• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Something that bugs me about Go's team...

TapLover

Reaction score
In the episode where he caught every Kantoian bug type, he caught evoluted formes in completely separate Poke Balls, which is suspious. For that matter, it seems that anything to do with Pokemon evolution does not exist (including objects that can evolve Pokemon, such as stones), and they've been phased into a "related family of Pokemon" sort-of thing. So this Metapod can use Harden for infinity without turning into a Butterfree, right?

This should've been in the Anime thread, but It's here for some strange reason

In the episode where he caught every Kantoian bug type, he caught evoluted formes in completely separate Poke Balls, which is suspious. For that matter, it seems that anything to do with Pokemon evolution does not exist (including objects that can evolve Pokemon, such as stones), and they've been phased into a "related family of Pokemon" sort-of thing. So this Metapod can use Harden for infinity without turning into a Butterfree, right?

I don't understand what you're getting at. I mean, when was it ever mentioned in this series that evolution suddenly doesn't exist?

And why do some people keep making a big deal about the fact that Go caught things like Butterfree and Beedrill instead of him catching Metapod and Kakuna and evolving them from those stages? What, are characters not allowed to catch fully evolved Pokemon now?

In the game, I caught Butterfree before I even found Metapod and later, I had the daycare give me a Caterpie on Sword and Shield and before on another game... And I never evolved my Caterpie or Metapod.

I never planned to. I just wanted to fill up my dex.

Right now, Gou doesn't have an interest in training or battling. He finds the ability to catch pokemon exciting and the most fun for him. As he learns what it means to be a trainer, I'm sure he'll learn to train certain pokemon and not just be about catching them all.

I like seeing characters change and develop and with him, he's going to be a gem because there's so much that they can explore with him.

As said, Go is not into battling right now. Also, Misty had both Staryu and Starmie way back in the OS, and the one she preferred was Staryu. There's nothing wrong with that as the anime has never portrayed evolution as a necessity.

Metapod.jpg

Do you really want it to evolve? Let it do yoga in peace.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom