• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like but whose evo/pre-evo you hate or don't care about?

Mine are...

Raichu
I don't care about Pikachu or Pichu. But I HATE the attention Pikachu gets... Just feeling happy that Raichu gets Alola form.
I look for a thunderstone the instant I manage to get a Pikachu.

Dragonair
Dratini is your regular serpent Pokemon. But when you manage to cope up with it for a few levels, you get Dragonair, the most beautiful dragon! I must be the only boy who likes its Shiny colours. But when Dragonair (or Shiny Dragonair) accidentally evolves, you get a bulky geeky dragon. (Worse when you evolve a SHINY, and get that stupid green on top of that).

Ivysaur+Wartortle
Listing them together as it is the same reason. I hate the final Forms, they're too bulky for my liking. And the base stages are not the likes of me.

Charizard
Charmander is okay, but did I mention that I HATE Charmeleon? I just try to train it hard to evolve it as quickly as I can...

Gabite+Metang+Pupitar
For some reason or the other, I don't like the base stages, I don't like the final stages. So the mid evos are my liking.

I personally love Spritzee, but I don't like Aromatisse that much. Not only does it look stupid, it has a very annoying, screechy cry that makes my ears bleed. I also love Flabebe and Floette, but I'm not a fan of Florges, so I don't evolve my Floettes. I definitely don't hate Florges like I do Aromatisse, just not a fan.

Love Scyther's lizard-like design. Scizor is decent but they really toned down the feralness that I loved about Scyther.

Charizard is one of my all-time favorite Pokemon, and while I like Charmander and Charmeleon, they're something I have just because I cannot wait to get a Charizard. If there's a Little Cup or NFE rules in place, I'll skip out on the pre-evos for another Fire-type I prefer, like Tepig/Pignite, Growlithe, or Houndour.

Dragonair is really elegant-looking, but why did they decide it would evolve into something with a design like Dragonite? It's so dorky-looking when compared to Dratini or Dragonair. The way the anime has it ferocious was really hard to take seriously. I don't dislike Dragonite and I love the goofy design, but compared to Dragonair, it's just odd.

Rhydon is so much superior to Rhyperior. I HATE Rhyperior and would never evolve my Rhydon to that thing.

Lickitung looks better than Lickilicky. Lickitung I never had a problem with. It was goofy. Lickilicky is just disgusting and I don't find it appealing at all.

While not a fan, Smoochum is so much easy on the eyes than Jynx. It's anime appearences also made it more appealing.

Most lines I'm cool with, even if I prefer one over the other, but the only line for this that really comes to mine is the Flabébé line. I love Flabébé and Floette, but can't stand the direction they took with Florges. Never evolved the Floette on my in-game team for that reason.

I must admit however that she is one hell of a SpD wall, and I do use Florges frequently when I do competitive battles.

Dragonair and Dragonite come to mind. Dragonair is pretty majestic-looking, but Dragonite looks like a cheap knock-off of Puff the Magic Dragon. Plus it's such a drastic change between the two, going from elegant and serpentine to chubby and ugly. I don't hate Dragonite (though Iris obtaining one did leave a bitter feeling toward it), but it went in the wrong direction upon evolution. It should've stayed at least similar to its pre-evolutions.

Swampert is another interesting case. While I've never really used one outside of getting dex data, I do like it more than Mudkip and Marshtomp (and no, it has nothing to do with the Mudkip meme). Swampert looks pretty rad (though I dislike its Mega Evolution), while Mudkip and Marshtomp are rather iffy and bland. Marshtomp in particular seems rather awkward, though I guess most mid-stage Starters tend to be that way, but Marshtomp is particularly so. Truth be told, I rarely, if at all, paid attention to the Mudkip line in the past (Torchic was always my choice), but I think I owe it to Ruby in Adventures for letting me see Swampert's good point more clearly. But either way, Swampert is the only member of the family that I like.

I love Starly. I love Staraptor. But I cannot stand Staravia. Seriously, I just do not like the way it looks or the way it sounds. For some odd reason, it's the only mid-evo that I actively do not like. But I like and use its base and final form.

I'm neutral on Electabuzz. I don't hate it per se but I can't wait to evolve it into Electivire because Electivire is just amaze-balls.

Hmmm, time for a list...
Aipom: I find Aipom to be pretty lovable, but I'm not too big on Ambipom.
Alola Exeggutor: I never disiked regular Exeggutor or Exeggcute, but Alola Exeggutor is just so freaking hilarious that it actually made me care about the line.
Joltik: This is an interesting case. While Galvantula is one of my favorite Pokemon, I'm still more fond of Joltik because of how cute it is.
Spritzee: I liked Spritzee a lot... Before we saw Aromatisse. I was hoping for a Fairy/Poison plague doctor, and instead we got a freaking can-can dancer.
Cubchoo: Cubchoo is adorable and creative, but Beartic's pointy head is pretty damn stupid looking. Not to mention being pure Ice when I've been waiting for a Water/Ice polar bear for years.
Chinchou: Chinchou's cute, but weird, which is good. However, while I do like Lanturn, I wish it was at least a little creepier looking with bigger teeth. So years later, we get Bruxish another anglerfish with big teeth... And it's ugly, and not the GOOD kind of ugly I want out of an anglerfish.
Barbaracle: I don't hate Binacle or even dislike it, which is an unpopular opinion. However, it's nowhere near as cool looking as Barbaracle.
Lickitung: Yeah, count me among the people who don't mind Lickitung but dislike Lickilicky.

