• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP22: A Full Course Tag Battle!

Is Beautifly voiced by Rachael? I'm still pissed Aipom, Dustox and Cacnea are in the dub OP.

W/e happened to that Piplup necklace?

Glaceon kept it's JP voice w00t.

This episode was pretty good. I lol'd hard when Jessie says "Is that the sound of an obsolete twerp I hear?"

I'm not sure, but I think Beautifly was voiced by Michele Knotz. Also, it looks like Dawn is a tiny bit taller than May, kind of. It could just be her boots though.

"Princess of Hoenn"? :p Max wants to be like Brock now? So May's been getting pwned by Drew and Harley in Johto. Holy snap, May suddenly got kickbutt. I've never seen Girafarig use it's tail head. Interesting ep.

Iwane=excellent like today.

So TR just has to be hungry while watching, heh.

And Brock just has to tell Dawn about talking to May about her loss. What a nice friend

And of course, Ash is hungry too lol.

Wow, Brock'big man' Ash isn't freaking two, man.

And those two are pathetic against Ash and Brock.

Yay for TR just continuing to eat without any problems.

But boo for repeated mottos by TR.

And goddamn that music for their battle was awesome.

I like how Ash and May still kept their ribbons.

Good exciting episode, a bit more than the last one.

Nice to see Max is hard at work.

That maitre'd looks a lot like Mr. Contesta.

I missed Munchlax so bad.

Again with the fire/water fusion.

All in all, one of the best in the Diamond and Pearl series...in my opinion, anyway.

Last edited:
Not a bad episode. I really liked that scene with Ash and May holding up their ribbons =) And the animation seemed better than last week's.

Music was really good in this episode too. PUSA kept ELEVEN pieces! I'll go through a run-down:

- the mini flashback to May
- when May introduces the restaurant to the group
- when the group arrives at the battlefield
- the pre-battle music between Ash/Brock and Roman/Kylie
- the actual battle music
- the pre-battle music between May/Dawn and Roman/Kylie
- the music when Pikachu and Munchlax reunite
- Team Rocket's secret strategy as the trio is pigging out
- the Team Rocket motto
- MAY'S THEME WOW (gives you some hope for the next episode...)
- that one route theme at the end of the episode

And there was another really long moment of silence, as well as a couple bits here and there. 11 pieces is especially good considering the highest this season has kept thus far is 8. And there was some nice PUSA music too!

Did anyone else catch Ed Paul's name in the credits? He was the voice of Tracey and Giovanni in the 4Kids dub!

XD Oh my god, TR got some of the best lines~! From James' "I like being on the rocks." to their two lines on May's return after they've been caught. Those

Definite SPshipping hints (Dawn's "What happened to our princess?" cemented it). The chica chica hoyay was everywhere~ They got in sync FAST, or did you not notice their "Ice Beam, both of you!" line (ooo, I loved that bit, all implications aside), meaning they were paying attention to each other mutually. That is awesome~

Kylie and Roman...now who's pwnd, Bulbapedia personages who said it COULDN'T BE! XD

So is Kylie's Munchlax nicknamed Munchie, or was that just an on-the-spot petname to differentiate tween the two?

And a Tucker reference! :D As vague as it was!

"It's Beautifly!" "It's beautiful!" Yeah, no kidding, Dawn. :p

Looks like Dawn's something of a May fangirl after all, what with her specially requesting to have a tag battle and stuff like that. I love the "Princess of Hoenn" nickname May's picked up.

I agree with Brock; what in the world are the boys supposed to do with those wood carvings?

Looks like we got another possible future career for Max: Pokémon Breeder. So all he gets is a split-second silent cameo, without even a new outfit? Pff. No love for Max.

Did Brock just call Ash "big boy"? o.o' What in the world. His crush on Ash just becomes more and more blatant. ;P

Looks like Ash and Brock are going to have another full-length tag battle...! Or not. OHKOs? That hardly ever happens. Oh, looks like May and Dawn will have one now...! Or not! That made up for it later, though.

A gourmet restaurant only has one fridge of food to prepare...?

May's theme in the dub? No way! :eek: Maybe it was just because my volume was low, but I couldn't hear it very well.

Girafarig using it tail to bite is crazy-awesome. I was always wondering how it could use Bite with its seemingly toothless mouth.

Lol, I was like "The fusion of fire and water again!?" when that came up. I felt so smart for remembering the name when everyone started talking about.

Like the half-ribbons being mentioned again. Just realized that Ash has momentos of most of his friends on him: that half of a broken Pokéball for Gary, one of Misty's lures, and that half ribbon.

Last edited:
This was a pretty good episode, story-wise. I liked how May came back, and they visited the restaurant from the games! ^^

But sadly, poor May.... To be honest, that's all I can say. =(
(PM me, if you wanna know why I'm disappointed with the quality of this episode)

Wow! Ted Lews was in this episode? That's awesome! =D

I thought the name Ed Paul sounded familiar. So that must be one of Ted Paul's pseudonyms. That's interesting.

I love Watashi Makenai. I was happy they placed that. Who did Ted Lewis voiced on today's episode?

Oh my god they kept 11 pieces and may's theme !

However its kinda hard to keep it up because in the next episode there is

Battle Frontier with Jap. vocals which plays during Ash's appeal
May's Theme with Jap.vocals which plays during May's appeal
Dawn's Theme with Jap.vocals which plays during Dawn's appeal.

anyway, Way to go PUSA. this is how it should be done!

As for the episode, it was really good dubbed with the music and all. And may's outbursts were funny

Last edited:
Wait, just so we're clear, exactly how much is VA talk banned? Is it just for opinions, or absolutely any mentions? Me no wanna get in trouble...

So they can use the word 'die' in a non literal sense? How did May know Buneary could use ice beam? The Ash/Brock TB should have been longer. I think they dubbed Fuwante (Drifloon) for some reason. Why is CN showing (crappy) live action movies?!

Wait, just so we're clear, exactly how much is VA talk banned? Is it just for opinions, or absolutely any mentions? Me no wanna get in trouble...

Basically, VA-related facts are ok, opinions are not.

Ahh, good ol' facts; my specialty!

But I guess I'll have to see the episode myself later...

Not a bad episode. I really liked that scene with Ash and May holding up their ribbons =) And the animation seemed better than last week's.

Music was really good in this episode too. PUSA kept ELEVEN pieces! I'll go through a run-down:

- the mini flashback to May
- when May introduces the restaurant to the group
- when the group arrives at the battlefield
- the pre-battle music between Ash/Brock and Roman/Kylie
- the actual battle music
- the pre-battle music between May/Dawn and Roman/Kylie
- the music when Pikachu and Munchlax reunite
- Team Rocket's secret strategy as the trio is pigging out
- the Team Rocket motto
- MAY'S THEME WOW (gives you some hope for the next episode...)
- that one route theme at the end of the episode

And there was another really long moment of silence, as well as a couple bits here and there. 11 pieces is especially good considering the highest this season has kept thus far is 8. And there was some nice PUSA music too!

Did anyone else catch Ed Paul's name in the credits? He was the voice of Tracey and Giovanni in the 4Kids dub!

You forgot the piece where the two munchlax are togethger

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom