• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S07 EP04: A Togepi Mirage!

... I fully went into this storyline expecting to dislike it. To me, it felt a little trite to drag a former main character out for a silly little two-partner, then send them back on their merry way. And, of course, having that character be Misty, and having the story focus on Togepi, of all things, didn't help.

So it was a nice surprise to get a set of nicely-done episodes. Hm.

Hoenn's getting better, regarding the parting scenes. They're much better than any of Ash's farewell-scenes, being that they're not as overdone. It's harder to feel emotional, when you're trying to ignore a cheesy vocal song in the background. =/ Meanwhile, this was very simple, very powerful, and much more effective at getting the emotion across. Whoosh.

Gyarados. <3 So happy it wasn't something like that bloody Goldeen.

So yeah. Lovely set of episodes. That's how Misty should have been, when she was hanging around as a main character, and I'm glad she got a chance to really come through in these two eps. Shame Togetic had to leave just when it was getting interesting/useful/cool. ^^; But it's not like we would have seen it again very often, even if it had stayed. So, eh.

You know, you never realize just how much you miss seeing Brock get dragged around by his ear. ;_;

Wow. That definitely was the best AG episode so far.

I started laughing when James asked Hansen, "Can I be a prince?" because knowing 4Kids, I half-expected them to make him say "princess" instead.

We can add another Pokemon to the tiny list of those who keep their Japanese voices in AG...

I would have to add that Not only was this a great show, but the natural back drop was just spectacular!!!!

(huh??)

Ok I'll tell you what I mean. As I was watching all the dramatic stuff, Hansen taking control of the kingdom, the distressed Togepi found under the rotten forest outside my house was this torrential rain that got heavier and heavier. This made me feel almost a part of the show. Coincidentally enough, around the end when everything was resolved the rain stopped and the sun came out!!!!!... Man I think this will be my favorite epi. for many to come.

This is random, but I don't know where else to put it.

Did anyone else notice that the dub OP has Blastoise's chin colored the right color even though the Japanese OP had it colored blue? Or did the Japanese OP get fixed after the first one?

Please note: The thread is from 20 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom