• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Smash showing a special preview tonight.

Keromatsu, high as hell :

KI4uCcC.gif

Harimaron, you are so perfect:

x3533nv.gif

Fokko, being generic:

KFGVkm6.gif

The first shot of Ash in the trailer was the first time I really saw what other people were saying about him looking more mature. Maybe it was just the angle/way that one shot was drawn but he does look a tad older. They'll probably still have him be ten years old but it's still interesting.

Also I found it hilarious when he was screaming from the plane and everyone was just looking at him like "wtf?"

I liked the preview, though I was kinda hoping for a glimpse of the new companion(s) too. I guess it could kinda hint to at least one of the companions being a character that already has been revealed for the games, which could make them want to save the surprise for later. When Iris and Dento were revealed, their gameselves had yet been revealed, which could be why they hyped them up so much for BW (even though their game counterparts were revealed soon after).

Chespin is adorable, omg, but so is Froakie and Fennekin. Fennekin does seem like it could become a new Snivy though. However, none those three will probably not be caught by Ash as they belong to Sycamore (if not something like the Oshawott scenario is repeated), but I still have a bad feeling that Ash will end up being the owner of all three eventually. Ugh.

Also, lol at Watchog being there too. Of course.

Previews like this are always such a tease for me. They show new material but I wanted to see more like traveling companions and/or rivals. Although I do understand that they might want to save that for later. Hopefully within the next month we can see those characters and in September, we can see extended previews that can potentially spoil captures if we look hard enough.

Nonetheless though, it's nice we got to see a glimpse of XY Ash, the starters, and Prof. Sycamore.

This one matter is almost enough to break it for me. For now, though, I am going to assume that this was out of context, so I'll wait for more details, but Ash being excited again cheeses me off SO much.

The starters are so cute. It looks like we might get another Snivy seeing as though the fire type has the control down pack.

Last edited:
Froakie is totally going to kick pikachus ass when the obligatory n00b shows up for his pokemon.

Froakie is so adorable, so full of swag. I am in love with it again :3 Chespin is lovely and Fennekin is also surprisingly cute.

Ash was looking so cool in that. PLEASE BE A BADASS, ASH!!!!

Fennekin looks kinda dweebish in the Anime. I like that its ear flames really do flare up like that. Chespin is adorable staring at Froakie, and Froakie just looks chill.

Did Ash really say he's going to become the Kalos Champion?

I think this is the first time he has ever expressed the desire to become the champion of a region.

I think this is the first time he has ever expressed the desire to become the champion of a region.
He just announces Satoshi from Masara has arrived, nothing about being a Champion.

He just announces Satoshi from Masara has arrived, nothing about being a Champion.

Yeah, just saw the video. It would've been cool if he really aspired to become champion in a serious (or as serious as Ash can get) way right from the start.

Froakie is totally going to kick pikachus ass when the obligatory n00b shows up for his pokemon.

The writers better not even think about giving him to a rival. I'm so tired of these grass type starters..

You mean Fire-type starters, right? Charizard, Cyndaquil, Infernape, Pignite. Enough, give Satoshi Froakie, Chespin or both, but not Fennekin.

And the first Pokemon, other than Pikachu, to appear in the Kalos region is...

Miruhog?!

Seriously animators, what is your obsession with that thing?

The first shot of Ash in the trailer was the first time I really saw what other people were saying about him looking more mature. Maybe it was just the angle/way that one shot was drawn but he does look a tad older. They'll probably still have him be ten years old but it's still interesting.

Also I found it hilarious when he was screaming from the plane and everyone was just looking at him like "wtf?"
That made me laugh xD

The writers better not even think about giving him to a rival. I'm so tired of these grass type starters..

You mean Fire-type starters, right? Charizard, Cyndaquil, Infernape, Pignite. Enough, give Satoshi Froakie, Chespin or both, but not Fennekin.

Well to be fair Ash did have Torkoal he never got Torchic Ash has been getting grass type starters since day one that's why I'd rather see Ash get Froakie and Fennekin or just Froakie.
And the first Pokemon, other than Pikachu, to appear in the Kalos region is...

Miruhog?!

Seriously animators, what is your obsession with that thing?

Lets just be glad it's not Deerling or Darmanitan..

Well to be fair Ash did have Torkoal he never got Torchic Ash has been getting grass type starters since day one that's why I'd rather see Ash get Froakie and Fennekin or just Froakie.
Sure, but most of his Grass-type starters were underused, unlike his overused Fire-type starters. Froakie would definitely be my choice for Ash's main starter, though.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom