• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Serena: Rival or travel companion?

What do you guys think?

• Travel companion

Votes: 56 90.3%
  • Rival

Votes: 6 9.7%

• Total voters
New idea, Serena is Delia's illegitimate child, and Ashs sister. Hence the reason she knows who he is, and is blushing mildy. "You're so cool Ash onee-chan!"

I think she'll most likely be a traveling companion.
I hope a companion so Ash doesn't get all the starters lol. I could see the girl getting more then one starter for once(from the same region).
Lol. I think Ash will get 2 at the most and Serena will just get 1.

No, Ash and multiple starters don't work well, ever.

Serena looks younger? How? (I'm guessing she's about 14 in the games. Maybe she's meant to be 10 in the anime?)

I'm hoping that Serena gets her own personality and not another rehash of Misty. I don't want Tsundere!Serena.

We recently have many comparisons that Serena looksn like Dawn, at least in her design. I think convenient to compare the images.

Serena anime
Y51qorw.png

Serena game
254px-Serena_Game.png

Dawn anime
dawn-hikari.png

Amd a bonus, May anime
150px-May_Anime_Artwork.png

Compare the images. Anime Serena has to have all the relationship with game Serena. Anime Dawn doesn't look like game Serena. If she looks alike anime Serena, there's a problem.

Attachments

• Y51qorw.png
    Y51qorw.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 265
I'm hoping that Serena gets her own personality and not another rehash of Misty. I don't want Tsundere!Serena.
Every female companion so far had her own personality. Just because some girls act similar does not mean they are rehashes. They all have different traits that make them stand out, so they're separate characters. This very thing could be avoided if we just stopped comparing characters and started judging them for what they are.

Most likely a travel companion, knowing the anime, they need to have her in there to promote the games as much as possible. As for her Pokemon, you can already tell before the anime even starts that her first Pokemon is going to be Fennekin, and you can just tell it will be Fennekin because of it's appearance and how it's the kind of Pokemon that would be popular with females.

Last edited:
We recently have many comparisons that Serena looksn like Dawn, at least in her design. I think convenient to compare the images.

Serena anime
Y51qorw.png

Serena game
254px-Serena_Game.png

Dawn anime
dawn-hikari.png

Amd a bonus, May anime
150px-May_Anime_Artwork.png

Compare the images. Anime Serena has to have all the relationship with game Serena. Anime Dawn doesn't look like game Serena. If she looks alike anime Serena, there's a problem.

What exactly is the point of this post??

Serena confirmed to have known Ash when they were younger.

Serena could pretty much be one of the three Pallet trainers that left in a journey besides Ash :/ It is a shame she will most likely not be. Serena could be like Ash, in a way that she always leave her old Pokémon with Oak, in order to use only the new Pokémon she catches in a new region. So she wouldn't start in XY with six powerhouses in her team. Meh. I better not set myself for disappointments. By the way, Serena looks completely different from Dawn. I really don't know where this comparison comes from.

I wouldn't say Serena looks like Dawn, especially now that we've seen her animated. That's just the way the anime styles girls.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom