• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rules Signature Rule Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see it now.
Gaiasweatdrop.gif
Problem is, it's 160px tall, meaning anything else above or under it makes your sig too large.

Yeah, I got rid of it. A few others couldn't see it, so it seemed pointless to keep it. However, I have a new signature. Is it OK?

I guess so. According to a quote, it's smaller than it used to be. A little.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I changed my signature....again (yeah, I change it a lot). It should be fine, so I don't think I need anyone to double-check for me.

I'm updating my sig and I'm wondering if this size is ok enough. I used paint to resize but if there must be something else, teach me how. Gosh, they look so small to find and look at when I try to upload them to tinypic.com

The image I want is: http://oi55.tinypic.com/14xcocm.jpg

Checking in to see if my signature is OK.
It's ok.

I'm updating my sig and I'm wondering if this size is ok enough. I used paint to resize but if there must be something else, teach me how. Gosh, they look so small to find and look at when I try to upload them to tinypic.com

The image I want is: http://oi55.tinypic.com/14xcocm.jpg
Your sig is 174px tall.

That picture in the link... it says it's 1,024x838px, most of it just white space. o_O When you were resizing it, were you using Attributes instead of Resize/Skew? (You may have to use percentages to do it, but Resize/Skew actually changes the size of the image while Attributes just adds to the canvas size without changing the image's actual size.)

Though even without all the white space, it's still 168px tall (width is fine, though).

Your sig is 174px tall.

That picture in the link... it says it's 1,024x838px, most of it just white space. o_O When you were resizing it, were you using Attributes instead of Resize/Skew? (You may have to use percentages to do it, but Resize/Skew actually changes the size of the image while Attributes just adds to the canvas size without changing the image's actual size.)

Though even without all the white space, it's still 168px tall (width is fine, though).

If I get it, could you help me re-resize it right away? I don't want to receive another warning just because I don't know how to resize anything correctly, which may seem a little unfair this time because all I've asked for was for a sig check.

If I get it, could you help me re-resize it right away? I don't want to receive another warning just because I don't know how to resize anything correctly, which may seem a little unfair this time because all I've asked for was for a sig check.
If you get the original image? I suppose. I'm assuming you just want it shrunken, not also stretched widthwise?

Your sig is 174px tall.

That picture in the link... it says it's 1,024x838px, most of it just white space.

Absolutely correct. It's even more annoying than having a sig in its full size it originated from. Your second question is next.

o_O When you were resizing it, were you using Attributes instead of Resize/Skew? (You may have to use percentages to do it, but Resize/Skew actually changes the size of the image while Attributes just adds to the canvas size without changing the image's actual size.)

Yes, is Paint also a type of Attribute? That's all we know how to use. I'm not very good with percentages ever. I wish if I was taught this in school.

So it's supposed to be supposedly smaller than my other sig then.

If you get the original image? I suppose. I'm assuming you just want it shrunken, not also stretched widthwise?

Yes, indeed. I want it shrunken. It just annoys me when it stretches the page and my friend had a similar problem on another forum. If I can get that on this computer instead of silly old Paint, I'd be happy to but my computer right now needs Updates.

Yes, is Paint also a type of Attribute? That's all we know how to use. I'm not very good with percentages ever. I wish if I was taught this in school.
I meant that in the Image menu in Paint, there's "Attributes..." and "Resize/Skew...".

Concerning percentages, take the number you want and divide it by the number you have, then move the decimal point to the right two spots. If you have a 200px tall pic, but want it to be 160px, 160/200 = .8, or 80%. So if you were to take your 200px pic, go to Resize/Skew..., then put 80 into the % boxes, you'd get a 160px tall pic.

So it's supposed to be supposedly smaller than my other sig then.
Max height is 160px, including text, so yeah.

Yes, indeed. I want it shrunken. It just annoys me when it stretches the page and my friend had a similar problem on another forum. If I can get that on this computer instead of silly old Paint, I'd be happy to but my computer right now needs Updates.
I was actually wondering if you had the original picture in the form it was in before you tried to resize it... But out of the one that's currently up, I tried to unstretch it a bit and made jpg and png forms:

14xcocmsmallerjpg.jpg

14xcocmsmallerpng.png

They're 144px tall, in case you wanted to keep that line of text.

Last edited:
I thought I changed my sig but it only changed back into this. I saved the image and then I put that same recent file name in my sig and it just didn't do correctly.

Edit: I used some other format on the sig options and now it looks pretty. Thank you for fixing this mess. Yes and about the attributes, tell me how to use it more or I can also ask the question on Yahoo Answers because I as well post there a lot. It feels good to ask there because a lot of people seem to know about anything there because there's lots of Top Contributors from all over the world.

Thank you for fixing this mess.
You're welcome.

Yes and about the attributes, tell me how to use it more or I can also ask the question on Yahoo Answers because I as well post there a lot.
In Paint, under Images, there's "Attributes..." and "Resize/Skew...".

Attributes... = Doesn't change the image itself. If you change the numbers, it may cut off parts or add white space around the image, but it won't actually resize the original image.

Resize/Skew... = Changes the image itself. If you change the numbers, it will stretch or shrink the image, but not cut off parts or add white space.

If I take this smiley :thumbup: and make it 60px instead of 15px, this is what happens if I try to make it larger with each:

Attributes... =
icon14attributes.gif

Resize/Skew... =
icon14resizeskew.gif

I don't know where those spots in the lower image came from (they aren't there when I resize it in Photoshop).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom