• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm more than inclined to agree with it probably being fake, as we don't often have blurry 3D images turning out to be real and it being increasingly easy to design these models, I still don't think the eyes-argument really suffices. I looked at the trailer again, and some of its Pokémon don't seem to have the elaborate eye-structures some like Seviper had.
I can't really look right now but I know that Stonjourner does and I'm pretty sure everything at least has a modeled mouth.

I can't really look right now but I know that Stonjourner does and I'm pretty sure everything at least has a modeled mouth.
Hmmm, fair enough. Even though Oddish still has a very simple 3D model in the current games.

Not really. The eyes on pokemon models are actually modeled now- Oddish's eyes and mouth there are just a 2D graphic like how they used to look.
I meant the actual design concept, I can see GF creating such design. Of course, the actual model looks off so I agree with you. But… anything is possible, they could enhance the model on the final version.

I meant the actual design concept, I can see GF creating such design. Of course, the actual model looks off so I agree with you. But… anything is possible, they could enhance the model on the final version.
For a different region, maybe, but a pineapple regional variant wouldn't suit a Spanish region by any stretch of the imagination. Pineapples don't grow there naturally.

I’m worried about the new gimmick. If it involves type changing like the rumors says, I hope it’s not lame. I’d rather have no gimmick tbh.

Same. No one can even find a source for it or proof that it was ever on Baidu, yet it's being toted about as fact and used to crosscheck other leaks. =_=
Yeah, it's not even in-line with Khu's riddles, nor has there ever been a leak talking about behind-the-scenes stuff, like how it says the games have been in development/concept-phase for quite some time. It's all too descriptive, and even the starter-types are partially re-used.

Yeah, it's not even in-line with Khu's riddles, nor has there ever been a leak talking about behind-the-scenes stuff, like how it says the games have been in development/concept-phase for quite some time. It's all too descriptive, and even the starter-types are partially re-used.
I've barely even looked at it, honestly, because if a leak from Baidu is "spreading like wildfire" yet no mention of it can be found on Baidu... dubious that it even exists.

And aggravatingly people assume "the Uncle" is the Chinese Riddler and therefore the leak is credible. But "uncle" is their general term for all leakers, and there's certainly no proof that the Riddler said any of it.

Friggin' English community needs to stop acting like the Chinese Riddler is the only source of Chinese leaks. Not everything from a supposed Chinese Uncle is legit.

I’m worried about the new gimmick. If it involves type changing like the rumors says, I hope it’s not lame. I’d rather have no gimmick tbh.
Given how dead set TPC seems to be on having a new battle mechanic each generation, going without one might not be possible outside of faithful remakes. I personally hope that any type-centric burst mechanic/“battle gimmick” leads to some in-universe explanation of Pokémon types in general (like how Mega Evolution gave the evolutionary energy Pokémon use a proper explanation with Infinity Energy) rather than just boiling down to “the energy/fragments of [insert new Legendary Pokémon here] makes this phenomenon possible, so it can only be done within the [insert region name here]” we’ve had for the past two generations (Necrozma with Z-Moves and Eternatus with Dynamax/Gigantamax).

Big shock.

I think we all knew pineapple Oddish was fake deep down. It’s nice to have some confirmation though.

Off topic but… thank you guys for being normal. I spent a time in r/Pokeleaks and I met the most horrible person there. Never gonna contribute again there I guess.

Yeah, it used to be a nice place until the number of users exploded.

Friend shaped

I think I'm still leaning on fake for these guys but they're so cute I kinda wish they were real.

Glad to know this is fake. Adding a new stone won't be good.

Ugh, the other thing that drives me nuts- how many people treat Eclipse's word as gospel. How many things does that dolt have to get wrong before people stop acting like he's the authority on everything?

Well, anything he got wrong was just his speculation. /s
:bulbaFacepalm:

That Oddish and Gloom will go down as top tier fakes I hope. I love them, even though I never thought they were real (especially Gloom- was it growing more pineapples on top of its head when it’s body was already a pineapple? I doubt that’s how pineapples work right?).

That Oddish and Gloom will go down as top tier fakes I hope. I love them, even though I never thought they were real (especially Gloom- was it growing more pineapples on top of its head when it’s body was already a pineapple? I doubt that’s how pineapples work right?).
I guess it's almost how it works?

Pineapple-and-Pineapple-top.png

But I also don't see any pineapple plants spawning any more than one pineapple so the three on top of Gloom is too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom