• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Poliwrath VS Politoed

wtf i didnt see this thread last night and yet it is here now AND i get my thread closed???????? oh well

Poliwrath please. It might be an unimaginative design, like so many on the 1st Generation, but there's something about it that screams "badass". Plus, Water/Fighting is an unique Type combination to this day, and beats being a plain Water Pokémon like so many others any day.

In a battle, it's pretty even, but Politoed's superior Special Attack and Psychic might prove dangerous for Poliwrath. However, they're balanced enough, so I think it could go either way.

- Which one do you prefer? Poliwrath looks cooler
- Which one fares better in-game? Poliwrath since you get a better STAB combo and don't need to trade to evolve
- Which one is better in competitive battles? Politoed, lol

I chose politoed simply for drizzle.

While Politoed does make the evolution line make sense and is OU due to its DW ability, my vote goes to Poliwrath because he looks like Air Man, and every Mega Man fan knows he can't be defeated.

Poliwrath has a better design, although Politoed is more useful and looks okay. My vote goes to Poliwrath.

It depends i guess but polioeds design is significantly better and he is the only pokemon besides kyogre with access to the ability drizzle which can be great for a team revolving around rain

Politoed is cuter and has a nice emotional story. My mum once bought a TCG booster pack and divided the cards between my sister and me. Luckily, I got the holo, a Politoed (link). Since that moment, I love that adorable frog. Meanwhile, Poliwrath has never been my cup of tea. Angry look, Fighting-type (I barely like any fighting type)... And when I saw Misty's Politoed in the anime being adorable, derpy and funny... Yeah, point made. I also played around with Politoed a lot in LeafGreen.

Politoed, both because of Drizzle and because it is adorable. Poliwrath just looks too similiar to Poliwhirl.

Politoed. It's green, slimy, and I genuinely adore all frog-kind. I had one for a while, and it wasn't useless. Even if it had been, I'd still tolerate it because I have a natural affinity for the weak and hopeless. Except Aurorus, because he's unusable lmao.

Probably Poliwrath. I'm a bit 'meh' on both of them, but I like Poliwrath more because it is a fighting type and it's design is more appealing than Politoed's.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom