• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Scarlet/Violet DLC

Are we remembering the same trailer? Because I vagely remember the first announcement being nothing but a 30 second collage of production art and no gameplay. At least they cared enough to put in some production this time then just pictures and beta footage.
You're misremembering this slightly. The initial trailer didn't have gameplay either, it just had concept art that showed some of the areas, Pokemon, and characters that will appear. We got more trailers later on that confirmed gameplay details such as Dynamax Adventures. Here's the SwSh Expansion Pass reveal trailer for comparison:

Also keep in mind that these DLC packs are launching later than SwSh's, with the first pack not coming until the Fall whereas IoA launched in June. So they have more time to reveal that kind of content. We'll probably get the kind of concrete details you're looking for in May/June as we typically do for new games.

this is why i said "iirc" =P. but in my defense... in that trailer that bolt strike linked, there actually was gameplay. nothing extensive, mind, and like, a tiny bit of it in 1:38 and 2:50, respectively. but that's being rather pedantic to your overall point so that's fair. i thought swsh's dlc trailers might've had a bit more substance to them than sv's, but imo they're.... about the same? swsh's leans a lot more into the character artwork side of things that we're to be expecting, but otherwise the reveals seem pretty similar.

I wonder if they are trying to appeal to the Japanese fandom with the DLC. I remember there being a lot of complaints in Japan that SV was yet another game not set in Japan.

Perhaps this is how they will introduce the Hisuian forms? What happened to the time travel element anyway? Neither of the new DLC stories seem to revolve around it?

Kind of weird that the DLC about the crystal legendary takes place in another region. It seemed so heavily linked to the lore of Paldea? I was hoping we would either get to travel to the past/future or maybe establish a connection to Kalos/the tragedy with the ultimate weapon. Unless this mystery blueberry school is in Kalos? Are Arven and the professor (the one who isn't dead or a robot) even relevant anymore?
You're assuming that we don't venture back into Area Zero at some point. Also, Arven's story is over. He had nothing to do with Terastallizing, so he has little reason to be here.

I wonder if they are trying to appeal to the Japanese fandom with the DLC. I remember there being a lot of complaints in Japan that SV was yet another game not set in Japan.

Perhaps this is how they will introduce the Hisuian forms? What happened to the time travel element anyway? Neither of the new DLC stories seem to revolve around it?
I’m kind of wondering what’s going on with the location shift myself. It would be a shame if they just decided to drop Paldea because of those complaints though. Couldn’t they have addressed those in Gen 10 instead? That would have been more meaningful than just putting Japan in a random DLC package.

As for the Hisuian Forms, that sounds genius!

Kind of weird that the DLC about the crystal legendary takes place in another region. It seemed so heavily linked to the lore of Paldea? I was hoping we would either get to travel to the past/future or maybe establish a connection to Kalos/the tragedy with the ultimate weapon. Unless this mystery blueberry school is in Kalos? Are Arven and the professor (the one who isn't dead or a robot) even relevant anymore?
You're assuming that we don't venture back into Area Zero at some point. Also, Arven's story is over. He had nothing to do with Terastallizing, so he has little reason to be here.

Actually, I think it’s possible that the opposite parent (Turo in Scarlet and Sada in Violet) of Arven’s could have moved to this new region. Maybe we find out why they left in Part I, tell them about what happened to Arven and their ex, and try to get them to reconcile as the events of Part II unfold?

As for Terapagos, perhaps maybe its absence is responsible for Area Zero rather than its presence there? IDK, just a thought.

What if Penny is actually from the Kitakami region and was sent back there instead of Galar.

I personally don't think any of the existing characters go with us to the other schools/area's, but i do think both the Teal Mask and the Indigo Disk DLC have something to do with eachother... which leads to a massive endgame plot in Area Zero (Else the name doesn't make a whole lot of sense if Area Zero has nothing to do with it), where Arven, Penny and Nemona will team up with the player and the new characters
Carmine and Kieran
, since they will appear in parts of the DLC. Also... is it just me or does Kieran look like Allister, when he has his mask removed and similair hairstyle

Literally just now realized that not only is Terapagos is the mysterious Disk Pokémon, but its name even contains the word "Tera". I feel a bit slow right now.

Don't beat yourself up, I didn't notice that. I was paying too much attention to the "-pagos" part of its name, which seems to be referencing the Galapagos tortoise. Not sure it actually is one, it doesn't look like any of the ones that came up in a quick search (although there's different kinds, this was one of the species that Charles Darwin used to come up with the theory of evolution so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some IRL variant that more closely resembles Terapagos), but that seems to be what the name is referencing.

Literally just now realized that not only is Terapagos is the mysterious Disk Pokémon, but its name even contains the word "Tera". I feel a bit slow right now.
It actually seems more to me like the golden disk has more going on it after looking at the two DLC Legendary Pokémon. It looks like there's going to be some sort of combination of Terapagos and Ogerpon going by Heath's sketch, or at the very least Terapagos is somehow using Ogerpon's mask. Imagine if it turns out be a legendary Starmobile equivalent.

There was never a connection between the ultimate weapon and Paldea, and before you say it, no, the great crater of Paldea wasn't made by the ultimate weapon, as the game explicitly says that they determined with FACTUAL GEOLOGICAL INVESTIGATIONS that the crater was formed in over one million years, the ultimate weapon was made and used only 3000 years in the past.

What if Penny is actually from the Kitakami region and was sent back there instead of Galar.

I personally don't think any of the existing characters go with us to the other schools/area's, but i do think both the Teal Mask and the Indigo Disk DLC have something to do with eachother... which leads to a massive endgame plot in Area Zero (Else the name doesn't make a whole lot of sense if Area Zero has nothing to do with it), where Arven, Penny and Nemona will team up with the player and the new characters
Carmine and Kieran
, since they will appear in parts of the DLC. Also... is it just me or does Kieran look like Allister, when he has his mask removed and similair hairstyle
Penny was already confirmed in game to have been sent to Galar, as that is her Region of Origin, you're basically making things up

Speaking of Terapagos, anyone else notice its shell is lined with pentagons, not hexagons as was stated in the Books? Another mistaken sketch or it possibly evolves?
Given that what Heath described was a Golden Disk and Terapagos is an Indigo Disk, I'm thinking that what Heath depected might not have been Terapagos, at least not in its present state. I'm presently of the mind that what the expedition leader saw was some sort of Starmobile equivalent, with Terapagos and some other legend(s) are powering like how Revavroom and other Pokémon powered Team Star's vehicles.

Back to Japan for the DLC? That's a big "mehhh" for me. Sorry. I shouldn't feel this way.

The new Pokemon do nothing for me, but I'm excited that Zebstrika is coming back!

I like the Momotaro theme they're going with for the first DLC and I think it'll allow for a fun little side story. The Pokemon are a bit of a mixed set as I like the orge/oni and pheasant, don't like the monkey too much, and the dog I don't know how I feel about it. I may warm up to them though as I didn't really like Calyrex until playing Crown Tundra, so maybe seeing them in action will make me like them more. Second DLC looks fun, it'll be interesting to see the underwater academy and get more information on Terapagos, which looks great.

As for the rest, happy to see Zebstrika's back as I don't understand how the poor thing was missing for this long.

I knew it was the third legend as soon as I saw it. I also seem to remember Khu saying it was supposed to be orange, tho, but maybe that was a beta design he saw, or an unrevealed form.

idk i kinda thought the changes in regions were kinda representing a sort of past and future element; like scarlet and violet do themselves. it's probably easiest for them to just do the 'past' region based off of japan since that is visually accessible to a lot of people. hard to say where Blueberry Academy will be, though.

Back
Top Bottom