Pretty much any Pokemon that evolves with a stone. As soon as I get my mitts on the stone I need, I evolve it right away. Level 16 Nidoking for the win.

Baby Pokemon I have never liked, but I usually like their evos; except for Pikachu (and Mr. Mime but that's a different case), I find it to be very annoying like it's baby pre-evo, but I find Raichu to be okay as it isn't really annoying so I'm glad it's getting an Alola form over Pikachu. I also don't like Charizard or Charmeleon, but Charmander is pretty cool, I like Litten and Torracat as well but Incineroar I can do without. Same with Alola Persian, I don't exactly hate it but I don't really like it either, Alola Meowth is awesome though. There's a few more, but these ones are what come to mind instantly for me.

There are probably a lot more, but these are the main ones.

I like Litten and Torracat, but loathe Inceneroar.
I love Popplio but despise the abominations that are Brionne and whatever the hell that evolves into.
I like Bunnelby and hate Digugly.
I adore Noibat, but don't care much for Noivern.
I love Bounsweet and Steenee, but I'm kinda iffy about Tsareena right now.
I'm fine with Mudsdale, but don't care much for Mudbray.
I like Frogadier, but hate Froakie and Greninja.
I like Fennekin and Delphox, but don't care for Braxien.
I love Chespin, but hate the evolutions.

I'll post if I remember more.

Pre-evos I like with evos I don't:

-Goomy and Sliggoo are great. Goodra drops their weird, goofy charm for a classic Dragonite situation. I really don't like it.
-Squirtle and Wartortle are fine, I wouldn't say I particularly love them but Blastoise goes places I don't care for with those weird cannons (look at Octillery and Clawitzer to learn how to do it properly Blastoise!)
-Flabebe and Floette are great, really good fairy designs, Florges not so much.
-ElectabuzzI don't hate Electivire, but its face is off and Electabuzz just looks cooler.
-Makuhita. One of the best pre-evos in the series turns into that. Not a fan of Hariyama.
-Rhydon. I don't know why they bothered with Rhyperior
-Chinchou. Lanturn is ok, but kinda ruins Chinchou's weird vibe
-Wooper. Wooper is one of the cutest Pokemon ever. Quagsire is kinda meh these days.
-Piloswine. Losing the shaggy coat as Mamoswine is a CRIME! Piloswine is dorky and cute, Mamoswine not so much.

Evos I like with pre-evos I don't:
-Diggersby. Diggersby is awesome and goofy, Bunnelby is just a bland rabbit that has no appeal to me.
-Empoleon. Piplup and Prinplup just don't do anything for me.
-Torterra. Same as above.

Can't think of many for the second part. Maybe I will remember more later.

A bit weird on my end
Gallade is my least favorite Pokemon and I don't like it

BUT

Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon and I think Ralts is the cutest and Kirlia is oke

A bit weird on my end
Gallade is my least favorite Pokemon and I don't like it

BUT

Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon and I think Ralts is the cutest and Kirlia is oke
No way! Gardevoir is fine, but Ralts was the Pokemon I was going to hate on coming into this thread. I adore Kirlia and personally think she is adorable with a capital A. I've seen some good fanart and she is extremely moe. I despise Ralts though. How can Kirlia come from that demon!?

Count me in with Dragonite and Goodra, ugly Barney mutations after lines w/ good potential.

Quilladin was... kinda weird, but Chespin is cute and Chesnaught is a absolute badass.

Braixen and Fennekin were good, but Delphox was a bit off.

the Eveelution line is OK and all, (despite no ghost type :\) but Leafeon's design was somehow dislikable.

I don't actually like Gastly all that much, struck me as unfitting with Haunter and poor, nerfed Gengar.

Looking back at my rankings...

Like/Dislike:
-Squirtle & Blastoise/Wartortle
-NidoranF/Nidoqueen
-Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
-Kakuna/Weedle & Beedrill
-Victreebel/Weepinbel
-Sentret/Furret
-Tediursa/Ursaring
-Hoppip/Skiploom & Jumpluff
-Lotad/Lombre
-Zigzagoon/Linoone
-Buizel/Floatzel
-Venipede & Scolipede/Whirlipede
-Pansage/Simisage
-Oshawott/Samurott
-Excadrill/Drillbur
-Goomy/Goodra
-Chesnaught/Chespin
-Grubbin & Charjabug/Vikavolt
-Morelull/Shiinotic

Pokémon I like with evos I dislike:
  • Mime Jr.
  • Dragonair
  • Wartortle
  • Seadra
  • Sunkern
  • Dewott
  • Pansage
  • Vanillite
  • Fletchinder
  • Sliggoo
  • Torracat
  • Mudbray
  • Salandit
  • Steenee
  • Jangmo-o

Bayleaf is a pokemon which I'd like, but Meganium is not something I'd want it to evolve into.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom