• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP14: The Dex Can't Help It!

LOVED this episode! Probably my favorite filler in Alola so far, WASH!!!! I thought it was pretty neat how Rotom’s voice changed its pitch whenever he entered a new appliance. And the animation was great, WASH!!!

Welp, guess I was wrong about OluOlu’s VA seeing how he doesn’t speak again.

This episode was great. I love Rotom-Dex so much. He's so adorable in everything does, from using the Pokemon sleeping as an opportunity for a photoshoot, to bragging about being able to take care of the house by himself. Speaking of which, what kind of moron was that delivery man? The washer is supposed to go to the Pokemon Center and somehow he drops it off at a house? Clearly the communication was off somewhere :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, this episode was super cute. It was hilarious watching Rotom get passed from machine to machine to try to ask for help, only to fail in the end. It was really nice to see how enthusiastic he is about being a Pokedex and doing is his job correctly. Ugh, I love him so much :X3: I also found it nice how they managed to fit every one of Ash's classmates into this episode and connect the to the other Rotom appliances.

Also, I was shook at Wash Rotom-dex actually recognizing Marshadow as a legendary Pokemon. Like...how would he know that? o_O

Really great episode overall.

If OLM can remove things like Z-Move names and whatnot then they should also be manly enough to add things to the show as well.

Or! TPCI could be "manly enough" to upload these post-credit scenes on their YouTube channel, or on Pokemon.com, or to slap them on the DVD releases.

Does Burnett live with Kukui and Ash now? cool. I guess Ash is like their "kid" now lol. Hope that doesn't cause any problems in their marriage, kids can sure cause that.

A Pokemon is allowed to sign for stuff lol? weird. I guess that clearly IS a washing machine for a potential Rotom Wash... we getting OU now lads. Although I thought it'd be a generic washer, not one that actually looks like Rotom. I recall that's how it works in games and that one filler episode back in gen 4.

Damn you only have to touch a logo to sign for stuff? if only it was that easy.

OH IT'S ALREADY POSSESSED. That explains it. But I feel like the delivery guy should've known that lol, I guess he just thought they like weird looking washers. Now I guess we'll see all the Rotoms. Maybe ours will join in!

Ash's Pokemon sure do like to get in troubl-wait my point is back. The Rotom left the washer and it still has that orange appearance XD can only assume the different Rotoms are now in the wrong thing. Also, reminds me now of back in the day when we all thought Rotom was Legendary due to only one and it uses Legendary battle music for no reason.

Pikachu defeated itself. Does that still give Pikachu EXP?

Lmao, how do you deliver something to the wrong house? I mean, I did once accidentally put the wrong address when sending something but that was my fault, not theirs. Luckily the guy called and I was like "your neighbour got it" and no one questioned it saying the wrong number. (I think I got them the wrong way round lol, so like 12 instead of 21 etc). Still though, fire that guy and Machoke.

They don't notice it saying "Wash" lol? its not hard to put two and two together.

WHY CAN OUR ROTOM STILL TALK?! unless that's his thoughts BUT STILL.

So how do you confuse Kukui's house for the frickin Pokemon Centre? also it's still orange. Nurse Joy has weird tastes.

Also, why do the Rotom sound different? I thought it was using "Text to speech", shouldn't that make them sound the same?

You know, I don't actually know which twin is which. This was also the case for twins I knew for a few years. I just asked EVERY time which was which, then just gave them both the same nickname to make it less awkward. For me. I'm dumb.

Now there's no doubt IT IS talking, since it's yelling for help through the TV. This makes no sense lol

"Just in time for the culprit to be revealed". I dont think I'd care since I hadn't seen the rest of the episode lol. And Rotom sure doesn't know how TV works huh? youre not in those shows lol.

Marshadow?! imagine it brought that non canon movie Ash with it.

Convenient orange Lawn Mower.

Not sure dancing whilst Lille is about to die is a good idea lol. Just call the attack ffs lmao.

So many orange appliances.

Rotom's are such trolls in Pokemon. I'd hate to live in a region theyre in lol. They'd break your laptop/Xbox etc.

CONVENIENT ORANGE FRIDGE! Alola sure does love orange stuff. Also weird how he's only ending up at friend houses, not random houses.

Woooooo Blizzard, we saw Rotom use a move! ...unless Bulbapedia doesn't count this just like those Lusamine Pokemon.

I'm sad that Rotom didnt say "Rotom, the best Pokemon ever. No Pokemon compares, it is even better than Arceus."

That's one weird "bubblebeam" Ash. Also, I don't trust Ash when using Thunderbolt in Pokemon centres. He blew one up last time.

Jigglypuff gonna be in the background I guess?

Dammit Ash, stop trying to destroy Pokemon centres, they're here to help us!

...IT CAN LITERALLY POSSESS A BUILDING? buildings are made of electric in Pokemon? weird lol

Pretty funny episode, though a little too convenient with that Electric stuff and also, I'm not sure if Rotom could talk or not :L

edit: so there's extra scenes in the Japanese? what happened? I find Rotom being stuck in the building funnier anyway, not like shows ending with funny stuff like that then never being shown fixing it or mentioning ever again by the next episode doesn't happen all the time

Or! TPCI could be "manly enough" to upload these post-credit scenes on their YouTube channel, or on Pokemon.com, or to slap them on the DVD releases.
Unfortunately that would require them to put more money into the anime then they'd like so the chances of that ever happening are next to none. If they can't even be bothered to buy more of the original soundtrack besides the title card music then what makes you think that they'd ever do that?

WHY CAN OUR ROTOM STILL TALK?! unless that's his thoughts BUT STILL.

Now there's no doubt IT IS talking, since it's yelling for help through the TV. This makes no sense lol
Actually, he CAN'T talk. You can see it when he's in the washing machine and Ash can't understand him. It's just his thoughts we're hearing.
edit: so there's extra scenes in the Japanese? what happened? I find Rotom being stuck in the building funnier anyway, not like shows ending with funny stuff like that then never being shown fixing it or mentioning ever again by the next episode doesn't happen all the time
In the extra scene, Pikachu shocks Rotom out of the building, and it returns to the Dex.

Funny, this episode seems better in english. I especially like the other Rotom's "WASH!"

Timsworld said:
Unfortunately that would require them to put more money into the anime then they'd like so the chances of that ever happening are next to none. If they can't even be bothered to buy more of the original soundtrack besides the title card music then what makes you think that they'd ever do that?

I don't. But that's not my point.

My point is that there *are* ways for TPCI to bring the PokeProblem segments over to the West. They just don't. And TPCI's stinginess is in no way a problem that's up to the Japanese version to "fix."

Wow, a Rotom Dex focus episode? Let's see how it goes...

Huh, so the school was dismissed so that Kukui could have a shopping trip... Oof! :rolleyes::p

Rotom the best housesitter LMAO? :rolleyes::D

So, Rotom inhabits the washing machine, while the other Rotom becomes Rotom Dex. Interesting! I wish to see where this goes. :X3:

Not sure how one puts stuff inside a Wash Rotom. It's a Pokémon after all; that shouldn't be practically possible. Then again it's the anime we are talking about, so... yeah! :rolleyes:

Okay, so it's in Lana's house. Good seeing Harper and Sarah again. (y) LOL'd at their rivalry over the "fan". Been there, done that! :p:LOL:

Rotom getting swayed by the television shows LOL.

IT'S MARSHADOW!!! :eek:(y):X3::X3::X3:

Uh, Hobbes, Revelation Dance was doubly not very effective... on Mow Rotom. You should have known better...

Poor Sophocles! Dammit he just wanted some ice cream. :p

Guess Rotom finally accepts his fate! :LOL:

Yay, the two Rotom have returned to their respective roles. I'm glad. (y) Now hopefully Nurse Joy doesn't treat the Wash Rotom the way she did earlier. :eek:

No, Pokémon Center Rotom is no form. NOT RELEVANT!

Overall, this was a pretty fun episode to watch. It did have its humorous moments; I definitely enjoyed watching it. I'll give it a 9/10.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom