• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM074: The Big Old Thug is an Island King!?

upload_2018-5-11_4-9-44.png

I like how Kojiro (and Sonansu) looks worried, Nyasu looks shocked and Musashi looks furious.

Also:
upload_2018-5-11_4-7-53.png

Pokémon sure act more animalistic in Sun & Moon. I like that too

Well that flashback...was totally irrelevant to the episode or even why Satoshi just now decided to resume his Trial. I mean it was informative, if predictable, but you could've taken it out and it wouldn't change a thing. The least they could've done in the flashback is at least say that Satoshi will go to the next island to help out with the dream, but nope.
That's basically what the flashback said. It doesn't need to be said word to word that way. Kids are smart. They can figure it out themselves.
Right, Satoshi, a Pokemon League, I mean it's not like you've never been in one bef...oh, wait, yes you were.
Oh, and Lycanroc was thoroughly curb-stomped? But they did all that butt-wiggling and it wasn't enought? I am shocked.
The Sarcasm is strong with this one...
Also:
index.php

Pokémon sure act more animalistic in Sun & Moon. I like that too
Me too. I found that bit kinda adorable, actually, similar to how Pikachu sometimes shakes water off his fur like a dog or a horse.

That's basically what the flashback said. It doesn't need to be said word to word that way. Kids are smart. They can figure it out themselves.
They didn't even confirm what people need to do to enter the league. Everyone can enter? Or did you need to finish Island Challange?

They didn't even confirm what people need to do to enter the league. Everyone can enter? Or did you need to finish Island Challange?

That sort of seems to be the idea. Island Challenge completion, enter league

It's what we assumed, but it's still not confirmed. And it would stop characters like Kaki and Suiren from entering, considering they still didn't finish their challenges yet. Or did they? If so, where is their other Z crystals?

It's what we assumed, but it's still not confirmed. And it would stop characters like Kaki and Suiren from entering, considering they still didn't finish their challenges yet. Or did they? If so, where is their other Z crystals?
I think the reason for this uncertainty is because the League is still in development and even Kukui isn't certain what requirements there are to enter it. Of course, I'm ready to be proven wrong if more evidence to the contrary surfaces, but that's where my opinion stands as of now.

I think the reason for this uncertainty is because the League is still in development and even Kukui isn't certain what requirements there are to enter it.
Considering how he asked his students' help, that's probably the case. Which means, they didn't explain Satoshi's sudden urge to challenge Kuchinashi after all.

My favourite thing about this scene was that it happened whilst Kukui was doing the League reveal and Pikachu did not gaf, to the point that Satoshi had to be like "SO HEY PARTER LET'S GET OUR LEAGUE ON" and Pikachu was just like "uh huh buddy..." :ROFLMAO:

It was an OK episode. The previous one was the first SM episode i watched since
SM 61, and i have to say that Ula'Ula arc is really god IMO.

First of all, i'm growing in liking of Acerola.
She's a really adorable character, and i can't say how much i'm satisfied with seing a character working in a library.
(But i still think its a bit boring to read such short books all the time....Do they literally have no good writers in the Pokemon world?)
I also love Mimi-tan, mainly because due to her being an actual ghost.

Nanu is great, and that scene with Jenny was simply funny.

I skipped the scene of Ash playing with
Alolan Meowths..... I honestly don't like all those scenes like that.

Maybe Team Rocket Rainbow does happen in the Anime.
Maybe we're going to get awesome RR arc near the end of the anime, maybe about them using Necrozma for some world domination plot, or something like that.
(I'm honestly hoping for an awesome villian arc like Team Flare one).

My favourite thing about this scene was that it happened whilst Kukui was doing the League reveal and Pikachu did not gaf, to the point that Satoshi had to be like "SO HEY PARTER LET'S GET OUR LEAGUE ON" and Pikachu was just like "uh huh buddy..." :ROFLMAO:

If I was Pikachu, I wouldn't be enthusiastic either, seeing as how Satoshi is doomed to lose the league once again (8

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom