothoot, 2 Spinarak, a Snubbul, a Granbull, a Sunkern, and a Ariados.

I also encountered a very weird glitch shortly after I updated the app. When I opened it up the first time after updating it, a Growlithe and a couple other pokemon popped up. I didn't catch them, just checked out to see what updated, because it didn't show any gen 2 pokemon around yet, when I closed the item page, there was a Spinarak where the Growlithe was. I went to catch it, and it was actually the Growlithe. It was super weird, and I don't think I experienced anything like it when the game first came out.

I caught a Spinarak and a Marill. A stupid Hoppip wasted my pokeballs before running away.

But I appreciate the new update. I'm really looking forward to getting the johto starters.

Last night, I caught a Slugma, a Houndour, another Sentret, another Subbull and two Natu. I also caught another Murkrow earlier this morning, but nothing else yet.

I checked for the updated egg listing and while I was pretty content with how most of the new Pokemon were set in those areas, I was disappointed that Mareep is in ten kilometer eggs. I rarely come across ten kilometer eggs and it would also take a lot longer to get even one candy from Mareep as a Buddy Pokemon. The Mareep line is one of my favorite Pokemon, so making it potentially harder to find and evolve is pretty sad for me. Hopefully, I'll be able to find enough Mareep to where getting the last few candies wouldn't be too hard eventually and/or they'll move it to a five kilometer egg at one point like they did with Eevee, Sycther and Pinsir. At least I'll hopefully be able to find more new Pokemon within the five kilometer eggs, which would make feel less upset over using the limited incubators.

I caught at least 40 types of Johto Pokemon today :p yeh. I feel like this would probably bring back a good amount of people. This is what we need, not any event that lasts for a few days.

Today i caught a Skarmory, Bayleaf, Slugma, Marill, 2 Giraffig, 2 Remoraid, couple Sunkern, 1-2 Totodile, and 3-4 Chikorita. Also hatched a Skarmory from a 10k egg after I already caught the other one. And got a Kings Rock from a Pokestop but haven't decided who to use it for. Think my choices are only Sloking and Kingdra. Or do you use that for Politoad as well?

As of day 2, the current Pokémon I have captured are:

Chikorita
Bayleef
Totodile
Sentret
Hoothoot
Ledyba
Spinarak
Chinchou
Natu
Marill
Sunkern
Wooper
Murkrow
Ursaring
Slugma
Magcargo
Remoraid

My first Gen II Pokemon is Snubbull. I also evolved a Golbat into Crobat.

I actually caught a Furret before even encountering a Sentret. I noticed Chinchou would move around, I don't like how they put that mechanic in seemingly just to explain the existence of Nanab Berries. Snubbull/Natu are common enough here. I'm glad I got Aipom since it seems like it is a bit rare. Not so glad I should still be catching any Aipom/Murkrow I see until I hit 50 Candies because they will eventually get evolutions when Gen 4 gets in. Also, as I was afraid, Sunkern needs the Sun Stone too on top of the 50 Candy (although I'll probably be getting Sunflora before Bellossom with all the trouble I have getting Oddish Candy and still not having Vileplume). Sentret is already "on farm" for Lucky Egg evolution parties. I'm back to blacklisting some Gen I Pokemon that need 50 Candy to evolve to preserve Pokeballs (since the best spots for catching Pokemon aren't that close to Pokestops unless Lures are used). I also encountered a Slugma that fled, Magcargo's going to be hard to get. Finally, PINAP BERRIES ARE SO COOL! I feel like I never have enough though, I should go on a Pokestop farming session soon to fix that (I've made a good stock of Razz that way, should do the same for Pinap too).

-as I also said in the Adventure Log

I should also add that I already saw lots of Blisseys all over the Gyms, releasing gen II right after the Valentine's event made those a bit more popular than I'd like them to be, walling Gyms everywhere :(

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom