• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Recurring Malamar's whereabouts

Pattyman

Utopian
Reaction score
Is the recurring evil Malamar coming back? The last time Malamar was seen was in Facing the Grand Design! where it escaped along with two other antagonistic Malamar in the merged crystals of their's. There are some loose ends that haven't been resolved. 1. What caused Malamar to become evil as there was no backstory regarding Malamar and it wasn't explained as to why it became evil except for dex entries as those didn't count with the appearance of four good Malamar in Facing the Grand Design!; 2. Where did the crystals actually take them to? The only instance was that they were heading to a future.

I sincerely hope that this story has not been dropped. XY has been pretty good at tying internal threads, so hopefully the same will apply here.

I had thought this might spill into the Flare arc but with the trajectory of that being so uncertain (what is the meaning of this Zygarde forme business?!) I wouldn't be surprised if this is just wrapped up in one final episode as a little TRio/Kojiro and Maaika subplot.

I too think that when the Malamars come back it'd not going to be for long and will be dropped son afterwards. Besides, we don't even know if the Malamars are working with team flare as nothing has been said about for a damn long time.

I sincerely hope that this story has not been dropped. XY has been pretty good at tying internal threads, so hopefully the same will apply here.

I had thought this might spill into the Flare arc but with the trajectory of that being so uncertain (what is the meaning of this Zygarde forme business?!) I wouldn't be surprised if this is just wrapped up in one final episode as a little TRio/Kojiro and Maaika subplot.

I was hoping too that they didn't drop the story, unlike what happened with the GS Ball plot and all of the Pokémon poachers.

Last edited:
I find the pokemon Malamar pretty cool. It would be neat to see them again.

They're probably lost in obscurity with the GS Ball and Ash's dad. Good riddance though imo. TF >>> the Ursula sisters.

Why's people assuming those Calamanero are the next GS Ball when the series's not even over yet? I remember some thinking the same with the sunglasses Waruvile back in BW, and guess what? He returned. Some thought that Plasma-dan was skipped for good after their unaired two-parter, and they ended up appearing... Long breaks don't mean the characters are done mind you.

I keep forgetting that this subplot exists. I imagine that they'll be brought back at some point. I thought that the Malamar were just going to be one-shot villains at first, but they did bring them back and their exit strongly hinted, if not outright confirmed, that they'd be back again. It's possible that they could be with Team Flare and they'll be brought up sometime before their climax, or possibly during the climax if they're involved with their plans for Zygarde, but it's hard to say for sure. It's definitely too early to call this the next GS Ball. If we don't see anything of the Malamar before XY wraps up, then that comparison would be fitting.

I distinctly remember them saying in the end of their last appearance that they were going to the future. What became of them afterwards is all up to our imaginations, I suppose...

The future is now...
...thanks to science!

Seriously though, we need a ending to this 2-parter. I think it should involve Satoshi, Pikachu, Kojiro, Maiika, and their respective groups. It's a shame there's no hint of them being affiliated with TF.... "Facing the Grand Design" still have a good way to handle an ending, yet didn't do good enough of a job completely closing it.

Wouldn't it be fun if in their next episode, one of them got accidentally flung into the future and gets to see their friends as old people?
(Cue a backwards Weeping Angels style Dr Who episode...)

Wouldn't it be fun if in their next episode, one of them got accidentally flung into the future and gets to see their friends as old people?
(Cue a backwards Weeping Angels style Dr Who episode...)
I think of it involved Satoshi and the others TR would've probably passed by then... :(

It sure has been a long time since the last Malamar subplot and I assume there won't be any more episodes with them in it since the XY-XY&Z series is getting closer to the end.

The TF climax, Kalos League and departure, just like the previous series, don't happen back to back. There are some coold down episodes with fillers or other plots, so if the Malamar Trio doesn't appear with TF, it can easily be shoved right before the XYZ end.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom