• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Question on "Best Of" Pokemon Adventures

Velveteen

1st Generation
Reaction score
I just have a few questions on the manga titled "The Best of Pokemon Adventures: Red" and "The Best of Pokemon Adventures: Yellow."

First of all, Pokemon Adventures is just the English version of Pokemon Special, right?

And does anyone know what chapters this contains? All I want is the final battle between Red and Giovanni. Or if Giovanni appears at all, like in front of Silph Co, during the TR scenes, or/and in front of the museum where he gives Red the amber thingamerbobber.

First of all, Pokemon Adventures is just the English version of Pokemon Special, right?

Yes.

Volume 1, covering the Red/Green/Blue saga, reprints the first 5 chapters (up to the defeat of Brock), chapter 15-17 (the plot centering around Team Rocket's base in Celadon), chapter 24-25 (the journey to Seafoam and sighting of Articuno) and chapter 39-40 (the Pokemon League)

Volume 2, covering the Yellow saga, reprints chapter 41-42 (plot setup, disappearance of Red and introduction of Yellow), chapter 44-45 (first battle with Lorelei), chapter 54 (bonding of Caterpie and Pikachu), chapter 63 (Yellow helping the Farfetch'd, basic plot stuff), chapter 82 (battle with Lance), and chapter 86-90 (final battle stuff).

It reads like crap, especially the Yellow book, with huge gaping holes in the story. I REALLY recommend tracking down the original releases and getting the full story instead.

As for Giovanni, he plays a huge role in the final battle of the Yellow saga.

Thank you! That's helpful indeed, thank you SO much.

I actually don't care about the plot. I just want to see Giovanni. If so, would you recommend them?

Nah. If you pick up vol 7, you'll get the final battle from the Yellow saga without big gaps in the plot all around it, and if you buy vol 3, you'll get most of the earlier Giovanni material. There's really no reason to buy this Best of-crap.

"Best of" are sucky because they leave huge gaps in the plot. I'd try to buy the series from Singapore, if I were you. Or (il)legally download them.

Nah. If you pick up vol 7, you'll get the final battle from the Yellow saga without big gaps in the plot all around it
They actually did a good job of picking the chapters so that there aren't any serious gaps in the plot. Sure, it doesn't include the entire Cerise Island battles but the confrontation between Yellow and Lance is fully intact.

And don't forget:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/The_Best_of_Pokémon_Adventures

I have read the Yellow series. It was good, but there were somethings left in Japanese.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom