• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Requirement to unlock National Dex in new games revealed

Doesn't surprise me simply because every single revelation about Diamond and Pearl appears to be out to screw the Pokecharms Generation Transition Challenge by placing more obstacles in front of it. :/

Doesn't necessarily BOTHER me that much though. With the Global Trading Centre, it should be a BREEZE to get any Pokemon you need to complete the dex.

I'm willing to trade Parukia for Diaruga, and then back. XD

Well, it's entirely possible the SHinou Dex includes a TON of oldies, especially if the 90% thing is real.

What he said.

I won't mind this so much if it's possible to complete the Shin'ou dex without having to attend a special event only held in big cities.

The unobtainables are never counted as part of completing the region's Pokedex. And, like I said, any of those will be flooding the Global Trading Centre, either obtained 'legally' or haxxed along with pretty much every single other Pokemon.

They could've done that by keeping it until we beat the Elite 4, like in previous games.

Wholeheartedly concurred. Or they could have kept this Shin'ou-Dex-first requirement and then let it be a simple transfer from the GBA without this inane re-capturing business. That we can transfer at all saves us money, but it may be *just * annoying enough to warrant buying the inevitable companion 4th-gen games... :drowsy:

Well, it's entirely possible the SHinou Dex includes a TON of oldies, especially if the 90& thing is real.

Could very well be. Considering that, I'm starting to think the Shin'ou Dex may contain well over 200, and if that's the case, then it will be a pain in the ass just to get the National Dex, and by extension Pal Park... :-/

I'm wondering, though, how many will be in the Shinou Pokédex. If it's 200, like Hoenn, that shouldn't be too bad - but I get the impression the National number might go up this generation, with so many monsters new and old to play with and what appears to be a larger region than usual...

What if it's 250, or 300? @_@

Some of us have stuff like college to deal with, too. !_!

Aww......

Man, this really sucks for me, because I've never completed ANY Pokedex in my games (neither the regular or National Dex). X_X

Although, thanks having the game XD: Gale of Darkness and transferring all those Pokemon over to my Emerald version, I now have 197 Pokemon in my National Dex. That's a major accomplishment for me, because I've never had that many Pokemon before. ^^

So what's this Global Trading thing? I thought trading was Friends Code Onry!!

Actually, a while back, I started a thread about the online worldwide battling/trading thing, and apprently you don't even need a Friend Code for that! All you have to do is go up to the Battle Tower or something!

That sounds so awesome!!!! ^_^

Aww......

Man, this really sucks for me, because I've never completed ANY Pokedex in my games (neither the regular or National Dex). X_X

Although, thanks having the game XD: Gale of Darkness and transferring all those Pokemon over to my Emerald version, I now have 197 Pokemon in my National Dex. That's a major accomplishment for me, because I've never had that many Pokemon before. ^^

I completed my old Dex in the Red version, but only by using a cheat device (Game Genie) and all I got was a lousy diploma.

The only thing I have to say is:

piakchu.jpg

I like a good challenge like that, because I almost always forget the true goal of the Pokemon games. It turns on my video game player spirit! :D

since i am a hacker i don't think i care ^^
otherwise i'd be really pissed now

i spot a big flaw with this idea. i mean, more power to gamefreak for wanting to make us get a feel for the new pokes, but by the time the english versions are released, i GUARANTEE that someone in Japan will have already completed the Shin'ou dex and will have oldies blasted all across cyberspace with Wi-Fi. Not to mention haxxors.

Sheesh...

I should have said this earlier, but, my god! I blame you for this bad news Unkown Lord :p (JK)

(edit: I guess I should add to cross my fingers for Cacnea, sandshrew, and stabyle)

Last edited:
Well, aside from Pokemon we know to have add-on evolutions/babies - do we know of any other oldies appearing? I know that we can expect Wurmple and Pikachu, but I don't remember if any other oldies have been confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom