• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Saddam Hussein is Dead. Discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

<b>The Walrus</b>
Reaction score
Edit: Saddam Hussein is dead. Discuss whatever will happen next which seems to be already in progress.

Last edited:
I hope this gets televised for obvious reasons =P

And in 24 hours and one minute, Iraq will OFFICIALLY be Hell on Earth.

It will probably be on the internet or something, but I'm not sure we'll see it on TV.

But I don't think it's a good idea. If we kill him, then he becomes a martyr. If we kept him alive, he would just be an old guy in prison that yells a lot.

His execution will probably end up on YouTube. An MSNBC article mentioned that Saddam was happy to die a martyr, and not languish in prison. Besides, who'd foot the bill for his food and shelter until he dies of old age?

Apparently we have an official time for Hussein's execution: 10 PM Eastern time.

Source.

But his lawyers are rushing to get an appeal.

Apparently we have an official time for Hussein's execution: 10 PM Eastern time.

Source.

But his lawyers are rushing to get an appeal.

I kind of hope they do get an appeal. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY pro-death penalty. I just think we'll be doing more harm to ourselves by killing him than just leaving him in jail.

Ordinarily, I strongly oppose capital punishment -- even for serial killers.

However, I believe there is one circumstance where it is justified, and that is killing murderous dictators. It is one thing to kill a person, it is another to kill hundreds(or was it thousands or even more? I'm not sure...) and dominate 20 million, simply because one has the guns and the secret police onside.

Let the bastard swing.

(Still not worth the war, though. Probably won't help matters. But yay, at least the bastard's dying.)

CNN's saying that one of the Iraqi television stations is announcing he was executed ten minutes ago. Evidence forthcoming.

Good news for Hussein: They dropped the genocide charges. Fifteen minutes after he died.

I'd laugh if America actually became the target of an Iraqi led terrorist attack after this.

At least then there'd actually be one to blame on the Iraqis this time around.

Shoulda just left him to rot in prison, all you've done is got yourselves deeper into a big shithole you wont be able to climb out of.

newT1.obit.saddam.hussein.jpg

I wonder how far in advance CNN does these things. Almost looks like they're mourning him.

And apparently Dearborn, Michigan has erupted in cheers. Dearborn, Michigan. Something...odd about that.

Hey, I have a brilliant idea!

Let's execute the former leader of a Sunni nation, right before a major Muslim holiday, and turn him into a martyr so as to have more of our troops murdered!

Oh, wait, never mind.

- Trip

newT1.obit.saddam.hussein.jpg

I wonder how far in advance CNN does these things. Almost looks like they're mourning him.

This is exactly what I was talking about. A martyr already.

And WTF? They dropped the charges 15 minutes after he died? Way to go. Way. To. F*cking. Go.

Some bad shit is about to go down my friends.

Well, I know, but it still seems kind of pointless by now.

They just said that the execution was taped and still photographs were taken and will be released shortly. Anderson Cooper says they won't show us anything too graphic. Which means...only what happened right before the execution.

Last edited:
So long.

Did they say what they're going to do with his body?

They should feed it to a hungry Munchlax...

...although I'm not sure even a Snorlax could stomach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom