• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Qwilfish vs Dunsparce

Opossumguy

Some say I'm part opossum
Reaction score
Ummm...I forgot why I chose these two as the topic.

Joking aside, this contest is to determine which of these forgotten favorites is the best. They're both often-forgotten, non-evolving, seldom-mentioned Pokemon from the second generation.

20100417202243%21211Qwilfish.png
VS
20100417200620%21206Dunsparce.png

Qwilfish is based on a pufferfish, as well as a naval mine. Dunsparse is (to my knowledge) based on the Aztec legend of the Quetzalcoatl. Qwilfish, competitively, is used with the Swift Swim ability, while raining, and using Waterfall/Aqua Tail, Poison Jab, and Explosion. It also can set up Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and poison the foe if you chose to use Poison Point. Dunsparse is mainly used for the Serene Grace Ability, Glare, Headbutt STAB, and Flinch Hax.

I went with Qwilfish, because not only is it my favorite Pokemon, but it has great battle potential and is much more underrated, and arguably, forgotten.

Here are some questions to consider:
Who is more memorable?

Who is better competitively?

Who has the better design?

Who do you like better overall?

Last edited:
Re: Qwilfish vs Dunsparse

Dunsparce. I like its cry, and it can pull off ParaFlinch pretty well.

Dunsparce.

What is it supposed to be?
Not a snake.

It is just, derpy and awesome!

Qwilfish, I always just found it attractive. It's cute, a little round puffball of spines:)

I choose Dunsparce, because besides it looks cute, it is very huge with 4'11″.

Qwilfish.

Better design, and more exciting to run into.

Qwilfish has a fairly good typing, with seven resistances, and a design that I find better than Dunsparce.

So, it's pretty evenly split so far. Interesting...

So I hers u liek mudkipz QWILFISH, BITCH!

Memes aside, I think Qwilfish is just plain epic with that derpy face.

Dunsparce. I think its design is WAY better.

Qwilfish. With Swords Dance (3rd gen tutor move) it's awesome!

I haven't forgotten Quilfish. But sort of forgotten Dunsparce. Also, I sort of wanted a Quilfish in my LeafGreen but it was in FireRed. Dunsparce was in Leafgreen. Them two were in different generations. So my vote will go to Quilfish.

more memorable?
-dunsparce. who will forget the hiker (in gold/silver series) who will call u when there's dunsparce in the wild? probly u.

better competitively?
-mmmmmm.. maybe qwilfish? idk.

better design?
-dunsparce. so quirky, odd and unique. i like it tiny angel wings.

better overall?
-i guess qwilfish. for no significant reason.

I haven't forgotten Quilfish. But sort of forgotten Dunsparce. Also, I sort of wanted a Quilfish in my LeafGreen but it was in FireRed. Dunsparce was in Leafgreen. Them two were in different generations. So my vote will go to Quilfish.

It's spelled "Qwilfish".

Speaking of Qwilfish, my vote goes to it, but only by a tiny margin. Dunsparce and Qwilfish are both great Pokemon, but Qwilfish wins due to being a Poison-type.

With a mustache.

I like them both, but I picked Dunsparce because it's so cute, IMO. XD

Currently it's a 60-40 split. Another similarity is that they both are found in the Sevii Islands.

dunsparse.
I find its drill-like tail attractive

Quick note: Can a mod change the poll/title? I spelled Dunsparce wrong...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom