• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sound Anime Collection for Johto - What would it look like?

Kazamatsuri

GO FOR THE GOAL!
Reaction score
Okay,so I'm sure many of you have heard of the Sound Anime Collection CD released early on in the series. This CD includes the first opening theme Mezase Pokemon Masutā, the third opening theme Poketto ni Fantajī, and 40 instrumental tunes from Kanto. Unfortunately, a similar Soundtrack did not get released for Johto. But I've been thinking for a while what it would look like if one were released.

Here's what I have for a Johto OST tracklist:

1. OK!

Third Pocket Monsters Opening Theme

2. GSC Opening Title Theme

Track 11 on Genki Ippa CD

3. Route 29 Theme

Track 28 on Genki Ippa CD

4. GSC Bike Theme

Track 29 on Genki Ippa CD

5. GSC Surfing Theme

Track 27 on Genki Ippa CD

6. Rest and Relaxation

My first self-titled track on the list. This tune sounds similar to the Route 29 Theme. It can be heard in Episode 127 (Stantler) towards the beginning when Officer Jenny appears on the scene.

7. Route 38 Theme

This tune was used at the end of Episode 133 when Ash won his first Johto Badge.

8. S.S. (Speedboat) Aqua Theme

Track 22 on Genki Ippa CD

9. Route 27 Theme

This tune was used at the end of Episode 141 (Mareep).

10. GSC Bug Catching Contest Theme

Track 12 on Genki Ippa CD

11. Mysterious Event Happening

This tune has an eerie feel to it and quite frequently during the Johto Saga (as in much more often in the original than in the Dub). It is heard in episode 125 (Spinarak) when officer Jenny explains the story behind the Black Arachnid in a flashback.

12. The Sprout Tower

This tune was used twice in episode 132. Once when the the history of the Sprout Tower was being explained to Ash and co., and the other time right Ash's initial battle with Team Rocket when the Sprout Tower was seen in plain view.

13. Lonely Pokemon

This track was never heard in the Dub, but it was used in episode 128 when Ash was struggling to find Chikorita, and towards the beginning of episode 139 when Oddish was trying to mimic the Hoppip.

14. OK! Sad Variation

This is a sad instrumental version of the Johto Opening Them, OK![/B]. It can be heard in Episode 131 during Jessie's flashback when she was in nursing school with the Chansey.

15. GSC Team Rocket Theme

I think almost everyone is familiar with this tune. It plays quite often when Team Rocket make their move or launch an attack (usually right after they say their motto). An example would be in episode 130 when TR attempt to capture the Ledyba.

16. GSC Team Rocket Theme Version 2

This is actually another instrumental variation of the GSC Team Rocket Theme used in the Anime. It's a slower, not as intense, and often used in situations that have nothing to do with Team Rocket. For example, it was used in Episode 160 when Miltank defeated Totodile, and then Pikachu.

17. Saffron City Them

Ironic that this tune wasn't used in the Anime until Johto, since it originated from the RBY games. This tune has never been kept in the Dub, but it can be heard at the end of episodes 138, 140 (Gligar), and 154 (Skarmory).

18. Bright Shiny Day

Another tune never heard in the Dub. It was used in episode 127 when Brock explains how he realized that there was only one Stantler.

19. River of Tears

I can't really describe this tune, other than it sounds like it was done with a violin. It was used a lot in episode 263 (Victreebell/Weepinbell Trade).

20. GSC Trainer Battle Theme

Another in-game theme used in the Anime. It was used in episode 161 during the second battle againt Miltank with Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Pikachu.

21. GSC Rival Encounter Theme

This tune was used in episode 160 during the battle between Cyndaquil and Nidorina.

22. GSC Wild Pokemon Battle Theme

Track 21 on Genki Ippa CD

23. Losing the Battle

This tune was used in Episode 136 during Charizard's struggle against the larger, stronger Charizard, and in Episode 152 when Team Rocket netted the Houndour.

24. The Enemy Advances

This tune was used in episode 130 during James' infamous backwards speech, and in episode 137 when Team Rocket moved the mirrors into place to immobilize the Sunflora

25. Out of Control

Track 24 on Genki Ippa CD. The title is my own.

26. GSC Champion Battle Theme

Used in episode 133 at the start of Charizard's battle with Pidgeot.

27. OK! Action Theme

This is the upbeat instrumental variation of the third opening theme that we all know and love, used often during climatic battles when the tide goes in favor of Ash and co. Such is the case in Episodes 132 (Sprout Tower), 139 (Hoppip), 156 (Noctowl), and many others.

28. OK! Happy Ending Theme

This variation of the Johto opener was used at the end of episode 134 (Crying Merrill).

29. The Shining Light

I'm sure many are already aware of this tune, since I self-titled it a long time ago.It was used in Episode 161 during Pikachu's victorious battle against Miltank.

30. The Hardest Part of the Struggle

A very small segment of this incredibly sad sounding tune was heard in the Dub in Episode 131 during Blissey's staged confrontation with Arbok and Weezing. The full 2:00 version of this tune can be heard in the Japanese version of episode 197, when Lang reasons with the Magnemite. I consider this the Johto version of Afterwards, Clear These Tears (Track #38 on SAC) from Kanto,accept that it is used in the Anime a lot less.

31. Goodbye Charizard

This tune was used at the end of episode 136 when Ash left Charizard behind to train in the Charicific Valley.

32. Goodbye Squirtle

This tune was used at the end of episode 149 when Ash's Squirtle rejoined the Squirtle Squad.

33. Ecruteak City Theme

This tune was used at the end of Episodes 145 (Acorn and Pokeballs) and 148 (Lickatung/Wobbuffet Trade).

34. GSC Ending Theme

Another tune that is never heard in the Dub. The Anime version of this tune can be heard in episodes 166 (Pidgey) and 176 (Mini Ditto)

35. Hara Hara Relay

Eighth Pocket Monsters Ending Theme.

Last edited:
That would be just perfect. It would make me so happy if the OK! intrumentals were released. I have a quick question though: Has the RBY Champion Battle Theme ever been released?

It would be awesome, perfect, wicked and all that stuff.

Especially that one of those tracks is my favourite Pokemon games track ever (namely, Route 27).

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom