• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Fake scans like this emerge from time to time. You can always tell if they fake.

Funny how no one ever has 'good' quality pictures of anything. Actually even the real scan leaks tend to be bad quality...

I don't understand fake leakers.

You spend all that time designing and drawing new Pokemon and player characters (sometimes, not always, in quite faithful Sugimori style), and making the magazine layout look professional (I worked on a magazine in college - layout is NOT as simple as it looks), and faking 3DS screenshots...and then you screw up on basic Japanese!? LOL priorities, guys.

I enjoyed this "leak"; it's given us more to talk about than the real CoroCoro likely will! The trainer design is AWESOME - I didn't like them at first, but the more I stared at them the more they grew on me. And I'm very attached to the little blue lizard. I dislike the red panda, though; it looks like a Care Bear >.>

I've seen much, much worse starters than those three, I wouldn't have been totally disappointed if they had been real. Though I agree that another Grass goat straight after Skiddo and Gogoat would be an odd choice (even thought goats are one of my favourite animals - so a goat of another type one would be fine with me). I would like a bear starter at some point if only to have a three stage bear line rather than the two stage pattern we have currently.

I've seen much, much worse starters than those three, I wouldn't have been totally disappointed if they had been real. Though I agree that another Grass goat straight after Skiddo and Gogoat would be an odd choice (even thought goats are one of my favourite animals - so a goat of another type one would be fine with me).
I'd definitely go for another goat as well (ibex!), though definitely not a Grass-type one (maybe Rock?).

Too bad they are probably fake. The starters looked very very cool and I also very like both protagonists and their unique look.

But I remember sawing a similiar water starter before. And the pants + socks of the female protagonist also look like Zinnia's.

I missed all the hubbub about the "scan"...

But yeah the trainer designs look amazing in my opinion. It's really sorta disturbing how far leakers will go to make their stuff look convincing for really nothing in return. But leaks are all another part of the ride so it's fine. :LOL:

Last edited:
The Grass and Water starters look pretty generic, but I definitely want that Fire bear. The Player character designs are interesting, though the female player looks like a gender-swapped version of the male player, but hey, at least the male player doesn't look like a Red clone. The legendary silhouettes looked pretty cool as well.

It's too bad these were fake, because I wanted to have these all be real.

Last edited:
Those starters look completely adorable. I wouldn't have even minded having two goat Pokemon lines in a row with that little starter. The Water starter looks especially cute and the Totodile vibes probably gives it an edge. The Legendary Pokemon look cool and both of the trainers look great. I like the female trainer more, possibly due to her hair or her outfit, but they both have solid designs. That is one of the downsides to fake information. We get some really cool designs and it turns out to be fake. These are definitely some of the better fake designs I've seen in awhile. It's a shame that none of it is real though. And another month of waiting begins.

There's two more but they are too big to upload, gimme a sec.

Lol. I saw a few people call these "good" fakes as if they looked real, which left me scratching my head since they looked off to me the instant I saw them.

I didn't mean to be condescending: I just thought the playable characters had odd facial features and that the Starter artwork didn't match the usual art style, so I just felt that their legitimacy was very questionable. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I admit that they're pretty good as far as fakes go. But if they were going to believable they probably wouldn't have gone with a grass goat after we actually got one or obviously traced over some pre-existing pokemon. Not to mention the art style for the trainers seems to be a little off too clean not anime enough, the faces also don't match Serena's or Calem's .

When you've been around since the Pokegods or at least Gen III and their weird boobie-legged weasel you acquire a set of skills. Skills that are only right 98% of the time due to Wottergate and Hawlucha...but skills none the less.

I admit that they're pretty good as far as fakes go. But if they were going to believable they probably wouldn't have gone with a grass goat after we actually got one or obviously traced over some pre-existing pokemon. Not to mention the art style for the trainers seems to be a little off too clean not anime enough, the faces also don't match Serena's or Calem's .

When you've been around since the Pokegods or at least Gen III and their weird boobie-legged weasel you acquire a set of skills. Skills that are only right 98% of the time due to Wottergate and Hawlucha...but skills none the less.

I don't recall any boobie-legged weasel, but I am familiar with the Pokegods, Wottergate, and Hawlucha back when people believed the Unova evolutions and Hawlucha were fake leaks. These fakes here were actually pretty well made that I was convinced that they were real, though the Pokemon themselves actually looked like actual Pokemon that could exist, the trainers do look a bit off, especially since the outfits are a bit unconventional for player character outfits.

After looking at the leaks, I could see that at one point the bear is called Bozukuma, but at another point, it is called Buzokuma. Even if the appearance would look real, inconsistencies such as this can prove leaks like these fake.

I don't recall any boobie-legged weasel, but I am familiar with the Pokegods, Wottergate, and Hawlucha back when people believed the Unova evolutions and Hawlucha were fake leaks. These fakes here were actually pretty well made that I was convinced that they were real, though the Pokemon themselves actually looked like actual Pokemon that could exist, the trainers do look a bit off, especially since the outfits are a bit unconventional for player character outfits.

Really late in gold and silver right after the vague hints of a new gen started to show up, the first fakes since the poke gods started showing up. Three of them were put out by pokemonadobe for April fools. One of them was
fake6.gif

Many people just started calling it boob dog or boobie weasel.

But back to topic, these were a lot better than most of the recent fakes. I mean they went as far as to make their own textures and models just to fool people instead of using either drawings, sprites, or Iggy from jjba. But at the same time the art was too clean and didn't match up with the official art. It's apparent whoever made these put in a lot of effort, but at the same time they overlooked a bunch of small details that made it less believable.

While I do admit that the trainer designs look noting like the Sugimori style, I do like how the trainers not only look older than how they usually are, but they look more like teens/young adults than the usual bright and energetic looking pre-teens we normally get. The outfits on the trainers look non-traditional as well as opposed to how the main character's outfits usually look in a Pokemon game, as they look a lot more realistic as to how someone in real life would dress if they were going on an adventure, when we usually get protagonists more colorful outfits that you wouldn't really see anyone wear in real life. I like how the trainers here look more realistic, wearing the kind of outfits you'd most likely see a Pokemon trainer wear in real life as opposed to how they look in the actual franchise.

It's as if whoever made this leak made a more realistic approach to the player designs rather than using the traditional design aspects of the player characters, but it's most likely that the way the canon protagonists look is that they'll likely use the same design aspects we always see in player characters: a red hat and blue/black shirt for the male protagonist with black colored pants, and will probably look similar to Red in appearance (like it's been for three generations in a row), while the female most likely has a pink and black/white outfit and a short dress/skirt with long white socks. It would be nice if they broke that pattern for once.

For one, I'm glad the goat fake is fake. Not even Game Freak is dumb enough to create a second grass goat Pokemon that is nearly identical to Gogoat. That was the biggest tip off. The water crocodile also didn't look quite as convincing.

Literally the only fake I liked about it was the fire bear. Though it did look similar to Honoguma, the prototype Pokemon. All in all, this fake "leak" wasn't even trying.

Back
Top Bottom