• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sugimori art?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to revive, but I was wondering if anyone here had any good Screw Breaker / Drill Dozer art? I'm looking for character art or it and haven't found much other than Jill and the Police Commissioner. I was hoping for images of Croog, Carrie, and the Skullkers...

I was wondering if anyone saved that Pokemon TCG VS image of the Johto leaders before the site went down.

This is the best I could get from Youtube:
cardVSfront.jpg

Last edited:
JaytheGallant linked me to his Johto Sugimori repository which made me think of all of you.
Password is "sugimori"

I tried several times but it always said the password's incorrect T_T

Anyways, as I watched the RSE wallpapers that Wullava posted from the gtsplus site, I loved most of them (even if I've already seen some), but felt sorry Sugimori-san hasn't made one of that kind for D/P/Pt characters, I mean, Dawn's the most beautiful Pokégirl ever (in my personal opinion, of course, although Erika and Whitney are close) and Lucas is as cool as Brendan.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I've been busy. I removed the password to avoid any problems.

Has anyone seen this picture its a picture of Blue,Red, Pikachu and Charizard? I think its a cool picture, a Ken Sugimori classic.

Oh and I found a picture of Dawn sketched by Ken Sugimori, its nothing though just her head on a lined piece of paper with his signature. Oh well.. I found it quite interesting how he sketches :p lol and this thread is 4 years old O.O. ZOMG

The girl in the sketch is Leaf, not Dawn. I haven't seen either one of those two pieces of artwork before, so thanks very much.

In particular, this shows that Red was associated with Pikachu in as early as 1996. The idea wasn't created for the anime as popularly believed.

The girl in the sketch is Leaf, not Dawn. I haven't seen either one of those two pieces of artwork before, so thanks very much.

In particular, this shows that Red was associated with Pikachu in as early as 1996. The idea wasn't created for the anime as popularly believed.

Oh ok well I thought the girl sorta looked like Dawn,thanks for that, yeah and I don't think the idea was for the anime because apparently Pikachu and Scyther were the most two popular pokemon in the games, Cleffairy was meant to be the mascot. Also about the anime they probably chose Pikachu among the two popular Scyther and Pikachu because Scyther would of probably been a bit to feisty for a starter pokemon. And also I have an early version of pikachu, yes it looks similar to the pikachu in I choose you!, but the one in I choose you! is actually a remake of the following.

Not sure if this is posted before (since the last post obviously has a dead picture, would be aprieciated if someone could reupload it) but either way.

Here is further Generation I Sugimori for Blue.

JyX4n.jpg

It derives from a series of books called Pokemon Kurafuto, and I'm certain it is not exclusive to the DX2 of the series, which I've found in higher quality than the others. Not sure if the book has a larger version of the artwork, or even other artworks, but it's still interesting.

Has anyone seen this picture its a picture of Blue,Red, Pikachu and Charizard? I think its a cool picture, a Ken Sugimori classic.

Oh and I found a picture of Dawn sketched by Ken Sugimori, its nothing though just her head on a lined piece of paper with his signature. Oh well.. I found it quite interesting how he sketches :p lol and this thread is 4 years old O.O. ZOMG

Hate to bump an ancient thread, but... what is this fellow talking about? I've noticed pictures missing from a bunch of posts in this thread. Were they formerly attachments? Does anyone have the two mentioned in this quote, particularly the Leaf sketch that the user mistook for Dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom