• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Show me your Minecraft builds!

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I'm shocked this wasn't a thread before! I looove playing Minecraft and lately I've been really getting into practicing building. Right now a lot of my stuff is frankensteining together builds I see online, but I hope with enough practice and learning from what I see elsewhere I can start building some interesting stuff on my own without references. For now though, I'd love to share my learning process and I wanna see what you guys get up to as well!

I'll update periodically, here's some stuff I've put together. Most is heavily referenced.
2021-12-26_23.16.09.png
2023-08-27_06.45.52.png
2023-09-01_08.55.09.png
2023-09-05_13.50.26.png
2024-03-20_07.30.10.png
2024-03-20_07.26.28.png

Most of these were done in creative, but the last two were done in survival only, and I'm challenging myself to build in survival only as much as I can currently!

I'm starting to get into Minecraft now that I have the means to comfortably play it in Java Edition, so I hope I'll be able to show off my future builds here soon! I didn't think to look online for existing builds to take inspiration, but that makes so much sense... do you have any other big helps in your learning process? I'll end up taking inspiration from yours above of course, and that way it can be a chain of inspiration...? :bulbaLol: 一緒にマイクラするとあたしが素敵な家作れる!そうすごくやりたい!!!

I'll update periodically, here's some stuff I've put together. Most is heavily referenced.

Most of these were done in creative, but the last two were done in survival only, and I'm challenging myself to build in survival only as much as I can currently!

I remember a lot of these from when you showed them off to me! Even if they are 'only' frankenstined together I still think you are very talented!! You have a very great eye for design, which makes lots of sense to me given your hobbies and talents such! I am not surprised about your building prowess, only very proud LOL.. I didn't know you've been working on survival only builds, though, that sounds like so much more work, but you're doing great it seems! (BSL shaders are soooo nice as always...)

Is gathering materials the most annoying part of building in Survival in your opinion, or is it the fear of losing them if something sneaks up on you? (or something else entirely?) Curious to hear!

Anyways, this is my way of making my way here to remind myself to properly try my hand at building something fitting for me! Maybe this weekend or so, I can scrounge together something to share... I'll try my bestest!! o7

I'm starting to get into Minecraft now that I have the means to comfortably play it in Java Edition, so I hope I'll be able to show off my future builds here soon! I didn't think to look online for existing builds to take inspiration, but that makes so much sense... do you have any other big helps in your learning process? I'll end up taking inspiration from yours above of course, and that way it can be a chain of inspiration...? :bulbaLol: 一緒にマイクラするとあたしが素敵な家作れる!そうすごくやりたい!!!

I remember a lot of these from when you showed them off to me! Even if they are 'only' frankenstined together I still think you are very talented!! You have a very great eye for design, which makes lots of sense to me given your hobbies and talents such! I am not surprised about your building prowess, only very proud LOL.. I didn't know you've been working on survival only builds, though, that sounds like so much more work, but you're doing great it seems! (BSL shaders are soooo nice as always...)

Is gathering materials the most annoying part of building in Survival in your opinion, or is it the fear of losing them if something sneaks up on you? (or something else entirely?) Curious to hear!

Anyways, this is my way of making my way here to remind myself to properly try my hand at building something fitting for me! Maybe this weekend or so, I can scrounge together something to share... I'll try my bestest!! o7
Gathering stuff in survival can be boring and tedious if you don't have a plan for the builds you want to do.

I tend to use keep inventory just out of the sake of convenience. I don’t care that it’s “cheating” if I can journey off in one direction freely.

Anyway I’ve been playing a lot with some friends on a bedrock realm, so I might post some of my builds (I now realize I only have two small ones so far) here!

I tend to use keep inventory just out of the sake of convenience. I don’t care that it’s “cheating” if I can journey off in one direction freely.

Anyway I’ve been playing a lot with some friends on a bedrock realm, so I might post some of my builds (I now realize I only have two small ones so far) here!
I also use Keep Inventory. I also turn Mob Griefing off so that I don't have to worry about creepers blowing my stuff up. I fail to see how it makes building more fun. To me, it just means more work cleaning up the terrain and fixing any holes.

• Staff
I didn't know you've been working on survival only builds, though, that sounds like so much more work, but you're doing great it seems!
Thank you for your praise as always, Lisia!!

To be honest, I was adverse to survival building for a while because I felt it would take too much time and that I wouldn't get to use all the materials I wanted to build. In reality, it does take longer (especially because I can't fly around!) but I enjoy the process more and I appreciate my resources more, so to speak. I think it's a lot more fun to work with what you have access to. (I also built my entire NEW house in survival only, but I haven't gotten a pic of it yet)

do you have any other big helps in your learning process?
Just watching a looooooootta speed builds. :wynaut: I want to get on the level I see proficient builders are on (most of them just look at real life references and somehow translate that to minecraft, dunno how they do it). The black and white gazebo I built in my second to last pic was a 100% original build of mine, and I don't think I'd have learned how to make the architecture for it without absorbing what I saw speedbuilders do. Slow tutorial builds also help, and currently I rely a lot on those for figuring out resources. So I guess just look for a bunch of tutorials or speed builds all over youtube or eyeball photos of other builds, and you do just kinda absorb it as you go. It's okay to take a lot from tutorials especially if you're still learning, because it teaches you kinda how to make blocks work together.

Like the others have said I'm a casual so I play with KeepInventory and NoMobGriefing on because they would just be detriments to how I play to be honest. (and my friends thankfully agree). I'd say gathering materials would be annoying, but most of the time I'm too lazy to go out and adventure for stuff unless it's like one or two things that would REALLY enhance my build like glowstone or something. I usually try to most of the time work with what I have available in my chests already! I think it makes the build feel less arduous and like I said above, it's kinda fun to try and 'work with what you have'.

I'd love to see when you do!! I wanna try and build a train station myself when I've finished building stuff for my own minecrafting needs (like a farm, storage organization...) but I'll be sure to post photos of my stuff as I go! Good luck, Lisia!! <3

No sweat homie I don't think keepInventory is really cheating at all if you ask me, because why keep a feature on if it detriments your enjoyment of the game? Games are meant to be enjoyed first and foremost, so it'd be silly to keep on something that doesn't do that. I'm the same. Why would I make my experience frustrating? And like you I also love exploring LOL.

Exciting!! Please share soon!! I'm really hype to see what everyone comes back with in this thread!

I barely ever build, I don't think I'm good at it, but I've started to try more recently. Here's a project I was working on but never really finished my vision for it. I wanted to have another smaller hole in the top right and then like a crane or something on top of the mountain.
javaw_fnGjZ5uhgU.jpg

My idea for the inside was that it was left somewhat abandoned, and the perpetual cold of the outside eventually started to wear down the interior near the glass of the outside. (Wood gets damp, stone gets lighter, etc.) The icicles spawn naturally sometimes which helps as well.
javaw_COnmScpIbN.jpg
javaw_xf76Nfk5dh.png
I want to continue working on it but I'm not too happy with the interior, it was meant to be a place for my villagers so I went with a emerald theme but I don't really think it matches too well so I might re-do it in the future :confused:

off-the-cuff build i made while talking to my girlfriend. started with just the noteblocks and lamps and buttons for the copper golem to press, then i tried turning it into like a mechanical looking museum piece room? and i succeeded but it also looked like some sort of temple or something so i kind of leaned into that. then decided i wanted to make this a remnant of a larger structure/civilization. the primary blocks are bismuth and bismuth glass from the Etcetera mod, the pink crystals, lamps, and gold stuff are from the Galosphere mod. the red lamps are from Create. the golem and copper buttons are from Caverns and Chasms.
2024-04-28_01.41.04.png

2024-04-28_01.41.20.png

2024-04-28_01.41.24.png

2024-04-28_01.42.45.png

Back
Top Bottom