• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S17 EP04: A Shockingly Cheeky Friendship!

All I can say about this Episode is that, it's Pretty Boring IMO, Bonnie IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING but I will Give her some Credit because she was NOT Like "I WANT Dedenne RIGHT THIS SECOND!" when Pikachu was Missing. The Cartoon Cat Wrote this Episode, Team Rocket was annoying but Meowth Can't Read Electricity was Funny.

Overral a 5.4/10 VERY Boring I at least thought.

--Begin rant--

Alright, we all knew what Serena's starter is gonna be. But come on! i mean, seriously, As a grass-type lover i am very offended at this. Why nobody takes the grass starter?
We got what? 6 generations of pokemon and the only semi important characters -of whoose, 1 character development was dropped mid series- to get a grass starter was the jerk (Trip) and the meanie (Paul).
The only other trainer i know who chose grass starter was Casey. (was there any other?) And Max gets an honorable mention for teasing May with "I would have gotten treecko for sure" sort of line..
I don't know what's so great about Water starters that hug all the screen time (Piplup, oshowatt and I'm gonna bet froakie too.) and fire types that get picked as the starter by Ash's companions..
Although, to be fair, All Grass starters got great development under ash's wings.

--End rant--

This episode was okay, Not as great but had it's moments.

I just want to start saying that it so awesome that Bonnie got a pokemon. I mean max never even got close and within 4 episodes Bonnie has a pokemon that suits her so freakin well. Also Clemonts invention really had an air of genius and I hope he gets to be an expert at science, which seems to be one of his true passions. Furthermore I love how Ash is becoming like an older brother to Bonnie already, and I love the fact that Clemont and Ash are bros. I cant wait to find if their relationship becomes a real bromance. If it does I hope that it is a unque relationship from brock and cilans realtionship with Ash. Also i am so glad that Bonnies cuteness has carried over to the english dub, cause she makes me want a little sis just like her.
Top 3 best things
Bonnie is awesome throughout the episode
It took pikachus and deddennes electric attacks and did not faint, jut got blown away
Every character showed great effection for either their pokemon of a a friend
This was sinply a terrific episode and watching it made me smile, laugh, and have fun, seriously great job writers!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom