• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancient and possibly future Pokémon: Jigglypuff, Amoonguss and others...
According to Khu, these would seem to belong to a group like UB

Rfake: Pokémon that mimic other Pokémon, but are not of the same species.

Both new concepts concern new Pokémon with different names and dex numbers.

Hint on water digglet name: HDS
In chinese, Diglett's name is "Dishu". Could be the DS part, with a prefix H-something indicating it's fake, or related to its type.

edit: Found on Twitter, maybe He/Hu meaning river.

Last edited:
Concept-/design-wise those two things feel the same way (imposter-like Pokémon, unique species, quite subtle in differences, etc.), I wonder what the difference is.

I also wonder if they're truly two unique new things, to begin with. They could very well be 2 different categories of the same new concept.

The prefix "ancient/future" is still fandom headcanon, though.

Concept-/design-wise those two things feel the same way (imposter-like Pokémon, unique species, quite subtle in differences, etc.), I wonder what the difference is.

I also wonder if they're truly two unique new things, to begin with. They could very well be 2 different categories of the same new concept.

The prefix "ancient/future" is still fandom headcanon, though.
Kaka said that it is like an "ancient form"

We will see. I also think "RFake" is a term invented by Khu.

Last edited:
Found in the tweet responses:
Dunsparce chinese name is TuLonDiDi and didi means younger brother.
TLJJ could mean TuLonJieJie, Jiejie meaning older sister.

Khu gave the chinese name of Dunsparce evolution.
I think didi was always intended as a pun; As 地底 (also didi, but pronounced differently) means subterannean/underground.

I think didi was always intended as a pun; As 地底 (also didi, but pronounced differently) means subterannean/underground.
I don't have any slight of knowledge in chinese so I trust you. But I also think Khu likes to play with words to add difficulty in his riddles.

I don't have any slight of knowledge in chinese so I trust you. But I also think Khu likes to play with words to add difficulty in his riddles.
Oh I'm just an avid Googler is all, my knowledge of anything Mandarin is non-existent.

Anyway, going by the Chinese name I don't suddenly expect a more feminine looking Dunsparce-evo or anything, I do expect a greater size, though.

@LuckyLuke yeah, I don't expect 'RFake' to be the name, either. Pretty sure it's just the name given to them by Khu.

We also need to insert somewhere the concept of time warp.
What if the difference between the two concepts is in the lore. RFakes are random Pokemon mimicking other Pokemon. But the new concept results of time warp.

Also, independant of this time warp theory, Koraidon and Miraidon look like they could be part of this group of new concept. Koraidon and Miraidon might be the vampire-jigglypuff equivalent of an unknow Pokemon (or third legendary?).
Khu said they are not the same Pokemon. The same way vampire jigglypuff is not jigglypuff, while we could have thought otherwise.

We also need to insert somewhere the concept of time warp.
What if the difference between the two concepts is in the lore. RFakes are random Pokemon mimicking other Pokemon. But the new concept results of time warp.

Also, independant of this time warp theory, Koraidon and Miraidon look like they could be part of this group of new concept. Koraidon and Miraidon might be the vampire-jigglypuff equivalent of an unknow Pokemon (or third legendary?).
Khu said they are not the same Pokemon. The same way vampire jigglypuff is not jigglypuff, while we could have thought otherwise.
I would honestly have expected time-warped Pokémon to be forms of existing ones, not entirely new species.

That's why I don't get the 2concepts-thing, as the Pokémon look/read conceptually the same.

Khu is hopefully able to clarify it better before September.

New riddle:

The same way Khu used abbreviations for Dunsparce evo name, he revealed other abbreviations (alongside TLJJ again):
74H
TW
LQL

Probably based on chinese names again.
Maybe they are all for cross-gen evo like Dunsparce2?

---

Girafarig chinese name is Qilinqi (QLQ) maybe LQL is for its evolution LinQiLin :D
Quagsire chinese name is ZhaoWang (swamp king). Remember the book riddle? Riku-o (Land King). Digging Wiktionary, a word in chinese for land is Tudi. TudiWang (TW).

Last edited:
New riddle:

The same way Khu used abbreviations for Dunsparce evo name, he revealed other abbreviations (alongside TLJJ again):
74H
TW
LQL

Probably based on chinese names again.
Maybe they are all for cross-gen evo like Dunsparce2?

---

Girafarig chinese name is Qilinqi (QLQ) maybe LQL is for its evolution LinQiLin :D
Quagsire chinese name is ZhaoWang (swamp king). Remember the book riddle? Riku-o (Land King). Digging Wiktionary, a word in chinese for land is Tudi. TudiWang (TW).
You genius.

Sprigatito3 is fake. Good, we dodged a bullet.

Wait, it's a Phantom Thief!? When did this turn into Persona 5!?

• Glad Sprigatito leak is fake. However, I don't how I feel about its real evolution, from what I can see that looks more like a middle evolution than a final evolution. Still not a fan of the color scheme.
  • About Fuecoco, my theory is getting stronger and stronger. Imo the final evolution will be this still four-legged alligator with a ghostly-fire chicken on its head that is actually the "pokemon". What I mean is that probably it's this fire chicken who fights against enemies. It's like a dead crocodile possessed by this ghoslty fire energy that has the form of a chicken. This is why probbaly Khu asked about the expression of the final evolution. It will always be the same absent/possesed face.
  • Quaxly becoming a dancer peacock is good. I was afraid it would be too close to Sirfetch'ed if it turned out to be a knight. Now I feel it will be closer, in terms of personality, to that fake vain platypus evolution which was obsessed with its hair. I expect a great personality and design from it.

He guessed it !!

Unpopular opinion: I hate it when fans create fake Pokémon designs and post them on the internet. GameFreak has admitted that this actually made it harder for them to do stuff like a Mega Evolution for Flygon and other things. This is because GameFreak is worried about being sued by some idiot who thinks their idea was stolen. I also hate it when fans complain that "fake Pokémon designs are better than the real thing".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom