• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM044: Satoshi and Hoshigumo! Mysterious Encounter!!

A good episode, with half dedicated to important info dumps and setting up the upcoming plot, and then we have some "Fussy Baby Pokémon Shenanigans" to fill what remains

I've already seen people comparing it to Togepi, which is something I hope it's not, because lugging around dead weight that adds nothing to the plot or characters is poor writing and a waste of an otherwise intriguing plot coupon

But, Game!Lillie was already Bonnie 2.0 (blonde girl carrying a god in a bag) so hopefully they build off that

But, Game!Lillie was already Bonnie 2.0 (blonde girl carrying a god in a bag) so hopefully they build off that
A pokemon that on the run from an evil organization that desire it.
I think it's a nice touch to the "Nebby is a baby" having him crawl away from the bag.
Looks kinda creepy though.

Oh my, the Aether Foundation is even more awesome in the anime than it is in the games. It being composed of 3 females and 1 male makes for some amusing and unique interactions. I hope comedy stays with them for a while.

I don't understand why people are arguing over game faithfulness when it was pretty much confirmed that we'll see some UBs later.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzlg9FJ2wEw
did you all catch this scene at the end? Nebby is truly an asshole and won't stay in the bag!

It's Togepi all over again huh, Pikachu?

Oh my, the Aether Foundation is even more awesome in the anime than it is in the games. It being composed of 3 females and 1 male makes for some amusing and unique interactions. I hope comedy stays with them for a while.

I don't understand why people are arguing over game faithfulness when it was pretty much confirmed that we'll see some UBs later.

Given what the game gave us, I'm fine with the anime doing its own thing (or playing things with the pacing /content their own way) if that's what they intend to do.

SM are actually the first games I got really into, so this series I was very interested to see how the storyline would be similar and/or altered in the anime. It's hard to judge from just the first episode, but it seems like this will be a pretty interesting arc.

I love Nebby. It does remind me of Togepi, though I'm someone who never minded Togepi (growing up, it was actually probably my favorite Pokémon). I think the noises it makes are so sweet, and that it has a fun personality. Cheeky Pokémon are always entertaining to me, and I'd prefer a new and important Pokémon to have interesting character traits than to just sit there and be bland or absolutely annoy the hell out of me. I already feel attached to Nebby and I'm excited/worried/nervous about its future.

Really glad they kept the icy relationship between Lillie and Lusamine. I found it super interesting that Lusamine kind of acted more like a child than an adult. For example, when Lillie brings up Lusamine evolving Clefairy, and Lusamine kind of sheepishly pokes her fingers together before arguing with Lillie really stood out to me. It's like Lusamine doesn't have a great concept of her role as an adult and mother, and she's moreso focused on herself. I thought they adapted that pretty well. It was also interesting to watch Lillie be a bit louder and assertive than we normally see her. Just like Nebby, I'm really excited to see what comes out of this arc for Lillie.

Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet need to get married at some point. I want to see that relationship flourish, darn it.

Also add me to the list of people who are kind of ticked Ash is the one caring for Nebby at the moment. I get that he's the main character, but it does bug me that this was a major part of Lillie's story in the games and they're just shoving Ash under the spotlight again. I don't expect a complete re-telling of the game story in the anime, and I'm interested to see what they do differently here, I think in general I'm just sick of Ash always getting the special treatment and his companions basically getting nothing. They have done a better job this series, IMO (such as giving Lana a Z-Ring, which I totally didn't expect) so I won't get too upset about it right now or judge too much of what's going on. It's just an observation for this one episode that kind of bugs me.

I did enjoy watching the classmates all try and take care of Nebby, though. If it's a bit more of a group effort I'll be able to get more behind the whole idea. Kiawe singing to Nebby (and failing to calm it down) was pure gold.

Can someone remove Turtonator from the page since it isn't present in this episode? Is there any evidence that it's present? Just asking.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom