• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Single or Double Battles: Which are more difficult?

Singles is more difficult. Main reason why is because there is a lot more thought put into the battle as you are constantly switching and predicting accordingly. In doubles it is much more simplified as the main part is the team building. Once you've made a good team for doubles it's practically auto-pilot for the most part. At least that's my take on it.

They seem the same to me. It was really weird getting back into the habit of single battles after I had gotten Platinum, because the game I played more frequently before that was Pokemon XD....which of course, you do double battles only pretty much....so I had gotten used to double battles, and I actually like double battles more, for the fact that you can raise the levels of 2 Pokemon at a time instead of 1, so that you don't have to really grind at it as much.

Doubles seem easier to me, I also like them more. ^^ A lot of my Pokémon are trained to work together in battle.

Single Battles, mainly cause the fact that if your opponent has just sent out a pokemon you wern't expecting, you will have to switch out

But in a double, it's easy... only problem.... Earthquake/Surf/ and others

In my opinion double battles are more difficult because you need to come up with a strategy that will help you win the game.

I prefer singles, all my pokemon but Crawdaunt have primary attacks that mess up the teammates in double battles. Surf and Earthquake heavy team have I.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom