• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Shuckle VS Corsola

Yumega

Epic Sea Otter ftw
Reaction score
190px-213Shuckle.png
VS
180px-222Corsola.png

I'm not really all that fond of rock types, actually. And, I know I'm not the only one. We see geodude and Onix in every region (Though they shouldn't appear in the region dex of BW) so we don't exactly gasp in surprise every time we see one in a cave like some people used to do. Other than that there are rather lesser known Rock types like Nosepass and Cranidos and ones that put a smile on our face like sudowoodo.
The ones that are going head to head today fall into the nosepass category; they are not very well known. Well, Shuckle is more known than Corsola but both are secondary rock types, both are from the second generation and both don't evolve. Oh, and both seem to focus more on Defence rather than offense.

So we know what they share in common now its time for you people to decide who is the best one. I also want an explanation so here is the guideline;

Who has the most interesting and best looking Design?

Who has the better ability/s?

Who has the best move-pool?

Who is most useful in battle?

Who do you like the most overall?

Oh, and don't forget to vote! ;)

Next time: Drifblim VS Mismagius

Shuckle. Because I said so.

and for some reason Corsola reminds me of Misty lD

Corsola is better in every way except one. Shuckle can deliver the most damage out of any pokemon in the game! lol

It's virtually impossible to get this, but Shuckle can deliver a hit of 213,896,052 damage if the circumstances are right. His attack stat can also be 1228 in the right circumstances.

I think they both suck actually

I say shuckle. It's like a turtle with a rock shell. Corsola is ugly. Plus I like Shuckle's shiny color better.

Corsola. Both Shuckle's abilities are useless. Corsola has Hustle which I don't like (less accuracy is NEVER good) but Natural cure is more useful.

Corsola. It gets good special moves (Power Gem, Earth Power, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Surf, Ice beam) and some nice physical moves (Rock SLide, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Sucker Punch) but doesn't have the stats to use them. Shuckle gets nothing.

Corsola having 4x weakness to grass and 2x to ground and electric isn't good, but it's not like Shuckle is extremely useful either.

Shuckle, only for its rare candy gimmick. Corsola has nothing

I think they both suck actually

I say shuckle. It's like a turtle with a rock shell. Corsola is ugly. Plus I like Shuckle's shiny color better.

Corsola. Both Shuckle's abilities are useless. Corsola has Hustle which I don't like (less accuracy is NEVER good) but Natural cure is more useful.

Corsola. It gets good special moves (Power Gem, Earth Power, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Surf, Ice beam) and some nice physical moves (Rock SLide, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Sucker Punch) but doesn't have the stats to use them. Shuckle gets nothing.

Corsola having 4x weakness to grass and 2x to ground and electric isn't good, but it's not like Shuckle is extremely useful either.

Shuckle, only for its rare candy gimmick. Corsola has nothing

Finally someone who followed the guide lines ^_^ Interesting verdict, btw.

Ffff. I love both.

I voted Shuckle though, he's cuter to me. >.<

Corsola, for me. I just like the spikiness of it all. Shuckle doesn't look like much, the colors don't really pop out to me either.

Corsola, it has Hustle and Natural Cure, two useful abilities in battling. Shuckle has Sturdy (won't become useful until GenerationV) and Gluttony is near useless.

Corsola, it beats Shuckle in terms of learning moves. A wide variety, really. Shuckle doesn't have many offensive moves, but that's mostly because it's a wall.

Shuckle, I've never used either of them, but from what I've heard from the metagame, Shuckle can be pretty good if used right, while Corsola can be substituted with a better Pokemon.

Shuckle, surprisingly, it just looks really innocent despite being able to hit the highest in the entire game, which is kind of cool. Either way, I probably won't have a Shuckle or Corsola on my team anytime soon.

Shuckle makes a much better tank than Corsola.

Corsola, its very cute, my favourite type, and Misty (my favourite character) had one XD

It's definite to me that Shuckle is the Pokemon of my choice. He has the awesome defences coupled with the moves to take advantage of them (Encore and Bide comes to mind).

Shuckle, because it looks cuter to me and it is a Bug-Type.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom