• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Stupidest thing you have done in a video game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was playing Everquest Online Adventures - many moons ago - I wandered into a high level zone and got attacked by mobs.

Once in splatoon I activated my special thinking it was a kraken only to realize after I activated it that it was an echolocator. I forgot that I switched from the custom E-Liter 3K to the normal E-Liter 3k and I ended up getting splatted after jumping from a safe spot right into enemy fire.

Once in splatoon I activated my special thinking it was a kraken only to realize after I activated it that it was an echolocator. I forgot that I switched from the custom E-Liter 3K to the normal E-Liter 3k and I ended up getting splatted after jumping from a safe spot right into enemy fire.

That just reminded me of one time I activated the kraken special (I like to use the Krak-on Roller myself) and I tried to splat someone that was on a grate, missed, and fell through the grate.

A stupid thing I did in Bravely Second is when I was fighting one of the dragon bonus bosses, I cast regen on the whole party after casting reflect on someone and ended up giving the boss regen. And it wasn't the zombie dragon that takes damage from healing spells either. :oops: I restarted the fight after that.

Set a new record in personal stupidity the other week by deleting my LeafGreen save to replay the game. Only to remember I had a Shiny Rhyhorn I'd gotten from the Safari Zone on there and had never traded off to FireRed or Emerald for safe keeping.

In Yokai Watch 2 I was going through the introduction to terror time and had just got past the part where it told me to run away from the big scary yokai and when I have control of my person again I run the wrong direction and straight into said big scary yokai. -_- It of course got me into a battle that I lost at such a early level in the game.

Skyrim. Grelod the "Kind". Asleep. Had my bow and arrow ready to skewer that harpy.

Punched her by accident.

in Bomb Squad, i throw one sticky bomb to my enemy, but i fail and later i walk and touch accidentaly the sticky bomb and i die xD

Getting my Thief and Healer units killed in Fire Emblem.

I played Tales of Zestiria recently, and I managed to get to a scene where a character dies. You get the chance to either talk to the other characters about it afterward or stay at the inn. I wanted to save, but I thought going inside the inn would allow me to save. Instead, it went to the next scene. Next time, I'm quick-saving.

I have to moments, one from a long time ago, and one from just last week. When I first started plaing Pokemon, with Pokemon Crystal, I used my masterball on a Jigglypuff. When I realized what the masterball did I remembered I had used it and was so upset with myself.

Last week I started playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I caught a wild horse and went to the next town before boarding the house (giving it a name and saddle). I went to go do some story stuff and I left it by some water... not a good decision. It ended up wandering into the water, then swam over to a small ledge it could stand on, but the wall behind it was two steep to climb up. Try as I might I could not get it to go back in the the water and swim to the other side. I even tried making a bridge with a tree branch for it. But the poor horse was totally stuck. I finally traveled out of that town the next day (not in-game, actual next day) after spending about 2 hours in that town trying to see if it would get iself unstuck. I played for about 3 hours outside of the town then went back and the horse was gone. Just today I actually found a horse that looked exactly like the one that got stuck, so I caught him and named him Survivor.

I fell asleep leveling up a few of my Pokemon in Sun, but when I woke up, I had a Rotom-W that was burned, two Pokemon knocked out, and an opposing Jolteon with half its HP. I have no idea what happened nor do I have any memory of how I got to that point. Normally when I am falling asleep, I shut the 3DS closed and wait for morning to start playing again, not leave it open and play while half-dead alseep.

This was a million years ago but once upon a million years ago I used to play Rappelz. I had just started out and I wasn't really used to games where you could just run around wherever you wanted BY YOURSELF (my only previous MMO experience was GuildWars (the first one) where you can't really solo (without henchmen anyway), and WoW which I got bored of in like 5 days so doesn't really count). So I used the freebie giant chicken thing you get as a new player and was riding that around like a lunatic. I just kept going and going and going... and suddenly I found my like lv 15 arse in the middle of a place full of lv 90-something INSANITIES. I was like oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.... suddenly I see an oasis in the distance and some people huddled around a waypoint (or whatever they're called in Rappelz, I forget) and I just banzai to them and just chill out there, let the adrenaline go away, and figure out how in the name of cheesecakes and misery I was going to get out of there (I am a cheap bastard and was trying to think up a way to do it without a) dying, or b) using up one of those "teleport home" scrolls). Suddenly some incredibly nice person buffed me with like four uber-buffs (buffs level based on the caster's level, so I was super-OP considering that person was like lv 90-something) so I was like FUCK IT and used the teleport scroll and immediately banzai'd through a bunch of hard quests I was saving for when I was a higher level. ^<__<^;;

Got trapped in the spiked pit in one of the Sonic levels. Escape is impossible, but you have to stand there and wait until you lose all of your coins before dying.
Don't remember which level it was or whether it was in Sonic The Hedgehog, StH 2, or S3K, but I remember being very frustrated, because there was literally nothing I could do to prevent my death, but it took forever for me to actually die.

Not planting my tea seeds early enough in Story of Seasons- Trio of of Towns. Now I don't have them for the festival.

Spoiler tag cause this became rather long

Here's another "Z Runs Around High-Lv Areas as a Lunatic N00b" story. So here's some backstory: I'd played GuildWars since like the second beta weekend, pre-ordered Prophecies, ran a guild/alliance for like six or more years, pretty much did everything you could do in the game, got the God Walking Amoungst Mere Mortals title, you name it. For the longest time I was obsessed with this game and thought nothing of playing it for like 16 hours a day. In the game there's this like mythical place called Orr that is tangentially related to the main story (so basically if you're not paying that much attention you'll totally miss it), but you can't go to Orr in GuildWars because it sunk into the ocean before the story begins. Beyond the questionably few lines of dialogue about it in the main story the only real exposure you get to Orr is in the form of the undead that are plaguing Kryta that you only know are from Orr cause they keep dropping things like "Decayed Orr Garments," so presumably sunken Orr is currently populated by waterlogged zombies.

So eventually GW2 comes out and HEY GUESS WHAT ORR HAS RISEN FROM THE DEPTHS. All caps because, as one friend put it, "Orr is to GuildWars as Pandaria is to WoW." Well, I don't play WoW but apparently Pandaria was also some mythical inaccessible place for the longest time. So anyway, me being a big huge GWs nerd I'd always wanted to visit Orr so as soon as the betas were over I started on my quest to find Orr. I should have started with a human char cause I knew that they start in Kryta which, as previously stated, had been infested with Orrian waterlogged zombies in the previous game, but hey, brand new race that didn't exist in GWs, who can resiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist. Anyway, eventually my Sylvari made her way to Kryta and I began my mission in earnest. Since I didn't really know how to get to Orr since who knows what had changed on the map between GWs and GW2 (I mean, an entire kingdom rose from the bottom of the ocean, of course some other things changed too, yeah?) my plan basically amounted to "GO SOUTH YOUNG PLANTLING."

So head south I did. I think I was lv 22 or 24 when I started this journey. You get EXP for exploration and you get more EXP on higher-level maps. On the flip side, if you're super-low level you basically aggro anything visible on your screen no matter how far away you are. Fortunately I was playing a necro so I surrounded myself with cannon fodder, I mean my loyal undead minions, and started banzai'ing through the areas. Just south of the main city in the game (which happens to be in Kryta) is a lv 45-55 area, so I was already screwed from the get-go :p I found a nice fort to rest and repair my armour, and then suddenly an event started in which the fort was being attacked so I had to flee for my life~ After some more misadventures with being murdered I made it to the next area, which is lv 55-65. Whee.... Near the end of the previous area the waterlogged zombies had started showing up so I knew I was at least headed in the right direction, if not getting close. I couldn't really ask anyone cause this was like week 1-2 of the game so these maps were almost empty. Finally I hit the water at what I thought was the southmost area of the map and could go no further. There's a building right there to repair armour so I did that and tried to explore around there as much as I could because I was obviously not in Orr yet. At the end of the water was this castle thing which looked suspiciously like this castle-thing in the GW2 trailer where this giant undead dragon-thing named Tequatl appears from. I watched the trailer again and it was indeed the castle so I was like, omg maybe I can make this thing appear. Many deaths and armour repairs later I gave up and sat down on the beach wracking my brain trying to figure out how to make Tequatl appear (yes, I have ADHD, but for some reason I thought hey maybe undead dragons have something to do with Orr. I thought maybe I'd get a clue as to where to go next). About 10 minutes later an event starts and lo and behold Tequatl appears! And I flip the fuck out and start yelling "TEQUATL! TEQUATL!" into map chat. Again, these maps were barely populated at this point so maybe five people replied, 2/5 of which had no idea what I was talking about. One guy had the gall to be like "Don't kill him before I get there!" and I was like "I am lv 28 somehow I don't think that will be a problem??"

Anyway, five people can't kill a world event boss so we failed but that was kinda fun. Then someone pointed me in the right direction to the next map, stating Orr was there so onwards I went! ... into a lv 70-75 area. Woo. ^<__<^;; Eventually I made it to another, much larger fort, repaired my armour, and fwumped down again cause I'd reached another end-of-the-map water going south. I'd gone so far but still had no idea where Orr was and was kinda getting cranky at all the trollerrific zombies that were plaguing all of these maps with zero Orr in sight. So as I'm sitting there some people start talking in mapchat and so I was like, oh hey, there are people here. HEY GUYS WHERE'S ORR. And they were like, "lol it's right across the water from where you are." I was like, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. Apparently I had to go west at this point, not south, so that's what my problem was. So I immediately dove into the water... and practically died on impact. That water is INFESTED with zombies. Like white on rice, guys. Fortunately there are like two waypoints in the ocean on the route I was taking so with a lot of persistance and many many minions and waypointing and repairing of armour at the fort I finally got to the other side of the water-logged zombie ocean! (at least now I knew why they were water-logged ^O__o^;; ) Guys! There's a WAYPOINT right over there! I ran straight for it...! .... and got murdered just out of reach of the waypoint. .... nnnnnnoooooooooooooo!! Literally died with one foot on the sands of Orr. So I just lay there. Dead. Staring up at the sky. At least there was an interesting airship-vs-undead-dragons battle going on up there. I'm not sure how long I laid there but I was SO CLOSE that I didn't want to try again. I think maybe 30min later I noticed some random guy ressing me and I was like OMG! As soon as I was alive again I banzai'd for the wp and immediately got murdered again BUT I GOT THE WAYPOINT GUYS. I officially had a waypoint in Orr. The dude who ressed me was like "lololol lv 32 wtf" and I was like OMG I LOVE YOU THANK YOU. And then I immediately wp'd out of there to some other place. Mission Accomplished. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom