• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Question about the timeline

But you fight her at her gym in GSC. Unless she's taking day trips overseas to compete in contests and stare aimlessly at the ocean, she *should* be at her gym in Johto.

The only way I think that could work is if she jets to Sinnoh right after being beaten by the player character in GSC (what with DP starting about halfway through the other game, as evidented by the coverage of the Red Gyarados), but then why's she still there when you go back to her gym?

its a paradox the makers didnt think about I guess, gen 2 came out 7 years ago right?

As you play the games, you can complete them within a couple of days. As you watch the anime, their events take place over several months/years in the identical region. Who knows what the timeline is in the actual games? You start D/P at about the time of the Red Gyarados incident in G/S/C, but who knows how long it takes from there to reach Jasmine? Even though it only took you a few days/weeks, in the game's timeline it could have been several months.

The only way I think that could work is if she jets to Sinnoh right after being beaten by the player character in GSC (what with DP starting about halfway through the other game, as evidented by the coverage of the Red Gyarados), but then why's she still there when you go back to her gym?

Oak appears at the same relative point in every game and, with the exception of the Hoenn games, remains in one location (though he keeps coming back if you keep beating the Hoenn Elite 4). Obviously this is a game that doesn't care much for specific events or character locations. Most likely, it's as simple as a programming issue, where it's easier to just leave them there than have them walk off.

Wow, I didn't even notice that. I agree with Matkin22, how it could be months afterward.

As we learn from the beginning of DP, it takes place at roughly the same time as GSC.

And yet Jasmine's there in Sinnoh.

Is she in two places at once or what?

I did a timeline on SPPf to explain everything. Unfortunately it isn't working right now so I'll just rewrite it

1. Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen

Where it all beigins.

2. Sevii Island plot/Ruby/Saphire/Emerald

Strarting the RSE plot duiring FRLG's Sevii island part makes perfect sense. You are not able to trade with RSE until you get the two plates and complete the plot. If I recall, you can trade FRLG to RSE no matter where you are in the timeline

3. Gold/Silver/Crystal

The second generation three years after the events of RBY

4. Diamond/Pearl/GSC Kanto plot

While the main character of GSC is in Johto, the DP plot beigins. This gives enough time for the hype of the Red Gyarados ro go nation wide and hit Sinnoh. You defeat DP after the main plot of GSC Kanto is over.

EDIT: Found it. It even has back stories.

Long Long ago before the events of RBY
Mr. Fugi returns from Faraway Island to his Mansion at cinabar Island to show blain his best friend the picture of Mew and a DNA sample. Together they try to clone a new mew, but behind Mr. Fugi's back blaned had altered his DNA trying to create the worlds strongest Pokemon. When Mewtwo was born he was angered at the fact that he was just a ittle experiment and flew away heading towards Cerulean. The Mansion had Burned down, and Mr. Fugi was so upset at the Pain he caused Mewtwo that he vowed to only help Pokemon from now on thus he opened the orphan age at Lavender

Lance recieves his dragon pokemon from his grand father, gos through Johto, becomes league Champion and then assumes the role of elite four.

Giovani's son is not getting much attention from his father as a young child, because of his invovement in team rocket. This makes his anger towards TR boil. This basically explains why the son of team rocket hates them so much

RBY FRLG came first of all
Professor oak starts to update pokedex for Prof elm.

Giovanni runs away to train leaving his son all alone

Scott sees the trainer Tower in Seven Island and decides to make a Battle tower in Hoenn

RSE events started to take place while you were at Sevii Islands fixing the Network. Thats how a master ball ended up in hoen eventhough it was just newly invented

Porygon 2 was invented at that time. Aqua smuggled over a prototype master ball stolen from the fallen team rocket at isle 5.

Catastrophic events from the awakening of Groudon set the eruption of Cinabar Island.

Loreli gets about the evil organization team Aqua being spotted on 5 island stealing a master ball and she decides to resign from the elite to defend the Sevi island from Future terrors

After Mewtwo was defeated in battle by main Character, he flys away with such force that the Cerulean Cave caves in.

Scott's BT was a success and he upgrades it into the Battle Frontier

GSC came about 3 years later like stated in the games.

Oak in Mr. Pokemon's lab living there while he does his radio broadcasts with DJ mary

Silver's hatred grows and grows when he hears of team rockets return and decides to go to Johto and steals a starter pokemon.

Scott decides to branch out the BT idea into Johto

DP events took place while GSC character was in Kanto.

Porygonz invented at this time. Thats why Silph was tight on security eventhough Master ball project was canceled.
After Kanto event is done, and journy through Sinnoh is done Oaks Pokemon talk show is over for a while and he decides to visit Prof. Nanakamodo(not sure if spelt right) in Sinnoh to see how the Sinnoh dex is going along.

Jasmine realises that the ampharos in the light house is getting sick again. She goes to cianwood, but the Pharmacist tells her that one of the ingredients he needs for the cure is in Sinnoh and that is why she is there

Scot Branches BT idea in Hoenn
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last statment I meant he takes the Battle Tower idea and implements it in Johto and Sinnoh.

Last edited:
A couple of things--

-We don't know for sure if the GSC Rival is Giovanni's son outside of that one comic. Also, that's some pretty crappy motive for him to hate TR anyway whoever he is. Because his daddy doesn't pay him any attention? What?
-If Jasmine is in Sinnoh for the medicine, why doesn't she get it and leave rather than staring out at the ocean for the rest of the game?
-Mewtwo "flies away"? What about being captured?
-And speaking of Mewtwo, in the games he has no motive, and there's no evidence that he's mad about being an experiment like he was in the movie.

...and how could you misspell "Fuji" and "Blaine"?

-We don't know for sure if the GSC Rival is Giovanni's son outside of that one comic. Also, that's some pretty crappy motive for him to hate TR anyway whoever he is. Because his daddy doesn't pay him any attention? What?
Yeah, I have no clue why people apply a comic that's not even official to every other canon.

-If Jasmine is in Sinnoh for the medicine, why doesn't she get it and leave rather than staring out at the ocean for the rest of the game?

Answer in bold.

It was a Optional Event, so the programmers probably pretend it didn't happen since it was never built into the plot.

And speaking of Mewtwo, in the games he has no motive, and there's no evidence that he's mad about being an experiment like he was in the movie.
Well, RBY was never big on plot. I'd say the Movies and Manga build on plots based on things in the game, not the other way around.

Yeah, I have no clue why people apply a comic that's not even official to every other canon.
Because events in the game point to the same conclusion.

We know for a fact that in the games, Giovanni has a red-haired kid that is similar enough in age to Red and Leaf for a member of Team Rocket to confuse them for one another. Now, not even taking age into consideration, there are only a few red-haired characters in the games, and only one of them has been confirmed as Giovanni's son in another media.

I made the conclusion of Silver being Giovanni's child without knowledge of the comic. Just like how I am speculating that Buck is Flint's younger brother based on ingame texts. It's all fan speculation, like the actual timeline of the game. If you notice, XD and Colosseum would not fit in any of this. Both the XD and Colosseum universe coincide with RSE/FRLG, but if I recall, XD takes place five years after colosseum.

She's not there after you beat the Elite 4. She only appears randomly in contests. People have claimed to have seen here in the audience in RSE, and if this is true, she may have chosen to send the medicine with someone else and participate in Super contests for a while.

What Magmortar the Fowl said.
-And speaking of Mewtwo, in the games he has no motive, and there's no evidence that he's mad about being an experiment like he was in the movie.
For the Mewtwo being angry, I came to this assumption in the fact that the Cinabar mansion burned down into flames. I assume he did this. More evidence can be found in Dr. Fuji's attitude. We know from what little information we have gathered from FRLG, and from the Emerald Mew event that Fuji was infact researching Mew. Now, several years later, he resides in a small town helping abandoned and orphaned Pokemon. We can assume that this is all do to good will and that Fuji is just a nice guy, but here's what I think: After creating Mewtwo with no other purpose than being a lab experiment, and seeing his reactions from it, Mr. Fuji began to feel remorse for what he has done. To compensate, he dedicates the rest of his life to help Pokemon in need.

...and how could you misspell "Fuji" and "Blaine"?

Also I can mispell Fuji and Blaine because I was under the infuence of SPPf.

Jasmine and Professor Oak have Abra they use just to teleport them around the country to be on hand to talk to random trainers that pass by. Problem solved.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom