• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sabotageshipping (Wallace/Winona/Steven)

stumbles into room hello fellow sabotageshipper who is definitely not the reason i got into sabotageshipping not at all why do you ask believe it or not i am also a sabotageshipper

i love wallace and steven and winona and i love them together so

• Staff
stumbles into room hello fellow sabotageshipper who is definitely not the reason i got into sabotageshipping not at all why do you ask believe it or not i am also a sabotageshipper
hehehe my influence spreads across Bulbagarden forums... :bulbaLol:

i love wallace and steven and winona and i love them together so
Based :yay:

NNNGH they're so perfect
steven is literally my kindred spirit... the power of Rock Hyperfixations truly is something to behold... and he's just so pure. and his design slaps.
and wallace i love wallace. he is so fabulous. and i have so much respect for him, going from this guy running a gym in a crater to becoming the champion of a region as large as hoenn. not to mention establishing himself as one of the strongest trainers in the world WHILE restraining himself to working exclusively with one type..,,, i think people sleep on his canonical power (at least in the games? i don't know very much about the anime or manga), lore-wise what he's done is extremely impressive. (and of course, one can't forget his adorable cousin!)
and WINONA shes been my favorite hoenn gym leader ever since i first played the game... her personality and mannerisms feel so unique and authentic to me. i think my favorite post-game gym leader interaction is when she's standing on top of that building, feeling the wind in her hair... someone comments on what she's doing, talking about how they think it's weird and dangerous, but i thought it was really awesome, how you can tell she really didn't care what people thought and just wanted to take some time to do something she enjoyed. and i don't blame her. i love windy days.
wow this rant was terrible i'm sorry, whenever i talk about characters i like my brain turns off and my mouth goes on autopilot...

• Staff
NNNGH they're so perfect
steven is literally my kindred spirit... the power of Rock Hyperfixations truly is something to behold... and he's just so pure. and his design slaps.
and wallace i love wallace. he is so fabulous. and i have so much respect for him, going from this guy running a gym in a crater to becoming the champion of a region as large as hoenn. not to mention establishing himself as one of the strongest trainers in the world WHILE restraining himself to working exclusively with one type..,,, i think people sleep on his canonical power (at least in the games? i don't know very much about the anime or manga), lore-wise what he's done is extremely impressive. (and of course, one can't forget his adorable cousin!)
and WINONA shes been my favorite hoenn gym leader ever since i first played the game... her personality and mannerisms feel so unique and authentic to me. i think my favorite post-game gym leader interaction is when she's standing on top of that building, feeling the wind in her hair... someone comments on what she's doing, talking about how they think it's weird and dangerous, but i thought it was really awesome, how you can tell she really didn't care what people thought and just wanted to take some time to do something she enjoyed. and i don't blame her. i love windy days.
wow this rant was terrible i'm sorry, whenever i talk about characters i like my brain turns off and my mouth goes on autopilot...
no it's okay I'm glad someone likes the characters I like too it makes me happy :bulbaLove:

(Lowkey Steven might have been what led my to realizing I was autistic)

They're such good characters and together...... there is so much untapped potential with them as a trio. I must..... chart this

no it's okay I'm glad someone likes the characters I like too it makes me happy :bulbaLove:

(Lowkey Steven might have been what led my to realizing I was autistic)

They're such good characters and together...... there is so much untapped potential with them as a trio. I must..... chart this
1. YAAAAAY im glad i made you happy (i'm happy too!!!)
2. SOMEONE WHO GETS IT steven is an autistic icon and i love him
3. SOMEONE WHO GETS IT 2: electric boogaloo (no but for real. they're perfect for each other)

• Staff
Where did the ship name come from? Why are they "sabotage?"
...A good question.

Afaik, there were only two SabotageShipping images I could find around the time I first got into the online fandom space (both on tumblr, both seemingly uncredited Japanese fanart). I was also babey around the time of RSE, so I can't really tell... why the name "SabotageShipping"?

(I just did a search of results for sabotageshipping before 2011 and then 2017 and got... no new information.)

the absolute best explanation i can come up with is that wallace and winona are/were canonically dating, but wallace x steven is the more popular ship... which is steven sabotaging winona maybe?? and then winona said, "fuck this, i'm dating them both," which sabotages the audience's expectations of her being angry or upset. and wallace sabotaged the audience as well when he became the champion in emerald, subverting the expectations of... probably millions of players... yeah actually i have nothing.

the absolute best explanation i can come up with is that wallace and winona are/were canonically dating, but wallace x steven is the more popular ship... which is steven sabotaging winona maybe?? and then winona said, "fuck this, i'm dating them both," which sabotages the audience's expectations of her being angry or upset. and wallace sabotaged the audience as well when he became the champion in emerald, subverting the expectations of... probably millions of players... yeah actually i have nothing.
From what I can gather, I think that’s the case (either Steven sabotaging Wallace/Winona or Winona sabotaging Wallace/Steven). Sadly, shipping history from that time period is fuzzy, but I’ve been asking some other people around the time for more details.

My current interpretation of SabotageShipping is “sabotaging all cis-het-mononormative expectations”, because yes, and that’s the only reason I need

Irrefutable proof of them

IMG_6221.png

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom