• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the counting, SV has 400 pokemon Total base. And so did SWSH. So it looks like ~400 is the Norm to expect for the first mainline game in a generation.

Saw a theory on Twitter that since the Herba Mystica from the Path of Legends can be abbreviated to "HM", it could mean that this path is how additional "HM" abilities for Koraidon and Miraidon are unlocked. In this case, then I guess that means its the "Main Story" of the game.

The unlocks could be arranged like this maybe:
  • Klawf = Rock Climb (Sneasler)
  • Sushi Duo = Surf (Basculegion)
  • Crane = Fly (Braviary)
  • Worm = Dowsing (Ursaluna)
  • Paradox Donphan = Battle Form? Not really sure what other ability could be unlocked a this stage.
All we know about the final boss of the main story, outside of the Paldean Champion who is likely Geeta, is that they supposedly use Paradox Pokemon and we can't use our Pokemon during the battle. I believe Kaka has shared this.
Personally I think said Paradox pokemon they'll use will be Volcarona. Have to be a reason they have version exclusives of it
If the PAth of Legends has such a big impact, then this leads me to this thought: is it possible that the Herba Mystica are directly connected to the Paradox Pokémon and not just the Titans?

I did the math, This is the general Percentages of how much of the Gen 9 Dex is each generation (counting transfer exclusives)
Gen 1: 14.25%
Gen 2: 10.75%
Gen 3: 10.25%
Gen 4: 10.75%
Gen 5: 10.25%
Gen 6: 9.5%
Gen 7: 7.5%
Gen 8: 11.75%
Gen 9: 25.75%

With the Numbers of 57, 43, 41, 43, 41, 38, 30, 47, 103

So honestly, suprisingly balanced across every genration (save for 6 and 7 but they also have a low number of pokemon, with most of gen 7's dex being UB's)

[Good news] Mr. Basculegion, is still alive dead.
To be fair, this list seems to be missing some Pokemon. Salazzle we know is in the game but is not on that list, so there may be a couple more like Basculegion present that haven't been accounted for.

To be fair, this list seems to be missing some Pokemon. Salazzle we know is in the game but is not on that list, so there may be a couple more like Basculegion present that haven't been accounted for.
I counted the amount of mons for each section before the transfer-only section, and it does match Khu's 297 of returning mons in the dex.

My guess is Salazzle was either used for SV's beta and was eventually scrapped (like Greninja was for SwSh's beta), or it's being reserved for DLC.

I counted the amount of mons for each section before the transfer-only section, and it does match Khu's 297 of returning mons in the dex.

My guess is Salazzle was either used for SV's beta and was eventually scrapped (like Greninja was for SwSh's beta), or it's being reserved for DLC.
There's another tweet by the people who made that chart that says they forgot Salazzle.

Make of it what you will.

There's another tweet by the people who made that chart that says they forgot Salazzle.

Take of it what you will.
Right, I saw that, but the issue is that adding Salandit/Salazzle into the count adds up to 299.

For the record, I counted twice. First time being individually, and 2nd time using a spreadsheet with rows of 20.

Here's the spreadsheet for comparision.

unknown-252.png
unknown-96.png

I thought Khu made a tweet saying that the dex image had room for some error, but it was at least 99% correct. I could have misinterpreted. I think he was saying there's 297 pokemon in his dex image; not 297 in the paldean dex.

But he also quoted the speculation image and said they got a only a few slots wrong.

I thought Khu made a tweet saying that the dex image had room for some error, but it was at least 99% correct. I could have misinterpreted. I think he was saying there's 297 pokemon in his dex image; not 297 in the paldean dex.

But he also quoted the speculation image and said they got a only a few slots wrong.
Yes this is correct, the interpretation is that there is 297 Pokemon in his dex image, which is presumed to cover all returning Pokemon. This is where the confusion is arising from at the moment, since Kaka shared a screenshot of Salazzle as one of the returning Pokemon, but the people analyzing Khu's dex image not only forgot that, but also seem to be unable to find a spot for it.

Personally, I think Salazzle probably is in Khu's image, and its spot became murky because of the amount of zooming in the people analyzing it did to get a closer look. Hence Khu's statement that they "got a few slots wrong". This is on top of Khu saying that his dex image is only 99% correct, meaning that the actual roster of Pokemon may have changed or will change since the creation of his graphic. I don't think anyone should be too surprised if the final lineup turns out different from what is being speculated here.

You know, I have some thoughts on that image, so I hope people come back to it when the game is out.

A bit of an update but the PLA evolutions may not be transfer only, they're just not listed in the dex. Weird how that works, but at least it means that maybe those like Wyrdeer or Kleavor can be obtained without needing PLA to get them.

A bit of an update but the PLA evolutions may not be transfer only, they're just not listed in the dex. Weird how that works, but at least it means that maybe those like Wyrdeer or Kleavor can be obtained without needing PLA to get them.
But then why exclude them in the first place?

If the PAth of Legends has such a big impact, then this leads me to this thought: is it possible that the Herba Mystica are directly connected to the Paradox Pokémon and not just the Titans?

Hmm... this may just be circumstantial but Arven does look a lot like both Professor Turo and Professor Sada.
Could it be possible that we will have Paradox people as well as paradox pokemon?
If it is then I'm wondering... anyone else notice that Clavell has both a Scarlet and Violet version shown on the website, there are currently only 2 other characters on the website where they show two versions of them, the protagonist, and the professors. Which is really interesting since there doesn't seem to be anything different about the two versions when compared to the protagonist and the professors.
Are the professors and Clavell, paradox versions of Arven and Penny?

Hmm... this may just be circumstantial but Arven does look a lot like both Professor Turo and Professor Sada.
Could it be possible that we will have Paradox people as well as paradox pokemon?
If it is then I'm wondering... anyone else notice that Clavell has both a Scarlet and Violet version shown on the website, there are currently only 2 other characters on the website where they show two versions of them, the protagonist, and the professors. Which is really interesting since there doesn't seem to be anything different about the two versions when compared to the protagonist and the professors.
Are the professors and Clavell, paradox versions of Arven and Penny?
At most Arven is Turo and/or Sada's son and Penny is related to Clavell and that's the reason she's not expelled yet despite skipping class and not wearing the recomended uniform.

Because paradox Pokémon are past and future versions of the same Pokémon. Like how the raidons are the past and future Cyclizar. The same concept wouldn't really work for the human characters unless it was a Legends situation or like your ot your rivals children show up unexpectedly.

I hope this doesn't become the "major NPCs are Ultra Beasts in human form!" of this generation.

I really hope they can evolve. It would be a bad choice.

I really hope they can evolve. It would be a bad choice.
That'd ruin the point of Hisuian Cross gen evolutions being evolutions lost to time. Besides, if you worried about breeding to get the perfect versions or whatever that's what mints, bottle caps, and ability capsules are for.

That'd ruin the point of Hisuian Cross gen evolutions being evolutions lost to time. Besides, if you worried about breeding to get the perfect versions or whatever that's what mints, bottle caps, and ability capsules are for.
The point is that the evolutions are justifiable.

In the space-time distortion of Legends are Porygon and his evolutionary items. They could do the same with the items of Ursaluna and Kleavor in Paldea. Or an NPC has found these ancient items.
Stantler evolves with the new move, so ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom