• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the Avatar Above You [v3]

6.5/10

The pic's alright, but for some reason, even though the bias that I initially had towards this TV show is most likely long gone, I'm not really interested in it.

9.5/10.
I wish it could've been cropped closer to Pichu, but it's alright on its own.
The pic's alright, but for some reason, even though the bias that I initially had towards this TV show is most likely long gone, I'm not really interested in it.
That's no reason to give it a low rating.

6/10. I don't mind the mon, and was initially gonna write a joke "I'm conflicted/10" rating, but then I noticed the cropping has Pichu somewhat off-centre.
That's no reason to give it a low rating.
Then allow me to justify it. It's... not exactly the greatest quality, either it seems like it was a shot from the anime that is zoomed in from an otherwise low resolution, the original footage wasn't crisp, or both.

All that aside, everyone has differing ways to rate things, and of course, nobody has to give a reason for their ratings if they don't want to. It's just become popular to do so with the regulars to spice things up, myself included.

7/10

6/10. I don't mind the mon, and was initially gonna write a joke "I'm conflicted/10" rating, but then I noticed the cropping has Pichu somewhat off-centre.

Then allow me to justify it. It's... not exactly the greatest quality, either it seems like it was a shot from the anime that is zoomed in from an otherwise low resolution, the original footage wasn't crisp, or both.

All that aside, everyone has differing ways to rate things, and of course, nobody has to give a reason for their ratings if they don't want to. It's just become popular to do so with the regulars to spice things up, myself included.

It was taken from Bulbapedia.

It was taken from Bulbapedia.
I should mention that I was quoting someone else when I said everything below the quote, lol. But allow me to add on to my previous statement anyway...

IMO the avatar would have worked better if it was cropped in such a fashion that Pichu was in the dead centre of the image.

9.5/10.
Actually, he was referring to another image.
ezgif-1-88c86b781a.jpg
I was pointing out that not liking a show or whatever isn't a good reason to rate an avatar low...

I was pointing out that not liking a show or whatever isn't a good reason to rate an avatar low...
On the contrary, I'd say that it's entirely in the eye of the beholder. You are free to disagree, but at the end of the day it's just an opinion - what I said above still applies. I could rate Vulpix037's avatar above based on Pichu rather than how it appears (all of which I did in the one post earlier in this thread), and the below person could rate my avatar based on the show or its title character of Luluco (at least, at the time of posting), but, and I say it again for good measure, it's just an opinion at the end of the day! Trust me, I've done my fair share of avatar ratings based on factors which don't relate to image quality, and have received them in turn, but do I get mad? No! The most I make is a small comment and an "ah well" before moving on.

10/10.
On the contrary, I'd say that it's entirely in the eye of the beholder. You are free to disagree, but at the end of the day it's just an opinion - what I said above still applies. I could rate Vulpix037's avatar above based on Pichu rather than how it appears (all of which I did in the one post earlier in this thread), and the below person could rate my avatar based on the show or its title character of Luluco (at least, at the time of posting), but, and I say it again for good measure, it's just an opinion at the end of the day! Trust me, I've done my fair share of avatar ratings based on factors which don't relate to image quality, and have received them in turn, but do I get mad? No! The most I make is a small comment and an "ah well" before moving on.
I see. Jolly good then. ^^

Back
Top Bottom